stridsberry

I'll start this out. I was impressed with:

All three DEI cars in the top 10
Joe Nemechek in 9th, the highest Hendrick car
Casey Mears being the highest rookie, in 15th
Jimmy Spencer running in the top 10, before a late fade

Who else?

Obviously, the DEI guys....

Terry had a pretty good day. Glad to see him up there some. Also Spencer and Mears had a good day.

Jimmie Johnson. It was nice to see some righteous indignation come fuming out of him. A little fire like that can take a man a long way. Ask Tony Stewart where it took him last year. :dual9mm:

Steve going from 39th to 10th impressed and pleasantly surprised me....Newman comin from 2 down was impressive as well...Kenseth surprised me with how he just took off from everybody at the end(good team work all day there).......even tho kenseth walked away with it, I thought it was competitive compared to early races there...

DEI of course, but I'm really impressed with how well Jimmy Spencer has ran all year. He looks awfully confident in that 7 car.

It looked like BLabs was in trouble all day after the start, but they rallied back!!! Way to go Fat Back & Bobby!

Ryan Newman. Another 100 miles, and we might have a different winner.

Jimmy Spencer. Good for him.

Casey Mears, good run.

And as to Park....good thing DJ was there to keep him out of another wall. Putz.

Terry Labonte which was good to see, and Steve Park surprised me.......

Bobby had a great day and I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Ryan was very impressive with his comeback from 2 laps down.

Stewart was great driving a tore up race car to a top 5 finish.

Terry with a completely unnoticed(by FOX at least) 16th place finish.

Really surprised with Park. I didn't get to see the end of the race but saw the finishing results on the net and thought it was a typo. :lol: Good day for DEI, and it wasn't even a RP race!! :p

I was impressed with Bobby Labonte and Jeff Burton. They both ran well and was only out of the top ten for a short while. Both had great finishes!

Johnson - should have had another top 10 today

Nemecheck - did well

Ryan newman - came back from 2 laps down and got a top 10

Terry - had a good run today

Tony - did not let the tire rub affect his day

Waltrip and Jr = Surprised me, but didn't impress me much with there cars they should be putting up numbers like this more often

Park- looked to me like he made a mistake and messed up djs day, did not impress me much

Ryan Newman coming back from 2 laps down
The Dewalt Pit Crew 13.6 SECOND PIT STOP-----------AWESOME
Michael Waltrip
Dale Jarret being honest and saying he was pissed off.

And Michael McSwain & Bobby Labonte for doing a great job and gelling so good so quickly.

Michael Waltrip, of course! Looks like he might win somewhere other than Daytona this year. Then I wonder what critics will try to come up with next.

Also have to give a call to Tony Raines. Considering the car was completely white and devoid of any major sponsor, he ran a clean race and brought it home 24th. Good job Tony.

The DEI guys!!
Mikey is the new points leader!!! :bounce:

Real disappointment was Kyle what the heck was his problem yesterday!!!

Going a slightly different tack here.

While everyone mentioned here could be praised, did any of them do something that one would confidently state was completely unexpected by say 50% or more of the race fans? Or, with the exception of Matt, achieve exactly what they set out to do? How about doing both of those things.

So my surprises of the race are Hideo Fukuyama and Derrick Cope!

Both of them achieved exactly what they set out to in the race. They stayed out of trouble, they ran all day long, they finished the race, gained some valuable owner points, and last, but not least, earned themselves a respectable little check.

Since it appeared from what I read both here and around the net, most fans thought it a question of when these two would drop out of the race not an if, I take some perverse pleasure in them proving those folks wrong and pointing that out to them!

:nyanya:

I just wonder how long it is going to take before either one of them finishes a race on the lead lap. ^_^

I think Cope has a good little team in the works!! If he can get a full time sponsor(how many races is he running) and runs all the races he could become a good team. not a winning team but a good team that could finish on the lead lap and could battle for top 20s.
Tony Rains did a good job as well!!
Heido seems to not put the pedal all the way down or something. Todd has no problem with speed in his car but Heido just seems to get lapped every 20 laps or so. I know he is just needeing seat time but from what i have read they have tested many times plus now he has 3 race sunder his belt in a current cup car. he should be running just a little bit harder.

I was glad to see hism stay out of trouble and finish, I just hope he can start runnign better!!

When you're right, you're right. Should have put Tony in.

Raines did a good job yesterday as did Larry Carter and the entire Bill Baumgardner team. For what its worth, Tony is now ahead of fellow rookies, Greg Biffle and Larry Foyt in what I think is a less well financed team.

Nascat22 and I see eye to eye on this one. Both J. Burton and Labonte ran good smart races, their teams stepped up and the group effort made a big difference by the end of the race.

Kel

Back
Top Bottom