Who moderates this forum?

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Unfortunately sometimes it leaks out of the Podium. I’m a guilty participant when dealing with condescension.
It’s better than allowing that fungus to spread.
“What we’ve got here, is a failure to communicate…”

Brentford

Team Owner
The Internet can be a toxic place and I'm pretty sure being a moderator doesn't pay the bills, so certain things will unfortunately be missed as they have to focus on real life before worrying about this forum. That's why it's best to take a break from this online stuff when things start getting to you.

Blaze

BRAVES AND DAWGS ARE CHAMPS!!
Magnethead @nascarwoman why is some repeatedly demeaning behavior from certain posters here completely tolerated? It really puts a damper on the whole forum just FYI
Tbh sometimes I would say the place is to over moderated. Stuff gets deleted all the time that honestly shouldn’t. But yeah some members do get away with way more than others.

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
I'm pretty sure there are a couple of others. But have no clue who they are --- apparently they want to be anonymous.

I had to back away from the job after 20+ years. Got tired of trying to change keyboard warriors' behavior. Reminded me too much of teaching 7th graders. :D

cheesepuffs

F you and see ya tomorrow
Tbh sometimes I would say the place is to over moderated. Stuff gets deleted all the time that honestly shouldn’t. But yeah some members do get away with way more than others.
I've had posts of mine edited without explanation for curse words (that were censored anyway) but then I see curse words, some of which don't even get filtered by the censor, in other posts that are for some reason allowed to remain.

Blaze

I've had posts of mine edited without explanation for curse words (that were censored anyway) but then I see curse words, some of which don't even get filtered by the censor, in other posts that are for some reason allowed to remain.
damn, yeah pretty much what I mean. Some folks can surely get away with things here. Then others are almost under a microscope it seems.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I think it’s because mods can’t be everywhere all the time. Not everything is seen.
I try to keep it in the podium but sometimes it’s difficult.
I do appreciate the staff here and I appreciate the forum. That’s why I contribute financially.

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
I would be an internet moderator if I was allowed to send an internet really painful electronic shock to the trolls (and to the people that offended me...... plus anyone that has stupid taste......., may think of some others later)

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
I hope I'm not on the list. Sometimes my taste is a bit questionable. I do like Tangerine Dream and Brooks and Dunn. ROTFL
Brooks and Dunn is great, don't know anything about Tangerine Dream but B&D would allow for at least one mistake if needed on TD

acmerocket

Team Owner
i dont know why people just dont use the ignor or block buttom, i sometimes look at a new thread and the first 5 people have been blocked my me and i know its a waste of time to keep reading and when every one is blacked i will find something else to do easy,right???:owquitit::dirtbike:

Blaze

I think we are a lot more work sometimes than people realize.
I mod on another forum, but it’s a bit more laid back than this one, and the members ain’t as wild as here. But we also got like a lot more staff also, so that probably helps.

Even then we sometimes do have problems so I’m sure for them here with very little help it’s not as easy sure.

I know I’m not easy to deal with 😂before anyone says so.

Daytripper

Team Owner
I mod on another forum, but it’s a bit more laid back than this one, and the members ain’t as wild as here. But we also got like a lot more staff also, so that probably helps.

Even then we sometimes do have problems so I’m sure for them here with very little help it’s not as easy sure.

I know I’m not easy to deal with 😂before anyone says so.
This forum is wild? Seems to me to be one of the tamer ones i frequent. It's the internet, some people just need thicker skin.

9050lx

Tire changer
I would be an internet moderator if I was allowed to send an internet really painful electronic shock to the trolls (and to the people that offended me...... plus anyone that has stupid taste......., may think of some others later)
Great, theyre'll be five posters left.

jaqua19

Team Owner
damn, yeah pretty much what I mean. Some folks can surely get away with things here. Then others are almost under a microscope it seems.
That's society. The internet is still a microcosm. Folks who are well liked, get along with others, and contribute to a community will always be favored.

Moderating a forum doesn't pay, doesn't reflect much authority, and frankly isn't a priority of the mods themselves, biases are gonna show up. It's just the nature of the beast.

This forum polices itself pretty well and people tend to get along for the most part. That said, I do think moderator privs should be reserved for folks who are active, and have relationships and respect amongst the community. Voting for forum mods could be pretty fun

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
That's society. The internet is still a microcosm. Folks who are well liked, get along with others, and contribute to a community will always be favored.

Moderating a forum doesn't pay, doesn't reflect much authority, and frankly isn't a priority of the mods themselves, biases are gonna show up. It's just the nature of the beast.

This forum polices itself pretty well and people tend to get along for the most part. That said, I do think moderator privs should be reserved for folks who are active, and have relationships and respect amongst the community. Voting for forum mods could be pretty fun

You guys would vote for me, right? 🤔

jaqua19

Team Owner
skoal bandit 33 wanted to be a moderator, but he failed the moderator test, couldn't remember his login information for that day.
I enjoyed the hell out of that dude from that particular account. Found out way later that he was a troll, with multiple accounts or something?

That's nuts.

Top Bottom