Will Gibbs win half the races in 2020?

I say they do. Imo they are the best funded team overall. The rest of the sport even the major teams are in quite a bit worse shape for sponsorship

I would be surprised if they didnt.

I am tempted to say yes, but JGR won 19 of 36 last year with Harvick winning 4, Logano winning only 2, Larson winning only 1, and SHR only winning 1 aside from Harvick. I would say all of those have decent odds of increasing their totals this year, and the #19 could be less dominant without Pearn. At the same time, Kyle Busch may win even more with the short track rules more to his liking.

If I was putting money on it, I'd actually say no, they don't get 18.

My bad, SHR didn't win at all aside from Harvick, so the chances they win more as an organization are even better.

I'm going to say no. Nobody knows how well Truex will do, Hamlin is fluky at best, and I would be surprised if the Chevys didn't win more races than last year with a new car. It's possible DiBen might jump up and win for the Wood Bros.

Nope. Chevy is the front runner for the Manufacturers Championship, and I don't think two Chevys at Phoenix is unthinkable.

Hmmm, new Chevy Clubhouse to hang the 2020 Banner, Jimmie's long storybook(?) goodbye, Chevy Cheat Coordinator Campbell squeezing drivers to follow orders and deliver propaganda, approved special edition nose job --

NASCAR's guiding hand?

Revman might be onto something...

NO. Roger has reorganized his teams and Pearn is running a ski resort.
Oh and Chevy got a facial lift.

Nope. Chevy is the front runner for the Manufacturers Championship, and I don't think two Chevys at Phoenix is unthinkable.
One Chevy made the round of 8 last year; none made the round of 4. What do you see that leads you to expect this turn-around?

^ the same as happens whenever Chevy does bad, they get to change the car when others can't. This is the last year for cars as we know them.

One Chevy made the round of 8 last year; none made the round of 4. What do you see that leads you to expect this turn-around?

The new car. Really, it cannot fail. I am sure that NASCAR gave a few allowances on design parameters to ensure success. The only stressor is how far did they go? This sport deals in fractions of an inch. Having said that, what they give, they can take away as well with Fabian's at track inspection process, and the "Hush, hush, don't do that again program." They will get it right, but it will either be brutal again for Chevy for the first five races, or they just might dominate before the tweaks are just right.

Why do you think that? Because of the new car?

As for the thread, no. I think between 10-14

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'd go with no. Last season was maybe the best of Hamlin's career, and Truex without Pearn is a question mark for now. I'm not sure you can expect that high of a level of production out of both again right now. I can see Jones getting multiple wins this year and Kyle is a known commodity. All four get into Victory Lane but cap out around 14 or 15 wins.

I'd go with no. Last season was maybe the best of Hamlin's career, and Truex without Pearn is a question mark for now. I'm not sure you can expect that high of a level of production out of both again right now. I can see Jones getting multiple wins this year and Kyle is a known commodity. All four get into Victory Lane but cap out around 14 or 15 wins.
I expect a big year from Penske and HMS tbh.

Let me clarify.

SHR in 2018: 12 wins
SHR in 2019: 4 wins

I believe it is probable that they finish between those numbers in 2020.
What a contrast.

It all depends IMO, I think Toyota is still the manufacturer to beat. I think Ford and Chevy will be a bit more consistent this season in having winning cars.

I would not sleep on Roush with Buescher and Newman, they might scare some folks this season.

Why do you think that? Because of the new car?

As for the thread, no. I think between 10-14

Absolutely. I don't think there is anything good about Chevy getting their asses handed to them again. NASCAR has the inspection process they should have had all along where Fabian keeps everything behind the scenes, and the teams comply. So, that gives him some freedom with the Chevys. I think that Ford and Toyota would agree that Chevy needs to come back to the party. Blabber mouths around here screeched about how teams would get nailed last year. Didn't happen as I predicted. Are we thinking that the teams are all of a sudden completely legal? Nope. It's just handled the right way, and again, that will allow NASCAR to restore the coveted competitive balance. So, the question becomes.....If all of the teams sign off on each others design, why would Toyota and Ford agree to an advantage for Chevy? Easy. NASCAR basically said, "We can take stuff away from you, or give it to them." Ford and Toyota--especially Toyota--don't want to chase their asses for one year trying to get back what NASCAR has taken from them. Been there. Done that. (Think OSS here). It is really surprising to me that more around here don't get what is happening. I mean, I am fine with it. I get it. Let's not pretend that this is business as usual. Again. blabber mouths around here called the new Chevy just a nose change. Then, Chad Knaus comes out, and says the whole thing is different. Crickets. Then the blabber mouths say that the changes don't cost much in a year when the industry is supposedly trying to save money as the huge expense of the Next Gen car looms. Then, Andy Petree, Competition Director at RCR, goes on NASCAR Radio, and talks about he expense of a new car plus a new rule change. Crickets. Chevy's new car at this time is flies in the face of logic given NASCAR's stated initiatives this year. That's interesting enough, but no manufacturer could take this on without some assurances of return on investment. Let me repeat. I am good with it. There are some around here that convince many that they are right because of their bullying bull**** when, in reality, their posts are more speculative than objective.

What a contrast.

It all depends IMO, I think Toyota is still the manufacturer to beat. I think Ford and Chevy will be a bit more consistent this season in having winning cars.

I would not sleep on Roush with Buescher and Newman, they might scare some folks this season.

Rodney admitted that SHR started down the wrong set up path to start last year, and it took them forever to get competitive. I don't think they fully caught up. Same rules kind of....Rodney has had more time to fabricate a new blade. They will be good.

Consistent with Toyota/TRD goals....I want an equal share. Give me 12 wins, and I will be good.

Absolutely. I don't think there is anything good about Chevy getting their asses handed to them again. NASCAR has the inspection process they should have had all along where Fabian keeps everything behind the scenes, and the teams comply. So, that gives him some freedom with the Chevys. I think that Ford and Toyota would agree that Chevy needs to come back to the party. Blabber mouths around here screeched about how teams would get nailed last year. Didn't happen as I predicted. Are we thinking that the teams are all of a sudden completely legal? Nope. It's just handled the right way, and again, that will allow NASCAR to restore the coveted competitive balance. So, the question becomes.....If all of the teams sign off on each others design, why would Toyota and Ford agree to an advantage for Chevy? Easy. NASCAR basically said, "We can take stuff away from you, or give it to them." Ford and Toyota--especially Toyota--don't want to chase their asses for one year trying to get back what NASCAR has taken from them. Been there. Done that. (Think OSS here). It is really surprising to me that more around here don't get what is happening. I mean, I am fine with it. I get it. Let's not pretend that this is business as usual. Again. blabber mouths around here called the new Chevy just a nose change. Then, Chad Knaus comes out, and says the whole thing is different. Crickets. Then the blabber mouths say that the changes don't cost much in a year when the industry is supposedly trying to save money as the huge expense of the Next Gen car looms. Then, Andy Petree, Competition Director at RCR, goes on NASCAR Radio, and talks about he expense of a new car plus a new rule change. Crickets. Chevy's new car at this time is flies in the face of logic given NASCAR's stated initiatives this year. That's interesting enough, but no manufacturer could take this on without some assurances of return on investment. Let me repeat. I am good with it. There are some around here that convince many that they are right because of their bullying bull**** when, in reality, their posts are more speculative than objective.
Okay I gotcha. I don't think you should be surprised that people don't really know the nuances of what's going on in regards to manufacture competition. I've said this before, but right now NASCAR this about marketing the personalities. I know you have said that being a fan of manufactures is a dying breed but the fact of the matter is that I would be willing to guess that 60 to 70% of NASCAR's fan base genuinely doesn't care about the manufacturer competition nor are they interested in the details of what's going on. Ive been a fan for 20 years, I don't care, never did. Doesn't matter why Chevy is behind, why Ford was behind, why Toyota is ahead, what NASCAR does and doesn't allow etc.

While I totally appreciate your insight and it is helpful to be educated on this stuff by someone with a little bit of passion ( ;] ) for manufacture wars, I think the majority of fans don't care enough to do their homework and have any sort of reaction to it, other than "oh, Chevy's turn again apparently". Just my opinion.

Get the industry-sized box.
749.original.png

need this to go along with it
I'm amazed at the number of people who post various ways they think this sport is biased, manipulated, unfairly officiated, or just flat-out rigged ... and yet they follow it anyway. Indeed, the more skewed they say the sport is, the more devoted they are to it. Call me naive but if I thought things weren't on the up and up, I'd watch something else. :idunno:

Last edited:
I'm amazed at the number of people who post various ways they think this sport is biased, manipulated, unfairly officiated, or just flat-out rigged ... and yet they follow it anyway. Indeed, the more skewed they say the sport is, the more devoted they are to it. :idunno:
I disagree. How many people watch BB only to find the teams are cheating with special cameras to learn the next pitch? Every sport has it's dark side.

I disagree. How many people watch BB only to find the teams are cheating with special cameras to learn the next pitch? Every sport has it's dark side.
Apparently I didn't make myself clear (again). I'm not talking about cheating on the part of the participants. That doesn't surprise me. It's the accusations the sanctioning body is biased or rigging the system.

In your example, it would be as if people claimed MLB itself gave only the Astros the gear to cheat with, with the intention of giving them an advantage over their opponents.

Apparently I didn't make myself clear (again). I'm not talking about cheating on the part of the participants. That doesn't surprise me. It's the accusations the sanctioning body is biased or rigging the system.

In your example, it would be as if MLB itself gave only the Astros the gear to cheat with, with the intention of giving them an advantage over their opponents.

The incentive is different for nascar imo, part of why they exhausted every second possible to try and not award Justin Haley the rain delayed win last year. If it's William Byron in the lead, it's instant race over within 15 minutes to feed their storyline of the young guns taking over.

I'm amazed at the number of people who post various ways they think this sport is biased, manipulated, unfairly officiated, or just flat-out rigged ... and yet they follow it anyway. Indeed, the more skewed they say the sport is, the more devoted they are to it. Call me naive but if I thought things weren't on the up and up, I'd watch something else. :idunno:

There have always been teams saying the other has an advantage over the other AND in most cases if it is proven there are adjustments made. The Camaro's made their car to look as "stock" as possible under the rules and it is very similar to what the Fords in years past did when they used the same grill from the street car on their race car. Although they looked closer to street versions, both were slower than the competition and allowed to change it up. It proves once again how hard it is to make a car look stock when not everybody is doing the same thing.

The incentive is different for nascar imo, part of why they exhausted every second possible to try and not award Justin Haley the rain delayed win last year. If it's William Byron in the lead, it's instant race over within 15 minutes to feed their storyline of the young guns taking over.
that is nonsense IMO. I have been watching rain races for many years and unless it is a monsoon with no let up on the radar, they don't call it quick

^^edit: as is, of course I'm still going to watch the sport even though these types of things occur. The same way I continue to watch other sports despite ref riggage and blown calls that alter game outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom