Who Doesn't Advance, Rd.1

jws926

I need to think of something new for here
Simple, who is not going to advance from Round 1 of the final 10 races?

My picks that dont advance.
13 Dillon
14 Almirola
15 Johnson
16 Bowman

Johnson, Bowman, Dillon, Almirola

This round is pretty easy, the next round gets a little bit harder.

Bowman, Dillon, Jones, Almirola

48 gonna surprise some folks. Also think 78 is gonna fall apart but their points cushion will carry them to the next round.

One thing I dislike about the elimination playoff is that it tends to focus our attention on the *bottom* of the playoff roster. We should be looking at the winners and top-5 finishers, but inevitably we will spend too much time in the next three weeks thinking about positions 12 - 16 in the playoff standings.

But this is what we have... and after many decades of following various racing championships, I know there is no perfect system that solves all problems. So here we go...

First four out: Dillon, Bowman, Johnson, Hamlin.

The wild car is the roval race at Charlotte. Anything can happen there. Dillon, Bowman, Almirola, Truex.

I'll go with Bowman, Blaney, Truex and Almirola.

Truex is starting with 35 bonus points, he'd have to mess up awfully bad in those first three races to get eliminated.
I understand that. But one big name misses every year, and with Toyota pulling support as well as The Preacher who says the 78 cant implode?

I understand that. But one big name misses every year, and with Toyota pulling support as well as The Preacher who says the 78 cant implode?
Not saying it's not possible, but it certainly isn't probable. As far as the one big name in the first round every year, this is only the 2nd year of this particular format, so we don't have much of a gauge. In the first 3 years of the elimination format, drivers only got the 3 bonus points per win, so even the top guys only had 12 or 15 bonus points to start the Chase/Playoffs with.

Truex falling out in the first round is possible, but I'd give it a <5% chance.

I'm going to modify my picks. I still say Dillon, Bowman, and Almirola, but am going with Blaney.

UGH!

Woke up today and didn't feel any better after that crap yesterday.

Stage points are going to be a must this week if the 9 is going to climb his way back. Richmond not one of his best places, I was disappointed when they announced they were putting it in the playoffs.

Elliott, Johnson, Jones, Hamlin sounds great to me!!!!!! :))))))))

sucks for Johnson he had a good run going but could not finish the deal and yes I think he now be one of the first 4 out.

48 11 20 88

12 cars race 12 races and the one with the most points wins, Period.

If you need a playoff at all.

They will cut it down to 12 after Charlotte
I just don't see the math in anyone in the top eight won't make it to round 2.
Right now the bottom four are 9, 11, 20, and 48.
The 11, and the 20 have at this moment more speed and a better pit crew than the 3, 9, 48 and 88, so that's the four who will make it. None of those teams have speed in the car or the crew.
For round Three I worry about the 78's pit crew, they faltered at Vegas, the car was fast but the crew was not
Bowman
Johnson
Dillion
Logano
Did you watch the race? Logano fished second at Vegas and is fifth on the board right now. All three Penske cars are coming alive.

Did you watch the race? Logano fished second at Vegas and is fifth on the board right now. All three Penske cars are coming alive.
Are there any other races left that will match Vagas heat wise?

They really hype the elimination crap. I think positions 13 through 16 can still points there way into the next round during the next two races.

They really hype the elimination crap. I think positions 13 through 16 can still points there way into the next round during the next two races.
I think the 9 car will move ahead for sure.

Bowman, Dillon, Jones, Almirola

48 gonna surprise some folks. Also think 78 is gonna fall apart but their points cushion will carry them to the next round.
48 has had top 5-7 speed 3 of last 4 weeks. Once they put together a race, they will be fine. I see a top 10 at Richmond, and a top 3 at Dover. People seem to forget how easy that team can become a favorite, just by showing execution when they have speed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom