Why does Gil want back in CART....

O

onebadaxe

of course we all know the answer. Better cars, racing, competition, people. But why isn't is back yet. Contract? Another question why can't the IRL generate crowds at any races except for the 500?

Well as i understand Gil just signed a new contract with Penske to drive in the IRL for next season if he wanted to go back to CART he would not have signed the contract now would he.

PettyBenson is correct. Gil has renewed his contract with Penske. As has Helio.

Originally posted by onebadaxe
 Another question why can't the IRL generate crowds at any races except for the 500?
because everyone falls asleep during the first few hundred laps of an IRL race, and then gets pissed off when they sleep through a hell of a race in the last 5 laps

Am I wrong, or did the IRL have crowds in 2001? I notice empty seats this year. But the same goes for CART in the US. I would love to see a CART race someday. :jumping:
I also miss Gil and Helio in CART.:(

DeFerran and Helio had their contracts renewed by Penske - at his option. No open wheel driver in his right mind would opt for an IRL ride over one in CART. Turn right, young man! Turn Right!:p

CART crowds have dwarfed the IRL again this year. CART has outdrawn several MLB teams. And Mexico City will probably draw near 300,000 for the weekend.:satisfied

Yea great crowds; Chicago was sold out:p and how about that upcoming German race:p oh, and lets not forget how they took away the grandstands at Cleveland:p Get a grip look at how POOK got caught inflating the crowd numbers last month; even Robin Miller couldn't cover that one!!

Well, judging by the racing I've watched lately in the IRL, I'd say I wouldn't know why anyone would go to CART. All I've heard win CART lately is that Dimattia dude or whoever he is......not too competitive if the same guy is winning, whereas IRL has had at least 9 different winners this year.....just my opinion......personally I'd like them all try a hand in Sprint Cars for a season, granted the money isn't there but it would be interesting for me.

Originally posted by Racer2Drive
Yea great crowds; Chicago was sold out:p  and how about that upcoming German race:p  oh, and lets not forget how they took away the grandstands at Cleveland:p   Get a grip look at how POOK got caught inflating the crowd numbers last month; even Robin Miller couldn't cover that one!!

I see you forgot about the HUGE and RECORD crowds at Long Beach, Toronto, Vancouver, Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca, Monterrey Mexico, etc.

Oh, and please do not tell me that the IRL had 40,000 at Fontana when it was actually 20,000 or that any IRL race is a sellout when tickets are either packaged with NASCAR trucks or GIVEN away!

lol...

IMHO CART blows IRL so far out of the water it's not even funny. But I love watching both.

I'm just wondering if some people are watching the same races I am because I just don't see the "excitement" that's raved about in CART. At least in IRL I can keep awake and that's quite impressive because being a Dirt Track fan I'm used to the shorter races. Just my opinion. :)

Oh, and as far as "crowd counts" go.....who cares? Do you go to see the racing or the crowd? Just curious.

Originally posted by GimmeDirt4Life
Oh, and as far as "crowd counts" go.....who cares?  Do you go to see the racing or the crowd?  Just curious.

I only go to races to count the heads in the stands

Back
Top Bottom