Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Alex Bowman

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • William Byron

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Snowman

Crew Chief
To coincide with some thinking Byron got pulled up too early and Chase Elliott casting doubt because he hasn't won yet, I'm curious who everyone thinks will be the next of the young guns to get a checkered flag?

There are other young drivers that haven't won a Cup race yet, but I limited it to those driving for the top flight teams and those with the most hype and pressure to perform.

William Byron... chase Elliott is still winless next summer at this time.

Chase winning would be good for NASCAR as a whole. Just look at his Twitter following 661K, Ryan Blaney 127K, Kyle Larson 302K, Erik Jones 48K and Daniel Suarez 38K.

Next years bold predictions thread is gonna be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chase has been the closest and I think he will soon get a good finish/win.
Now watch Jones pull it off. He is do to run a smart race. Suarez seems to be smarter than Jones.

I think it's gonna be Suarez with the surprise first win over those other drivers.

Chase Elliott.
My second choice would be Erik Jones. He has shown the skill and speed needed to win a race. He just needs a break. If he does not get into the playoffs, then he may very well be our lucky non-playoffs race winner this year. Gah, I feel silly referring to it as the playoffs.

While Suarez has been good recently, I can not really say that I expect him to get it done before the season's end. What impresses me the most about him, though, is that he runs quite low in the field initially, and then, just as the race is coming to an end, he sneaks into the top ten. That has happened quite a few times now. :) He will probably win a race next season. :)

While Suarez has been good recently, I can not really say that I expect him to get it done before the season's end. What impresses me the most about him, though, is that he runs quite low in the field initially, and then, just as the race is coming to an end, he sneaks into the top ten. That has happened quite a few times now. :) He will probably win a race next season. :)
I agree, I dont see it happening this year, but I do it see it next year, and thankfully, but I still stand by that he will be next one, I dont see the rest getting a win this year, but, just like I cant pick the winning lotto numbers, I am sure I will be wrong about this too.

And like the winning the lotto numbers, we shall see, man! ;)
Frankly, I won't count any of them out as far as being winners goes. Except for the two who are clearly not in Cup yet. ;)

And like the winning the lotto numbers, we shall see, man! ;)
Frankly, I won't count any of them out as far as being winners goes. Except for the two who are clearly not in Cup yet. ;)
No counting any of them out here, just not sure the ones that havent won are going to be able to beat the two strong teams right now and heading into the final 10 races.

Dont get me wrong, I want to see the entire final 10 ( race's) drivers be made up of all winners, so if they could help with that, it would be great :D

No counting any of them out here, just not sure the ones that havent won are going to be able to beat the two strong teams right now and heading into the final 10 races.

Dont get me wrong, I want to see the entire final 10 ( race's) drivers be made up of all winners, so if they could help with that, it would be great :D

Yes. Absolutely. I do not, and I repeat, I do NOT want a winless driver lucking into a championship! :eek: That is my nightmare, ok? :p

I'm gonna say William Byron, or Suarez if Chase doesn't win MIS.

Idk

Newman almost threw a wrench in the wins thing with his Chase run in 2014 and that was a year where 3 drivers had 5 plus wins, I wonder if a driver like Kenseth takes that formula and ends up in the final four

Chase Elliott.
My second choice would be Erik Jones. He has shown the skill and speed needed to win a race. He just needs a break. If he does not get into the playoffs, then he may very well be our lucky non-playoffs race winner this year. Gah, I feel silly referring to it as the playoffs.

Doesn't that remind you of Matt Kenseth early in his career????

Chase winning would be good for NASCAR as a whole. Just look at his Twitter following 661K, Ryan Blaney 127K, Kyle Larson 302K, Erik Jones 48K and Daniel Suarez 38K.
Danica has 1.8M. Maybe it would be better for the sport if she won.

I'll go with Chase, he's really consistent and will get a win eventually. Suarez has ran well but I just don't see him or Jones winning this season. Now if Chase doesn't win this season than I think Byron will beat them all to victory lane. Bowman just hasn't impressed me and I feel like he'll be the Kasey Khane of the new HMS and maybe squeak a win out eventually.

I'm sure a lot of that Twitter popularity is because of the car he is in. Doubtful he would be that popular if he was in say the 77.

Back
Top Bottom