Why do people still pay to go see this idiot.

Louisville slugger meet idiots knee's. See how he likes that crap.

LOL. You must stand and worship your Lord and Master before he will perform for you peasants. :XXROFL:

21 Grammy Awards, 53 Grammy Nominations. He's one of the greatest Rap artists of all time.
I don't listen to Kanye's music so I don't really have an opinion one way or another on that. He may very well be one of the greatest rappers of all time. That being said, I personally don't consider the Grammys or any other award to be an objective metric of how good a particular artist is. Musical taste is purely a matter of opinion.

I like some of his music but he really can be quite a moron. A Concert for Hurricane Relief was one of the most cringe-inducing things I've ever seen.

I don't listen to Kanye's music so I don't really have an opinion one way or another on that. He may very well be one of the greatest rappers of all time. That being said, I personally don't consider the Grammys or any other award to be an objective metric of how good a particular artist is. Musical taste is purely a matter of opinion.

Well said.

Three 6 Mafia has an Oscar for their song in Hustle and Flow so I guess they're better than Say..Leonardo Dicaprio because they have one and he doesn't.

I haven't listened to rap music since I've been out of high school and I dont miss it. Hip Hop, rap is just garbage these days.

Well said.

Three 6 Mafia has an Oscar for their song in Hustle and Flow so I guess they're better than Say..Leonardo Dicaprio because they have one and he doesn't.

I haven't listened to rap music since I've been out of high school and I dont miss it. Hip Hop, rap is just garbage these days.
Yeah, I feel you on that one, man. I used to be into West Coast gangsta rap like Snoop and Dr. Dre, Tupac, N.W.A., etc. I slowly fell out of it as I went through college. I'm 29 now, and these days I pretty much never listen to it. A couple of years ago, I got into Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (their older stuff) for a little while, but I don't even listen to them anymore.

I'm a metalhead now, but lately I've found myself listening to ambient/experimental electronic stuff.

Agreed. I don't need the Grammy's, the VMA's, or the 837 annual country music awards shows to tell me which music is good and which music is bad.

Yeah, I feel you on that one, man. I used to be into West Coast gangsta rap like Snoop and Dr. Dre, Tupac, N.W.A., etc. I slowly fell out of it as I went through college. I'm 29 now, and these days I pretty much never listen to it. A couple of years ago, I got into Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (their older stuff) for a little while, but I don't even listen to them anymore.

I'm a metalhead now, but lately I've found myself listening to ambient/experimental electronic stuff.

You just described me right there to what I listened to and what I listen to now. Must be the age! lol

Alright, I'll budge.

Kanye West was a fantastic artist. This man came into rap with three of the best consecutive releases in my time of living. College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation. I own all three and I still have Late Registration on my phone. He did not become a ****y and arrogant guy until I'd say he wanted to win a BET award for "Best Gospel song of the year" nomination and he lost it afterwards. I've been a fan of Kanye for years, but he's a douche to say the least. I still support him, but honestly as I've gotten older he has become quite a silly man.

My Dark and Twisted Fantasy was great, but I'd say Yeezus is probably one of the most mediocre albums he has ever released. People posting Run DMC, Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five, SugarHill Gang, Beastie Boys, and all of the older material. I understand, but times have changed and me being well now 21 I have seen things come and go. With this whole generation... I've grown up in the South and musical tastes are different.

We listened to Lil Wayne (Listen to his older material), Juvenile, Ludacris, Big Tymers, Trick Daddy, BG, Bubba Sparxx, Haystak, Master P (Pre 2001), TI, Scarface, Geto Boys, and others. Remember, we all are raised up differently. I listen to a lot of experimental/beatstrumentals. I'm big on the Los Angeles beat scene, I love it. My liking of music is different to what it was 8 years ago because I've expanded my listening horizons.

Music is music. It all depends on the listeners.

@Kiante, I may not have the same personal taste in music as you, but I share your sentiment and respect your opinion. Everyone tends to value the stuff that they grew up listening to more than the stuff that other people grew up listening to. People love nostalgia. Just listen to what you like and ignore what you don't like. :)

@Reck, thanks to you, I've been listening to Public Enemy and Ice-T on YouTube all day. Ha ha. I never got into Ice-T during my gangsta rap phase. It's crazy, but since I didn't come up listening to him, I see him as the dude from Law and Order: SVU stepping up to the mic and making rap music. LOL.

21 Grammy Awards, 53 Grammy Nominations. He's one of the greatest Rap artists of all time.
That's good for you Andy but if you wanna get secrets outta me just lock me in a room with rap/hip-hop music for five minutes and I'll spill my guts, tell you **** you don't even wanna know.

Here's the mistake that Kanye and a lot of other young artists make: fame is fleeting, and your success relies heavily upon your popularity. Make some money and get some awards and start believing your own hype, and soon you can turn into a jerk. Then the public tires of you and you join the long list of the passé.

As you age your musical tastes will probably broaden, probably due to exposure. You may become embarrassed by what you used to like. Doesn’t matter… times and tastes change… always have and always will. You’ll notice that some “new” trends are actually repeats of old trends… just had to wait for a new generation to discover them. Enjoy the ride.

Thats complete bs. Awards are not a symbol of talent, especially the way the music industry is today. There are hundreds of kids with amazing talent that have beats on their computers, notebooks filled with lyrics, and years of riffs and drum beats on their instruments with nobody to listen to them. The industry doesnt give a **** about talent nowadays. Just look at our top 40 today compared to 20 or 30 years ago. The difference in musicuanship is astounding.

These award shows now are complete hogwash. For gods sake Lorde won at the VMAs for best rock... and you even commented about how it was the worst decade in music and now you praise kanye for winning the same awards?

Thats complete bs. Awards are not a symbol of talent, especially the way the music industry is today. There are hundreds of kids with amazing talent that have beats on their computers, notebooks filled with lyrics, and years of riffs and drum beats on their instruments with nobody to listen to them. The industry doesnt give a **** about talent nowadays. Just look at our top 40 today compared to 20 or 30 years ago. The difference in musicuanship is astounding.

These award shows now are complete hogwash. For gods sake Lorde won at the VMAs for best rock... and you even commented about how it was the worst decade in music and now you praise kanye for winning the same awards?

Kanye's been around for more than just the past four years. You might remember his remarks on MSNBC about Hurricane Katrina, in 2005, yes?

I haven't listened to any of his new stuff so I can't comment on that but, as far as his older stuff goes, Late Registration is one of my favorite albums. :idunno:

Back
Top Bottom