Will Chip?

E

eeff

Dump dounut boy

Spencer back with Ganassi? or is it Hamitlon? Whispers in the garage at The Glen said [Jimmy] Spencer might have made himself an uncomfortable bed with Ganassi. When asked about the buzz, Ganassi personnel were hardly supportive of the Berwick, Pa. native. Now, word from the Charlotte-area is telling teamfordracing.com that Bobby Hamilton is scheduled to have a sit down with Chip Ganassi when the tour arrives at Booklyn, MI [MIS] this weekend. Hamilton, who is being steered by Dodge executives to drive a Dodge in Winston Cup due to his ties to that company in the truck series, might be a logical piece to the very fluid Ganassi puzzle. After all, Ganassi said of Spencer last week that if he wanted to race like a kid, he should go race with kids.(Ford Racing)(8-15-2002)

Oh My

:)

:calpping:

:leap:

:beerchug:

Would not be shocker now would it??

Chip is pretty much results oriented from what I've read. Saw a quote this week from Ernie Elliott regarding the engine problems of late. Ernie said Chip doesn't want to how they fix the problem, just that they fix it now!

Chip (imo) is interested in but one thing right now. A win.

He's only been a team owner for a bit over ten years and entered nascar in 2001. He has taken the series by storm. Already his operation is a force to be reckoned and he is currently leading the owner points in just his 2nd year.

From the Ganassi Racing site: "Target Chip Ganassi Racing claimed an unprecedented four consecutive CART FedEx Series titles from 1996 through 1999, with drivers Jimmy Vasser (1996), Alex Zanardi (1997 and 1998) and Juan Montoya (1999). In addition, after a five-year absence from the Indy 500, Team Target claimed the checkered flag with Montoya, who had never before raced on the famous 2.5-mile oval."

The man is dedicated to winning races. Go fast or go home.

Despite my current preference for Ward Burton, I'm a lifelong Ford fan, and will forever consider myself as such. Chip don't want Jimmy? We'll take him in a heartbeat. Mr. Ganassi needs to watch his mouth...2 wins in a season do not a powerhouse make. He has as many wins as BDR, and I don't see Bill name calling.

Maybe in other forms of racing, but not yet in NASCAR.

I agree with Paul Chip is a very good racing business man he if he sees that a change would help he will not hesitate for a minute to make that change.

I like Jimmy and Chip both. Guess they just don't like each other. Oh well, another case of clashing personalities.

I have to agree with Paul also, Chip has always had some of the best equipment and drivers. If one of those drivers isn't winning in a championship car, get rid of him.

I just wonder if some of these Winston Cup guys that haven't won in good cars for a long time should go back to busch. Spencer has done good there. Go Back.

I'd have to agree with you 66mustang. You'd think that they would get sick of getting their butts kicked year in and year out. I guess it all comes down to the money and there is a lot more to be made in Cup than Busch.

If I were in there spot, I'd go back. I don't care about the money anyway. I'd pay to race. I'd rather go be a championship contender in a lesser series then race for last in another.

Just what has Jimmy ' Rc Cola and a Moon pie ' Spencer : done for Chip and his team?
Yepperz............enuff said! ;)

Originally posted by 66mustang
He likes to crash people with big ears.

LMAO..................YEA THAT WAS A GOOD ONE !
Beer's to ya! :beerchug:

Jimmy is so far in over his head, it ain't funny. Floyd will drop Spencer for a big name gun for next year ... CART RULES!:D

After all, Ganassi said of Spencer last week that if he wanted to race like a kid, he should go race with kids.

thats a good one. lol :p :D

Everyone's picking on my guy.:(

Chip just won't spring for the donuts is all that's wrong with Jimmy! Come on Chip, they are only about 6 bucks a dozen.....surely you can afford 24 bucks every Sunday to keep your star driver happy!:D

.....Jimmy "NICE HAIR" Spencer is an enigma in WC racing. In a sport that has been groomed and styled to be the backdrop for "Family Values"......cereal & cosmetic ads........even old age testaterone products.......Spencer is a country bumpkin, and as dumb as a stone. Ganassi is a West Coast Smooth Talker, and the marriage of the two is DOA from the get-go. I'm just amazed it has lasted this long......Rudd is the best match for Ganassi of the current available crop of drivers. He looks good...keeps his mouth shut (mostly) and is capable of winning races.....Spencer is just an oaf at a ****tail party !

Jimmy is one of the best short trackers to ever hit WC. Unfortunately, the advent of the easy to build and maintain cookie-cutters leave little room for a man of his talents.

Chip imo showed remarkable foresight in hiring two drivers with very differing skills to get his team off the ground.

Back
Top Bottom