"Widow rings"

Benevolent One

Team Owner
I never heard of anything like that before but my oldest brother's widow just posted this on Facebook. I like it and not just because I think it looks good (not a big jewelry guy myself but I like this) but mostly because I know her and how much she enjoys her role and how she felt about him. Have you guys ever heard of something like that?
c7bc549ed7774f62e60ef56f0aecbad3.jpg

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Maybe if more jewelry was black, my favorite color, I might like more of it. I don't know

This seems dramatic... just wear your wedding ring.

Also: How does one enjoy being a widow?

If she likes the ring and it provides some small measure of comfort then it is a good thing, imo.
People probably handle genuine grief in millions of different ways. I try my best not to question an individuals reasoning or coping methods.

This seems dramatic... just wear your wedding ring.

Also: How does one enjoy being a widow?
You'd have to know her to probably really get it. It seemed pretty odd to me at first, less so now. He was a marine and she is involved in organizations like that to some extent. She is always posting stories about good things marines are doing or just a picture of him in uniform or veterans concerns. She gets an awful lot of semper fi salutations on her posts even sometimes if her post doesn't even have anything to do with the corps. I'm glad she has the support of so many at her age (seventies).

The funeral home industry seems to be very profitable.
Don't I know it. That whole industry is nuts. My youngest remaining brother is absolutely loaded and he manages a cemetery but makes most of his money selling plots and pre-arranged funerals and the like

If she likes the ring and it provides some small measure of comfort then it is a good thing, imo.
People probably handle genuine grief in millions of different ways. I try my best not to question an individuals reasoning or coping methods.
I was taught that at a fairly young age and I am usually pretty good with it. At first she had me a little concerned for her but it seems to be how she is coping with the loss of the centerpiece of her life. I'm not here to judge her but I certainly get why many people think the way they do though.

Fellow I knew quite well was 3rd generation funeral home owner. He often said he'd be the last person to let me down,,,,,

Back
Top Bottom