Why would any team not cheat to get a win in first 26 races!

One win is all it takes to get in the Chase

Past history shows you get to keep the win
just lose some points
easier to make up points than wins
This is why my workplace fantasy league is not going to apply driver penalties next year. Why penalize ourselves when it doesn't affect the driver? Make the Chase and the driver's points are reset regardless of their regular season penalties; all is forgiven. The penalties hurt our league's players more than the actual drivers.

There's that little issue of tech inspection before the race. If it was so easy to just cheat your way to a win I'm sure we'd be seeing the Josh Wise's of the series in victory lane in no time. Instead, the only surprise winners of a full race this year were Larson and maybe Smoke. Tin-foil must be on sale at Walmart this week.

There's that little issue of tech inspection before the race. If it was so easy to just cheat your way to a win I'm sure we'd be seeing the Josh Wise's of the series in victory lane in no time. Instead, the only surprise winners of a full race this year were Larson and maybe Smoke. Tin-foil must be on sale at Walmart this week.
But the Josh Wises aren't in the top 30 in points:D

I didn't take it that it would be easy to cheat and get a win but that it would be worthwhile trying to cheat enough to give yourself an advantage in order to have a better shot at winning. Suggesting drivers like Josh Wise could win by cheating is completely daft of course but.......if someone like Matt Borland could give Ryan Newman one of his extra capacity fuel cells like they used together at Penske or Ray Evernham could give his stealthy traction control away to someone like JMc it could be just enough to push them to victory.

Any man who has ever been married knows that one of the secret weapons used by wives is the old adage that it is better to ask for forgiveness then permission. With Nascar it is better to pay a fine and get a points deduction for cheating because you get to keep your win. It makes sense from many angles.

But the Josh Wises aren't in the top 30 in points:D

That is why I said it was daft to bring Josh Wise into the conversation just like Casey Mears, Brian Scott and Aric Almirola don't belong as even if they were running big blocks with tires that lasted twice as long they still wouldn't win.

I think they try to cheat before the race the problem is getting away with something that gives enough of an advantage to actually win. This is why we see so many failed laser inspections and pit selections lost. they are trying to push the rules as far as they can. We now see almost every winner actually burn the tires off the car so it jacks up the quarter panels and bangs parts of the tire all over the place. don't think that isn't intentional. We also see unapproved adjustments during pit stops were a guy throws his butt into the car. I also wonder about the politics in the garage, maybe a team knows they are being watched and others purposely stay quiet and they selectively try something. The big question to me is what the rules are going to be like at homestead. I think nascar wants one of the 4 winning the race. so the question is what would they dream up to try and have a faster car. Once the race is over there is no way they are taking a title from a guy and interfering with the celebration. I have heard the cars are cheated up for homestead. Chad knaus if your reading this, you better make sure the car is ready.

Kyle Larson was a surprise winner? Really? o_O Hell I would say even Tony wasn't really that big of one since it was at a track he's pretty good at. I agree with the rest of it that it wouldn't be exactly easy to do, but it could probably be done. I mean, cars fail post race a lot so they have to be doing something.

lol, it depends upon what your definition of "cheating" is.
They're all pushing the rules and the officials' abilities to catch them. Some are better at this game than others.

Like hidesert cowboy says, there's more to a post-race burnouts than celebration. Or you can push in the clutch at full throttle as you cross the finish line and blow the engine up too badly to be tech'd (right, Awesome Bill?).

If you get too obvious about getting stuff past the rulebook you could end up ostracized, like what happened to Smokey Yunick. But later he was welcomed back into the good ol' days folklore anyways.

lol, it depends upon what your definition of "cheating" is.
They're all pushing the rules and the officials' abilities to catch them. Some are better at this game than others.

Like hidesert cowboy says, there's more to a post-race burnouts than celebration. Or you can push in the clutch at full throttle as you cross the finish line and blow the engine up too badly to be tech'd (right, Awesome Bill?).

If you get too obvious about getting stuff past the rulebook you could end up ostracized, like what happened to Smokey Yunick. But later he was welcomed back into the good ol' days folklore anyways.
I dunno about blowing up the engine after the race nowadays. What could you do that would get past pre-race inspection that would be of much competitive value but sill require you to grenade the power plant so it wasn't caught afterward?

Back
Top Bottom