Who is your champion?

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by ReturnTrip, Sep 9, 2019.

?

2019 NASCAR Champion

Poll closed Monday at 1:08 AM.
  1. Kyle Busch

19.6%
  2. Denny Hamlin

16.1%
  3. Martin Truex Jr.

3.6%
  4. Joey Logano

7.1%
  5. Kevin Harvick

25.0%
  6. Brad Keselowski

8.9%
  7. Chase Elliott

10.7%
  8. Kurt Busch

1.8%
  9. Kyle Larson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Bowman, Jones, Blaney, Byron, Almirola, Bowyer, Newman

7.1%
  1. ReturnTrip

ReturnTrip Team Owner

Pick 'em.

2. ReturnTrip

ReturnTrip Team Owner

Going with Harvick, he's hot at the right time.

Nitro Dude and JohnHill like this.
  3. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Looks like Kyle Busch already won the real championship :pbjtime: no clue who the lottery winner will be :idunno:

jws926, Joker, DaBiff1618 and 4 others like this.
  4. 10-4

10-4 Car Chief

5. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

I think this is the year Denny gets it together mentally and wins his first championship.

jws926, lolla79 and Team Penske like this.
  6. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

But, but...the pLaYoFFs...

kyle18fan likes this.
  7. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

The real champion is homestead's winner. Lord.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8. BobbyFord

LOLZ, no.

sdj and Snappy D like this.
  9. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I keep convincing myself Denny will get one.

10. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Am I missing something?

Did Nascar change the format my dude?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

11. BobbyFord

NASCAR changed the relevance of a championship.

12. kyle18fan

No, I don't subscribe to that nonsense

Larsonfan1995 and Snappy D like this.
  13. kyle18fan

Homesteads winner won Homestead

Larsonfan1995 and sdj like this.
  14. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Nice to know that you two don’t count Kyle’s championship from 15 then.

jws926, Joker, Johali and 3 others like this.
  15. BobbyFord

Championships don’t mean anything anymore.

16. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

To be fair, no one should. As much as it sucked for Kyle to be injured at the beginning of the season, the medical wavier to get him into the playoffs was bull****.

Greg, jws926, Speedbowl14 and 7 others like this.
  17. BobbyFord

To be fair, the playoffs aren’t fair.

Larsonfan1995 and Snappy D like this.
  18. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

Even though he’s hot right now, Harvick will make it to Miami but won’t win it all. I expect a Denny Hamlin playoff meltdown around the Elite 8 and will be super surprised if it doesn’t happen at some point over the next two months. I’ll go with Kyle Busch to join Harvick in Miami as he’s been the best all year even though he’s been quite for the least month or so. So that leaves two spots but 3 Penske drivers. Don’t think Blaney will get to Miami as he’s been outrun by Joey Logano and Kez all year. I think it’s a toss up between the 2 and 22 but Kez gets a Texas sized win to get him to the Championship (dip$hit. 24 fans will get that one). So 1 spot to left to make it a Championship Foursome between The People’s Champ Chase Elliott, Martin Truex Jr and resurgent brother Kurt Busch with Logano lurking looking to get to the Final Four to defend his Cup. It’s close but Elliott edges out MTJ as the Chevy rep for the Monster Cup. So we have Kyle Busch our regular season champion, Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski and Chase Elliott in the NASCAR Ford Homestead - Miami Championship Bowl with the winner being...Kyle Busch gets his second Monster Cup narrowly holding off Harvick all race.

19. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

There should be a Fox Sports Champion, NBCSN Pre-Playoff Champion, SuperSpeedway Champion (Purple Jersey), Road Course Champ (Green Jersey), Short Track Champ (Red Jersey), Intermediate Champ (Blue Jersey), Dirt Champ when it comes to Cup (Brown Jersey). Quilted Jockey Jerseys for multi-Champs.

But definitely no "Regular Season" Champ to confuse certain NASCAR Fans from the ultimate Cup Champion. :)

20. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

It will be one of four guys. :D

21. 28car

28car Team Owner

it'll come down to Newman and Harvick

Newman gets it this time

22. Revman

Revman I didn't do sh!t Bob!

Harvick is good at the right time. Hambone having the year of his life. Vegas will tell us a lot IMO. I would pick Kyle Busch every time.....but we shall see. I am not too happy about engine failures two weeks in a row. I do understand the bitching about the format, but imagine life without it. Would the next 10 weeks mean as much as they do? Probably not. Would Homestead have all of the suspense? Definitely not. I will argue that the system has yet to deliver an unworthy champion. How could that be? .....but it is.

23. 10-4

10-4 Car Chief

Yep I agree. Some people need to quit living in the past. This current championship format is far superior to anything in the past. Interest in every race right up to the end. Drivers have to bring and be their best right up to the very end of the season.

aunty dive, Revman and SlicedBread22 like this.
  24. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Looks like they need to work on their "chase spec" motor. :D I did find the white smoke billowing out of the front end to the turquoise color made for an interesting photo contrast. It was a pretty color to blow up to.

Revman and 2 Sweet like this.
  25. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

Imagine life without it, with double the people at the track and watching on TV. Where the guy with the highest points scored for the entire year won the championship. When every race mattered.
    Let's go back to that, keep the stages, and make it 50 points to win, 35 for second and -1 per position after that.

jws926 and Snappy D like this.
  26. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Why waste time wishing for what ya don't have and have no possible way of changing, instead of adapting to what is or taking a hike to find something ya like? Playoffs are going to happen regardless of what I think. Kudos to NBC for turning up the engine sounds so the Gerbils were mostly background clutter

Ventisca likes this.
  27. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Logano always has that extra gear come playoff time.. he got his bad luck out of the way over the past 5 weeks or so.

Logano, Harvick, Hamlin, and Busch make it to Homestead. Theyll play on the Ford Vs Toyota thing the whole week.. My vote has to go to Joey but it could be any of them. I do think those 4 are the best drivers this year.. and any one of them could be replaced by Truex. If it comes down to a long run I'd say Harvick but a short run has Joey written all over it again. He was crazy fast at the end of that race last year. I dont think Hamlin can pull it off.. Kyle is always a threat.

So basically.. :idunno:

GO JOEY!! :D

Revman and Mike Crayne like this.
  28. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Just let Chase finally make it to Homestead and I'll be happy. He's overdue.

2 Sweet likes this.
  29. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I haven't read anywhere that Penske had built all of his latest and greatest cars for the playoffs like he did last year, but I don't see them doing anything differently this year. They should be strong again.

30. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

I'm sure they have.. they're always stronger this time of year.. over the last 6 years with Penske I think 10 or 11 of Joey's 21 wins have come in the playoffs .. I'm estimating.. didnt actually look it up.

Joker and StandOnIt like this.
  31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

If Joey doesn't do anything else but rough up Truex at Martinsville again, it's enough for me, but I do hope he gets to the last 4.

SlicedBread22 likes this.
  32. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

This should be in the BOLD Predictions thread. :)

Joker likes this.
  33. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

34. Elliott_Fan_9

Elliott_Fan_9 Formerly JJ_14

Harvick is firing on all cylinders at the right time. He's my pick for sure.

35. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Interesting.

I have Harvick, Hamlin, or Keselowski.

Keselowski is due IMO, Logano has been quite pedestrian for about the past month. Keselowski has been racing at a pretty high level outside of the wreck at Indy and the nonsense at July Daytona earlier this year.

Harvick has gotten hot at the right time, but I pick Brad to win it all this year. Vegas is a great track for him as well to start off.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  36. Hawaii808

Hawaii808 Team Owner

Kyle is due for a Tony Stewart like run through the playoffs.

37. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Denial

Michfan likes this.
  38. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

Harvick gets the dub.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

39. 2019PensekeFan

2019PensekeFan Crew Chief

My money's on Harvick.

40. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

You have to make the lottery bowl to win it, so I’ll take Rowdy since he’s basically locked into the round of 8

Speed wise I’d take the 19 or 4