Wilder Fury II

Turtle84

Hail Melon 🍉
Stumbled onto the first fight on replay a week ago. One of the best heavyweight fights I've seen in a long time, both are still unbeaten and now square off again. Saw something about sport science the speed of Mike Tyson's right hand punch was 24.9mph and Wilder's is 25.3mph :eek:. Mike Tyson is still the best heavyweight I've ever seen at his peak. Almost impossible to cross compare era's but both Wilder and Fury seem like they would hold up during that time period. The wing span and reach on them is like two nba player's going at it. I hope it's another good boxing match tomorrow.

Its funny. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who is also a big sports fan like me. He was mentioning how it seems MMA is way more popular than boxing now. I was agreeing with him. Saying how i had no clue at all who the heavyweight champion was and that to me was proof how far boxing has fallen. Now ive only ever been a causal fan of the sport but are these 2 guys well known outside boxing fans? I have honestly never heard of them until this week. Not the way it seemed everyone knew who tyson, holyfield, lennox lewis etc was.

They're getting a lot of press on this fight in particular, so I think many are just hearing of them. It's no where near Mike Tyson level of popularity. Probably not Mayweather Pacquiao/McGregor either. But maybe close.
For sure more than Klitschko in the US.

Outside of boxing or just general sports fans definitely not. My Mom knows who Mike Tyson is, she'd have no clue who these guy's are, no offence mom.

Fury had control from the jump. He's a much better boxer than Wilder, I think Wilder needs a new trainer.

The only thing his trainer said was, "Back up and throw the right." after three rounds. Big yikes and desperation. No backup plan, no different combinations? Like its crazy.

Tyson Fury nice. His movement and vision is elite for heavyweight. Hope Wilder is alright with the bleeding/swelling that's a good stoppage.

Boxing would be so much more popular if it wasn't PPV for their biggest fights. It led off Sportscenter even.

Back
Top Bottom