Who Will Replace Jr in the 88/25 Car?

S

Skoalbandit33

Hopefully HMS will reclaim the #25 but who will drive the car? With Chase Elliott taking his time in getting his first win and Kasey Kahne not doing much it is imperative that HMS gets someone who can get with the program quickly and not leave all the heavy lifting to the 48 team. Carl Edwards to the 88/25!!!

Is Carl's contract obligations done at the end of this season? HMS has a couple of young drivers in the system and I think his replacement last year will be happy to fill in.
As we know it is all up to the sponsor.

Hopefully HMS will reclaim the #25 but who will drive the car? With Chase Elliott taking his time in getting his first win and Kasey Kahne not doing much it is imperative that HMS gets someone who can get with the program quickly and not leave all the heavy lifting to the 48 team. Carl Edwards to the 88/25!!!
I'd like to see Carl come back and take over that ride. At times I thought he was an ahole but he seems to have moved away from the role. Sure, throw him into the seat.

Bowman will not bring the sponsor dollars, end of story!

Bowman for sure, he's the only Hendrick/Chevy affiliated driver that deserves it..

Hopefully Bowman, but I think William Byron has a better chance.

2 other names that came to my mind were Larson and Erik Jones.

Getting Larson would be a real coup but IDK how long he is under contract with CGR for. IDK how long Toyota has Jones tied up for but he may not be the type of personality Rick Hendrick wants driving for him anyway.

It should go to Bowman. Who knows who will get it though...

Put Bowman in the 5 car in 2019 when KK is out. HMS needs a wheelman not a rookie, has been or never was.
So who do you suggest? I don't know why people can't accept that Edwards is gone, gone, gone. Larson is leading the points where he is, and Jones and Blaney are affiliated with teams at least as good as Hendrick. Why should they jump ship? The sponsors were happy enough with Bowman on an interim basis. Besides, in this day of shrinking sponsor dollars, Bowman will cost a lot less than any of those others.

Biffle for a year!! JK

Carl would be awesome, but I can't see it happening

So who do you suggest? I don't know why people can't accept that Edwards is gone, gone, gone. Larson is leading the points where he is, and Jones and Blaney are affiliated with teams at least as good as Hendrick. Why should they jump ship? The sponsors were happy enough with Bowman on an interim basis.

I had my tongue in cheek with Edwards as I believe he is finished with Nascar racing. I don't really have anyone to suggest because I don't follow any racing series other than cup so I don't know who are up and comers that might be available. I also don't know what current cup drivers would be available to takeover the 88 and 5 seats as they both need upgrades regardless.

I had my tongue in cheek with Edwards as I believe he is finished with Nascar racing. I don't really have anyone to suggest because I don't follow any racing series other than cup so I don't know who are up and comers that might be available. I also don't know what current cup drivers would be available to takeover the 88 and 5 seats as they both need upgrades regardless.
Edwards and Earnhardt Jr. to the #5 ... in IMSA. :p

Hopefully Bowman, but I think William Byron has a better chance.

2 other names that came to my mind were Larson and Erik Jones.
Jones is tied to JRG. SHR tried to get Larson instead of Bowyer. If Larson becomes available, I can see Stewart going hard after him.

Both Larson and McMurray are free agents at the end of this year.... maybe Rick will unload a dump truck full of money on Larson's doorstep that Chip just can't match.
Every HMS sponsor is seeing this as an opportunity to reduce their spending. Hendrick will only get less money for anyone who isn't 'NASCAR's Most Popular Driver'. That dump truck will be more like a Silverado.

If Jimmie retires, I think HMS goes to a three car team.

Alex Bowman or William Byron are next in line.

Dammit, stop talking about Jimmie retiring. :( I want him to win at least one more Championship before he retires.

Gordon started the trend, they are going to fall off one by one eventually.

I hate it as well you know? I've grown up watching a lot these older heads.

Both Larson and McMurray are free agents at the end of this year.... maybe Rick will unload a dump truck full of money on Larson's doorstep that Chip just can't match.

That would be good as Larson could come in and win some races, hopefully Elliott is doing so by the second half of this year and then Byron goes to the 5 in 2019. By that time it will be time to start looking for a new driver for the 48.

Jones is tied to JRG. SHR tried to get Larson instead of Bowyer. If Larson becomes available, I can see Stewart going hard after him.

As far as I know SHR has one fully sponsored car (Harvick) and Gene Haas is primarily funding the 14 and 41 and may have to sponsor Princess Sparkle Pony a few times. It is possible SHR could be down to 3 full time cars next year with with less than half properly sponsored. If SHR goes after Larson which current driver gets bounced?

It will be Bowman, or a veteran stopgap.

Byron isn't ready. There aren't any other young options. Larson isn't leaving Chip. Jones isn't leaving JGR. Blaney might be available but I doubt Roger let's him go right as he's about to break out.

Gordon started the trend, they are going to fall off one by one eventually.

I hate it as well you know? I've grown up watching a lot these older heads.

All these young whipper-snappers.... :p

Every HMS sponsor is seeing this as an opportunity to reduce their spending. Hendrick will only get less money for anyone who isn't 'NASCAR's Most Popular Driver'. That dump truck will be more like a Silverado.

The Silverado will look mighty fine compared to the Tonka toy that many other teams will be using. Nascar is in the midst of a very large market correction in all areas but broadcast revenue and when the current contract is up Nascar Races may be taped delayed and shown on OWN.

With all due respect to Alex Bowman and William Byron I just don't see Hendrick putting them in this car. I think it needs to be a big name driver with a large following and great sponsorship opportunities. And if none are available then lets get a campaign for Matt Guido DiBenedetto.

I would actually like to see that. See what JE would do with decent equipment. If he did well it would be another generation of Earnhardt to cheer for.

I was actually kidding. Have you seen Jeffery Earnhardt's driving? Hendrick shouldn't waste a seat on him.

Back
Top Bottom