No question avaiable to import.

• Casey Atwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy Mayfield

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
R

rpmallen

I hate to compare drivers, but considering Atwood qualified 12th in what is essentially a back-up car and Jeremy Mayfield qualified 31st in a car that was prepared for this track, I just have to wonder.

I like Mayfield, but I think we would have seen a lot better results in that team if Atwood was still driving it.

What does everyone else think?

Casey was never given the chance, just look at what Ryan Newman has done in Mayfields old car and team. Then look what hes done in the 19 car. That should speak for itself.

Atwood, he shouldn't have been kicked out of the #19 in the first place.

i can't even pick, not from their results anyways.....but I do think that casey never got the chance he deserved and Ray was to hasty grabbin Mayfield and pushin casey aside...

Mayfield will get fired next year. Evernham will regret the day he got rid of Atwood.

it is pretty bad that casaey moved to the 7 car which wasnt even up to "par then got kicked out of that one, man one lucky car owner with non-junk equip will not be sorry if they pick him up.

I think Mayfield is an excellent driver, I just don't think he's in the right ride. The chemistry just doesn't seem to be there. I think that was mostly Evernham's fault, I think team members where as shocked about Casey Atwood's move as fans were.

I think both Casry and Jeremy are good drivers, but I don't think Casey was given a fair chance. He needed more time. Jeremy can drive, but I don't think he is championship material. Evernham may have been to hasty in taking Mayfield and getting rid of Atwood. IMO

Mayfield easily. Casey simply doesn't have what it takes to even be competitive at the Cup level

Going with 71fan on this one.........Casey moved up to Cup way too early. Can't blame the kid for jumping at a chance to run Winston Cup......just the ride should never have been offered to him until he got a little maturity and experience under his belt. Casey is a good driver.......just not Cup material yet! So, my vote was for Jeremy.:)

Actually to choose Mayfield the better driver over Atwood isn't saying much. They both need to go back to a lower series.

Originally posted by 66mustang
Actually to choose Mayfield the better driver over Atwood isn't saying much.  They both need to go back to a lower series.

But those were our only choices.:)

Besides, my wife likes that octane 93 commercial........that counts for something!!:D

Casey and his crew were just starting to gel last year. Casey had the field covered at Phoenix until he blew a tire and he was stout at Homestead. They were geting to know each other. Mayfield hasn't impressed to many people and his biggest claim to fame was punting Dale Sr outta the way while going to victory at Pocono.

I had to vote for Casey only because I think that Casey has accomplished more earlier in his career than Jeremy has. I too tend to feel that Casey moved up to Cup too soon and this week when I heard Clarence Brewer stated he would really like to have Casey back in Busch I was hoping that Casey would go that route. I think that Ray is to blame if Casey washes out before he scores a win with any Cup team. Ray should have been more patient, utilized BGN for longer to develop skills and get track time and then brought him up. I dont fault Casey at all for making the decisions that he did....what driver wouldn't, that was a very attractive gift horse that Ray presented him with.

Kel

Casey will win a lot of Cup races. Of that, I have no doubt. Maybe not a Cup, but I think he has that kind of talent. It will depend on the ride of course. I can think of a dozen drivers who have the talent to win a cup with the right equipment.

It looks like most of us think Casey is better. We will just have to see this weekend if Casey really does drive better than jermey.

Originally posted by Ciggie
Atwood, he shouldn't have been kicked out of the #19 in the first place.

I agree. That was a dumb move.

casey was much better than mayfly ever was.
last year, casey was starting to get his stuff toghter and then rayray shoved him in a car that made the #25 look like one of jeffys cars.
that was a stupid move by ray by hiring a experianced"never was" and demoting & firing a rookie that barly had any other racing experiance.
if i say so myself, casey didn't do to bad for his first season.

Ray Evernham never gave Casey a full chance to drive the " good car ." It was the first year of Dodge and Atwood was a rookie....... he almost won the last race of the year.........but then all of a sudden Ray puts him in the the peice of crap car..... and gives Jeremy Mayfield the good car..... and Mayfield still sucks. Atwood will do better in his career with a DIFFERENT team.

Looking at atwood's side of it , he was just starting to gel with that team and then boom got the axe.
looking at mayfield's side of it , he lost the gel he had with penske team and still is not doing very well with ray's team.
yea he has won a few but my vote goes to atwood.

I am going with Mayfield because he has some winners trophies at his house from cup and Casey doesn't.

Casey was comming on pretty good last half of last year. Given the right equptment I beliv he could run circles around Mayfield. Gotta remember last year was Casey's rookie year.

Back
Top Bottom