Why did dale Jrs steering wheel come off?

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
wheel.PNG

Dale did not get the wheel past the second notch in the steering column after he pitted from the first wreck.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.
‏@DaleJr
May 2
My steering wheel came off during a caution yesterday. I take full responsibility for not making sure it was connected properly beforehand..

Dale Earnhardt Jr.
‏@DaleJr
May 2
My steering wheel came off during a caution yesterday. I take full responsibility for not making sure it was connected properly beforehand..

I had seen the tweet, but It is interesting to see the nut and what not...I have to say thanks for the tweets you post Pat

Reactions: Pat
Mercifully, I missed it but apparently Twittah lit up for hours demanding THAT SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS!!!

Jr didn't go to steering wheel college, wow I had no ideal!

I had seen the tweet, but It is interesting to see the nut and what not...I have to say thanks for the tweets you post Pat

Yes the close up of the steering mechanism is interesting. Seems like locking it in would be natural by now but oh well. Glad you like the tweets. I enjoy finding them.

dale jr explained that the car had been in the garage area getting fixed between that frantic process and getting in and out of the car it took him off his normal routine. I could see that happening. Its really simple how it works I think a driver will only make that mistake once in their driving career.

Reactions: Pat
You really need to find the right way to use it and you'd find out that it is a great tool and source of information. But..... It is only as good as you set it up to be.
I willingly admit I haven't figured out how to configure it effectively, especially who to follow.

On the other hand, I don't feel a need to learn everything as it happens. Anything critical in the world of racing will eventually show up on Jayski or here. Anything critical outside this arena will show up on PBS news or the morning paper.

Twitter was fun before it became a cesspool of basement living keyboard warriors.

Back to the subject of why the steering wheel came off:.....

Because the driver wasn't paying attention when he put it on is the real answer..
So HMS changed all the mounts to try and eliminate driver error.

Back to the subject of why the steering wheel came off:.....

Because the driver wasn't paying attention when he put it on is the real answer..
So HMS changed all the mounts to try and eliminate driver error.
Dale JR is not Nascar Jesus

Back
Top Bottom