Who moderates this forum?

jaqua19

Team Owner
You guys would vote for me, right?
Bobby, sometimes I can't tell if there are two people posting from your account XD.

One day you're super respectful and well spoken like this...other days your full on clowning/baiting/NASCAR death bedder.

Organized Chaos. #IVoted4BobbyFord

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blaze

#ForTheA
This forum is wild? Seems to me to be one of the tamer ones i frequent. It's the internet, some people just need thicker skin.
I mean I call it how I see it. I myself ain’t innocent. I get heated over racing sometime lol. I didn’t even mean it in a bad way.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Bobby, sometimes I can't tell if there are two people posting from your account XD.

One day you're super respectful and well spoken like this...other days your full on clowning/baiting/NASCAR death bedder.

Organized Chaos. #IVoted4BobbyFord

I’m known for being impartial. 😇

jaqua19

Team Owner
I've said it before...this is one of the most chill forums I've ever been part of.

No moderation usually means bad news. But here, it's just a community of people with enough respect to keep things cordial. The occasional troublesome/unruly poster generally is ignored.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I've said it before...this is one of the most chill forums I've ever been part of.

No moderation usually means bad news. But here, it's just a community of people with enough respect to keep things cordial. The occasional troublesome/unruly poster generally is ignored.

…and with any community you’re going to have people that flat out don’t like each other. We have that here and that’s why we require moderation.
🙂

Cholo

Team Owner
Anyone that thinks this forum needs more moderation isn't an SEC fan. Go over to some of those boards it's the wild west.

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
I wouldn’t want to spend my time moderating guys like me. 😇
1662040980385.png

jaqua19

Team Owner
Totally agree. This place is more sifting through rude and condescending comments then it is actual NASCAR related discussion at this point.
I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. Do you post on other forums? I know myself and others have mentioned we use other forums as well.

Racing-forums is tame, and there's LOADS of NASCAR discussion. You can't let 3 or 4 posters ruin your expeirence here. Just use the block feature dude.

There's productive NASCAR related discussion here in multiple threads...daily.

Daytripper

Team Owner
A Forum should be tame. That's what Adults do... Why participate in a Forum that is derogatory, hateful and mean. ?
It's the internet, not real life. If you take the internet personally, that's the problem.

Daytripper

Team Owner
You weren't here for the old days... It's just recycled crap with newer garbage men...
I actually feel bad for the internet tough guys, they probably are the opposite in real life and get bullied so they try to be tough online where it's safe. Regardless, it's going to happen so you gotta either not let them bother you or be bothered or stop reading. To me not letting them bother me is the best option.

Jorge De Guzman

2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. Do you post on other forums? I know myself and others have mentioned we use other forums as well.

Racing-forums is tame, and there's LOADS of NASCAR discussion. You can't let 3 or 4 posters ruin your expeirence here. Just use the block feature dude.

Eh theres still some rude and condescending comments here. I've been guilty of it myself. Still better here than Reddit or heavens forbid a Facebook comment section.

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
Eh theres still some rude and condescending comments here. I've been guilty of it myself. Still better here than Reddit or heavens forbid a Facebook comment section.
I just try to stay patient and humble as I discuss the different topics on the forum. I know it would be an incredibly rare thing for anyone to match my intellect, kindness, compassion, and humility.
As someone who cares the most for others, my compassion and humilty prevents me from torturing people with an impossible standard that exceeds their capabilities.

Never condescend just keep on doing everything right, wonderfully, the way it should be done.

cheesepuffs

F you and see ya tomorrow

The three or four problem posters absolutely dominate the conversations here, by volume. That's the problem.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Maybe I have a blind eye to it. But the snark, imo, is just that. Snark.

I dont feel it creates a toxic environment, however.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I don’t do Reddit or farcebook, so I’m not familiar with the banter or moderation there.
I think RF is a great forum. Well moderated. There are people here that don’t like each other and I feel the mods do a good job of picking up our garbage. Not everyone is going to get along.

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Fury and I rarely get on. We both have super intensive day jobs, and we're here to keep the lights on more than anything else.

We do get a giant red exclamation mark at the top of all pages when there are reported posts in queue. So yes, we see every post that is reported. But sometimes action happens, sometimes it doesn't. That is a per-moderator thing. I'm definitely more relaxed in moderating, but there's hard lines that I'm firm about tossing out.

Truex_rox

Wannabe racecar driver.
I find RF to be a chill place. Anyone who thinks it’s crazy here should’ve seen the recent Facebook thread on Kurt Busch “stepping aside just because he’s in a Yoter and it’ll give MTJ the spot!! Big ole Yoter hoax!!” Better yet, y’all oughtta hop in on the FB F1 Fans group that I’m starting to taint with my memeage since it would otherwise be “Max vs. Lewis: Armageddon” or “I’m tired of Max vs. Lewis, stop it or I’ll leave” threads. 😂

Brentford

Team Owner
I'm actually a lot nicer and calmer on here than I am in person, probably because I'm here talking about my passion. I mean, I'm not a tough guy or a bully, quite frankly because I'm a small guy and would lose every fight I'd get myself into. Mostly, I'm just negative and everything annoys me. I blame my retail job for that.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I find RF to be a chill place. Anyone who thinks it’s crazy here should’ve seen the recent Facebook thread on Kurt Busch “stepping aside just because he’s in a Yoter and it’ll give MTJ the spot!! Big ole Yoter hoax!!” Better yet, y’all oughtta hop in on the FB F1 Fans group that I’m starting to taint with my memeage since it would otherwise be “Max vs. Lewis: Armageddon” or “I’m tired of Max vs. Lewis, stop it or I’ll leave” threads. 😂
I think those places are infected with bots. They say the same crap over and over

Formerjackman

Team Owner
Magnethead @nascarwoman why is some repeatedly demeaning behavior from certain posters here completely tolerated? It really puts a damper on the whole forum just FYI
I have been asking that question ever since I came here. I've yet to get a satisfactory answer on why certain people are completely immune from reprimand. I like participating in this forum, but honestly I don't think the moderators could do a worse job sometimes.

Pat

Team Owner
I don't join the Podium because I know politics is brutal. This side does not seem so bad to me, but then I came from the cesspool called That's Racin' Here some posts are just annoying to me after seeing the real hell fire.

LewTheShoe

Seeking Skill-based Meritocracy... More HP Less DF
We do get a giant red exclamation mark at the top of all pages when there are reported posts in queue. So yes, we see every post that is reported. But sometimes action happens, sometimes it doesn't....
I don't know how feasible it is, but the one thing I would ask is this... when a post gets edited or deleted, inform the author of that post. Because often the guy that stepped over the line doesn't even know the post was moderated, so he can't "learn" what's verboten and what's okay.

I'm sure I've had posts deleted that I never even knew they got canned.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I think we all already know what is and isn’t acceptable. Notifying the individuals of their respective deleted posts would be an extra, unnecessary burden on the mod staff.

Top Bottom