Who would you like to see in the 28 car next year?

i wouldnt like to see elliot sadler in it i dont know ill get back to you on that

Just curious, but why are so many fans down on Sadler? He's talented, personable, and "a hottie" (I suppose) if that matters. I met the guy once...very nice man. I don't get it. Elliot Sadler seems to have the whole racing world down on him, while Steve Park has folks all excited. IMO, Sadler can (and has) drive rings around Park. What gives?

i agree that sadler is a great guy and a cutie but that doesnt win races babe, i dont know how he could ever feel the shoes that rudd left thats why i dont think he deserves the ride

I actually meant Sadler for the 28 and Riggs for the 21. I thought the Sadler/28 thing was almost a done deal.

Originally posted by ghettozoe03
i agree that sadler is a great guy and a cutie but that doesnt win races babe, i dont know how he could ever feel the shoes that rudd left thats why i dont think he deserves the ride

So, using that logic, no one would ever move up to a better car? Actually, your logic would eliminate Kevin Harvick, and I can get behind that in a nanosecond.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Just curious, but why are so many fans down on Sadler?  He's talented, personable, and "a hottie" (I suppose) if that matters.  I met the guy once...very nice man.  I don't get it.  Elliot Sadler seems to have the whole racing world down on him, while Steve Park has folks all excited.  IMO, Sadler can (and has) drive rings around Park.  What gives?

Let me turn the question around on you. What has Sadler done that Park hasn't? Sadler lucked his way into a fule milege win at Bristol. Park outran Bobby L and others to win at the Rock and outran Martin at Watkins Glen. It is a shame what happened to Park, and I don't think he's 100%, but before the accident he was in the top ten in points and I think he finished like 11th the yr before and 14th the yr before that. In the same time span Sadler's finished 20th, 29th, and 24th. I like Sadler. Seems like a great guy, but he hasn't really impressed me. No more than Park, that's for sure.

With that said, I think he would be fine in the 28. Not sure he could put Rudd-like #'s, but I think he would be 8th-15th kinda finisher.

If anyone has seen something OFFICIAL about Rudd leaving, please say so and indicate the source. Then we can discuss who will drive the 28.

I think ricky needs to poop or get off the pot.

Yea......i think ol Elliot Sadler would do great with RYR , and ol Fatback could help th boy out big time........hell th whole crew would be a good deal!
Now what's this about Park and Bill Davis confirmed last week that Hut Stricklin won't return to the #23 Dodge next year. (Neither will Hills Brothers Coffee, by the way). On Sunday, the long-time team owner said Steve Park will replace Stricklin in the stable that also includes Ward Burton, also hearing Tom Hubert will drive the #23 Hills Bros Dodge at Watkins Glen.:confused:

Well, follow18, I'll be very blunt. Elliott has kept himself out of the wall. He is able to drive inside the wall. I also submit that, according to all these other folks around here, DEI is EXCEPTIONAL, SUPERIOR equipment to the Woods. Finest available to listen to some. I know for a fact that, were I a team owner, I'd take Sadler over Park, Harvick, Waltrip, even Junior. Many others as well. Facts is facts - Park has concretitis. I still say put Sadler in a top 10 car and watch him go.

I'll be be honest, if I had to pick between Park and Sadler right now, I'd go with Sadler.
But before accident, I would go with Park in a heartbeat. 14th in points as a single car team in 1999. And we also need to remember that the wreck that probably ruined his career was a freak accident, not a result of poor or wreckless driving.
Like I said, I like Sadler, and I think he'd do OK in the 28 if he ends up there.

Originally posted by kat2220
If anyone has seen something OFFICIAL about Rudd leaving, please say so and indicate the source. Then we can discuss who will drive the 28.

I think ricky needs to poop or get off the pot.

HELLLLLOOOOOO, anything OFICIAL yet???

Nothing official yet.

Rudd says he will be ready to announce his postion either at Indy or immediately the following week. Take that to mean that lawyers are in the process of dotting i's and crossing t's.

I think a good choice would be some almost unknown touring series or local shortie standout.

More than a few of the top notch teams are using this approach and from the looks of the points standings, it works real well.

Besides, the new kids are still in "no fear" mode and race like they are in stolen cars.:D

Well when the race like their in stolen cars, There gonna do well, and their gonna wreck a bunch. But eventually the good finishes will prevail over the wrecks, and thats what these teams are looking for. Or just look at Jimmie Johnson:)

IF ricky leaves the car I think elliot shoulde get it he has the experience that the busch drivers dont have put rigs in elliots old car

Rudd was in a bad slump,due to trying to compete as a car owner--driver in the late 90s.It just goes to show what good equipment can do for profesional race car driver of any worth at all.You could put Todd Bodine in the 28.and Todd would have the best year of his life,Ok that is pushing the limit a little.Rudd has more than a driving job on his mind.Think real hard,and I bet you can figure out the whole puzzle. :)

Originally posted by smack500
IF ricky leaves the car I think elliot shoulde get  it he has the experience that the busch drivers dont have put rigs in elliots old car

Sounds good to me, But I would bet that Riggs has already got other teams calling him up. Lets face it the brothers arent what the used to be.

I think Sadler will go to the 28 if Rudd is leaving, and if Rudd leaves Havoline will not have much of a choice than to follow.

As far as the #21, come on, put Morgan Shepherd back in, why not. I think it would be too fast a move for Scott Riggs, and hard for that #10 Nesquik Ford losing another driver b/c they provide them with good equipment.

About 40 miles from Bakersfield (Harvick's hometown). It is in the mountains. Its pretty funny to hear people try to say it, let alone spell it!

COME ON PEOPLE, it is after all SILLY SEASON.

Nothing official, so I will not say another word on this subject.:p

Ya I was just funnin with it 66,I move a lot of wine out of n.calif.I have never been north of The Ontario area.I bet it's nice in them Mountains though.I pull Oranges out for Sunkist also.

Originally posted by pbunch
Ya I was just funnin with it 66,I move a lot of wine out of n.calif.I have never been north of The Ontario area.I bet it's nice in them Mountains though.I pull Oranges out for Sunkist also.

pb gettin silly on that 12

I like Sadler in the #28 assuming Rudd is actually gone.I don't know about the Park vs.Sadler comparison.The main difference,I think,is that Steve Hmeil and Co.gave Steve more oppurtunities than Sadler had with the Wood Bros.

But the topic is who would I like to see in the #28...not who I think is going to end up there.That being the case nobody out there could give that car a run like ol' Tony Stewart could!The number 28 and Stewart would be a very potent combination!!

Back
Top Bottom