Wimmer in the 7 for Robby

Clutch

Team Owner
Wonder how he will do?....I thought his career was moving forward until the hiding at home thing.

I'll be interested to see how he goes

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20110513j

•Wimmer in the #7 for Robby: it was reported during SPEED's Sprint Cup practice coverage on Friday that Scott Wimmer is in the #7 Speed Energy owned by Robby Gordon and usually driven by Gordon. Wimmer will practice, qualifying and race the #7 Dodge. No word why Gordon is not running the race or even at the track. Next weekend when the Sprint All-Star race is run, Gordon will be at the Glen Helen round of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series on May 21-22, taking part in the premier Pro 2 Unlimited class.(5-13-2011)

I wonder if there is a NASCAR stipulation or rule stating that Wimmer must run one Cup race in order for him to be eligible to run the Sprint Open (or whatever it's called now) before the All-Star race. Although Robby knows he can't make the All-Star race next weekend, maybe his sponsor still wants to see his car represented in Charlotte. Thus, Wimmer is selected to drive this weekend.

Pure speculation on my part.

I live next to Robby's off road race shop,and I havn't seen him this week. But I have been pretty busy and havn't been around much myself.

i missed this. robby, scott or were they both hiding (together?)?

Bak in 2004 when Wimmer crashed Bill Davis' truck then went home and hid

Wimmer Arrested: Scott Wimmer, driver for Bill Davis Racing's Nextel Cup #22 Caterpillar team, was arrested for driving while impaired early Saturday morning when he wrecked a blue, 2004 Dodge Ram pickup truck owned by Bill Davis Racing. According to High Point police records, at about 2 a.m. Saturday morning, Wimmer was charged with DWI after officers gave him a Breathalyzer test and found he had a 0.15 blood alcohol content, nearly twice the state legal limit for intoxication, 0.08. Just over one hour later, at about 3:15 a.m., Wimmer's wife Jody Ambrose, was charged with misdemeanor obstruction and delay, according to High Point police records. High Point police officials would not comment on details of the charges. Messages left at Wimmer's home were not returned. Contacted at his home Saturday night, Bill Davis, owner of the High Point-based Bill Davis Racing, would not comment on the incident. When asked about how the DWI charge would affect Wimmer's status on the team, Davis only said, "We really don't have any comment right now. We are kind of figuring out the facts." Court dates for Wimmer and Ambrose are both set for March 10.(High Point Enterprise)(2-1-2004)

in other words, Robby hired the cheapest driver that was willing to darken their name by driving for robby....

in other words, Robby hired the cheapest driver that was willing to darken their name by driving for robby....

Hornish was listed as the driver of the car at Dega. I about had a heart attack. I wish Robby could get some good runs. I was shocked he did not do better at dega, had a good run at Daytona till someone checked up and caused a wreck.

Back
Top Bottom