Will One of the Dillons Ever Drive for Another Team?

WhiningSmoke

Team Owner
Austin Dillon will be driving in Sprint Cup next season. His future is certain.

Ty Dillon is scheduled to make the move in 2016. His future is planned.

Can you see either of these guys joining another team?

Highly doubtful imo, if there sucessful why drive for anyone else. Going somewhere else most likely would be the equivalent of a plan b punt imo.

If they're awful, sure, eventually. AJ Foyt gave his grandson (AJ Foyt IV) plenty of shots in his IndyCar team. Eventually he fired the kid (or he quit, opinions vary) and little Foyt popped up in a few other teams a few times before disappearing.

As long as pop pop is alive they have a ride at RCR. I am not a fan of Dick Childress or the Dillion boys. Especially the one who thinks he is billy joe badass in the cowboy hat.

I'd say no, but I never thought Junior would leave DEI either.
This. ^

You never know what will happen on down the road. These two are both proving themselves in their respective series and have the financial backing of some great sponsors. Hopefully they can bring them along with them in their move up the ranks. While RCR gives them a shop to run out of these teams are still backed by the sponsors on their rides just like everyone else favorite driver(s).

As long as pop pop is alive they have a ride at RCR. .

As Baretta used to say 'you can take that to the bank'. Richard is no spring chicken, they better make their mark now while at RCR or they'll be out on their ear if RCR is sold/dismantled.

Yeah, at Michigan. Ty drove the #51 for Jeremy Clements for a couple of races last year as well. But, I don't think that's the point. ;)

Just getting ready to look it up -------------- Thanks for saving me the time

depends if they win.
Eh maybe. Logano was at JGR and won two races (one by rain but a win is a win for $$). He got punted to Penske and has performed statistically better. If they perform poorly at RCR for a few years what is to say they do not take Jr or KK's spots at Hendrick or Hamlin or Kenseth's (if he retires early) at JGR and perform much better? A team change was a huge upgrade for KyBu to JGR and Kenseth to JGR.

Eh maybe. Logano was at JGR and won two races (one by rain but a win is a win for $$). He got punted to Penske and has performed statistically better. If they perform poorly at RCR for a few years what is to say they do not take Jr or KK's spots at Hendrick or Hamlin or Kenseth's (if he retires early) at JGR and perform much better? A team change was a huge upgrade for KyBu to JGR and Kenseth to JGR.
I guess it will depend on how much money grandpa can keep flowing if they have to go drive some where else.

I dont know why either party wouldnt want the other...maybe even they are Villanueve bad after like 5 years. Other than that, I cant see ol pops giving his grandsons the boot.

I dont know why either party wouldnt want the other...maybe even they are Villanueve bad after like 5 years. Other than that, I cant see ol pops giving his grandsons the boot.
His grandsons are adults. They can take care of themselves after a year of collecting their winnings. If they wanna leave they can leave, they don't have to wait for approval.

Back
Top Bottom