Who is the better driver

Taco

Team Owner
Kyle Busch or Martin Truex?

I say Kyle Busch. Truex won the Championship because he had the dominate car.

If you put Kyle and Truex in Identical car's, Kyle kicks Martins butt. So IMO the car won the Championship, not Martin.

In this case I will say Martin is the better driver in a Cup car. My reason is: He was able to work with his team and get the most out of his car consistently to get the most wins, the most stage points and above all beat KB head to head for the "Lottery" championship.
Kyle is much better when playing in the minor leagues with the best car.

Based on the body of work we have to go on, I would not hesitate to say Kyle is the better driver. No disrespect to Truex, though, he has shown that with the right stuff behind him, he can more than get the job done. In totally equal circumstances, (as if there was such a thing) I'd say Kyle beats Martin 7 out of 10 times. Kyle is more likely to throw a race away though, so there is that.

upload_2017-11-27_8-1-4.png

This guy in the picture out drove kybu and everybody else all year. Unlike the asterisk win of the shrub, Truex "dominated" the Cup series all year. At this moment in time he's the best cup driver in the sport. Period. Shoulda woulda coulda be damned.

USATSI_10426575_151203922_lowres_1511154279414_11760368_ver1.0.jpg

So Truex is a better driver than Busch because he won the championship this year, even though all but one of his wins came on 1.5-mile tracks?

The figures lie and the liars figure I guess.

Kyle's the better driver, but it's more than that in NASCAR racing. Truex had a better car at the 1.5-mile tracks and had a better crew.
The figures are accurate.

It is kind of funny though, when Kyle does good it's Kyle. Everyone else, it's the car & crew. Somewhat of a head scratcher.

Kyle is obviously the overall better driver but not this year.

What's so hard on giving a guy credit when they deserve it? Truex has been the only driver that I can remember winning the championship regardless of what the chase format predicted should happen.

He went out there and won it the good old way, whipping them boys every weekend on merit.

Speaks a lot to Barney Visser's style of management IMO. I can not see any advantage taking and using competitor's equipment,dealing with pit crew sanctions, and letting their competitors car (not a team mate) make a deal on who will lead the restart when they started second. His alliance team mother ship was more of a hindrance than a plus overall IMO. The last two seasons Truex and team have been able to deal with all that and come out on top.

I think Truex is a very talented guy, and his longevity and winning for three different teams shows that, but I would like to see him produce at this level a little longer before I am ready to crown him among the all time greats. I still think Pearn has hit on something that even the Gibbs cars don't have that is making a darn good team that much better. Let's revisit this topic in a couple of years and see where things stand.

And one season does not tell a story like this. Kurt Busch beat Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson for a championship once. Is he better than they are? Terry Labonte beat Jeff heads up under the old format. Is Terry better than Jeff? Alan Kulwicki beat Bill Elliott and Davey Allison. Was he better? In 1991, Harry Gant won about seven races in a row between Cup and BGN. Did Harry (who I love) suddenly become the greatest driver in NASCAR? No, Andy Petree figured out how to camber a rear axle and make it last before anyone else did.

The figures are accurate.

It is kind of funny though, when Kyle does good it's Kyle. Everyone else, it's the car & crew. Somewhat of a head scratcher.
At least this time when Kyle tried to blame his problems on Joey he remembered the last time he tried to do that and didn't think he was the second coming of Rambo
hqdefault.jpg

If you put Kyle and Truex in Identical car's, Kyle kicks Martins butt. So IMO the car won the Championship, not Martin.
We get it you don't like Martin, and your in love with KB, problem is Martin won.

Championships are won by Championship teams and drivers, MTJ is the best driver in NASCAR today. His drive at Homestead when KB clearly had the faster car was nothing short of phenomenal. He is king of the hill till someone can knock him off..

Kyle is an exceptional driver..... but.... he is his own worst enemy.... he just doesn't see the big picture most of the time... plus...... being as self-centered as he is.... that doesn't help.

Tell ya what, that son of a gun has been good for Nascar, he's crazy as hell. Very entertaining this year, Chase and Denny good stuff there, Kez hammering the rice burners, Harvick was lacking this year, he took a chill pill or something.

Not so sure about that, it wasn't just the car that got Truex the championship.

Kyle has quite a record and I would have to give him the edge on Truex. I have seen Kyle do some amazing things in the past several years. Martin did a great job this year ... I think he has improved as a driver.

Back
Top Bottom