Winter is on the way

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Winter's coming folks, whether you're ready or not.

(Image caption - SnoWTF)

BobbyFord, please feel free to ignore the above message.:D

Attachments

• snowinoctober.png
    snowinoctober.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 101
What are you complaining about it's supposedly snowing tomorrow

It snowed in Amarillo.

57 degrees right now. That's our HIGH for today.

Racecars will be flying this weekend. At the track right now, at 4PM, it's 49 degrees, 30.00 Barometer, and 48 water grains. Density Altitude of 340 feet. They say we're not supposed to break 70 till Monday.

Glad to be out of a place with horrible winter weather. Just left, everyday it was rain and cold tempuratures in Ohio lately. Down here is SC it's just beautiful sunny days everyday. Gets cold at night. Not too hard getting used to this.

You bet your sweet bippie winter is here. Low the next few nights is forecast @31 with highs of 47 during the day. Rain turning into a "slushy mix" of rain and snow overnight.

You bet your sweet bippie winter is here. Low the next few nights is forecast @31 with highs of 47 during the day. Rain turning into a "slushy mix" of rain and snow overnight.

I saw the radar for up your way, glad I ain't you:D

I always enjoy when winter first begins because it's something different. However it doesn't take long before I'm missing the warm weather.

Calling for 1-4 inches of snow tomorrow night! I'm sick of winter already.

Looking forward to some cooler weather.

We don't have really bad winters though ...

Where do you live?

Because all of us in DC will get Dick Cheney's weather machine out and send you cooler weather:D

(right after we send rain to TRL, honcho, majesty and mag)

LOL ... I'm in Upstate South Carolina. Just send the cooler weather ... no snow or ice. Us Southerns act like idiots when we get that stuff. :p

Calling for 1-4 inches of snow tomorrow night! I'm sick of winter already.

you still online? kids in mass lost power last night and don't see either online...very unusual. trees down everywhere according to them, then nothing.

Lights never even flickered. Maybe there's a inch of snow on the grass. It was windy though. A few miles north got hit hard(er), more snowfall, trees down and power out.

Just got off the phone with son in Hackettstown, NJ. He said they had 6 - 8 inches in town and 10 where he lives on top of the mountain. Took him nearly an hour to drive the seven miles to his business as trees are down all over and he had to keep backtracking to find an open way. Power at his house is off and JCP&L says it could be the end of the week before it is back on. Smart lad that he is, he installed a generator a couple of years ago just for instances such as this. Last time it was a major ice storm.

I got my snow plow, tire chains and wheel weights mounted on my John Deere tractor just in case. This past winter we had two snows in Raleigh, one left about two inches on the ground. Rather be ready than rolling on the ground putting on tire chains after it snows. Besides, at 75 I'm getting to damn old to be doing that ch1t!

Buddy in Worcester just sent me pics of his place.

oct1.jpg

oct3.jpg

oct2.jpg

Heavy, wet "heart attack" snow

I agree with Bobby,....that just ain't right Lol

Down under its spring time...a great time of the year. Planted my passionfruit last year and it just starting to flower now.......can't wait to pick 'em

DSCF3969_small.jpg

DSCF3970_small.jpg

Oh, and I was out fishing this week.....and my local dirt track opens up in november. I love this time of year!!:beerbang:

Winter may be on the way but it's not coming this way :D

California and Nevada are definitly the places to be! I've spent a lot of time out there during winter and summer. Doesnt get too cold ever and when its hot there it doesnt feel as hot as in places like ohio. I remember going to Sonoma for the race last year in June. Weather was comfortable there, get off the plane at midnight in Columbus, OH and im sweating like crazy. You get the worst of all of the weather in places like Ohio. I just moved to upstate SC, lows of like 35 the past few days. I have to be up early, not fun in that weather. Cali or Vegas is where i wanna be!

California and Nevada are definitly the places to be! I've spent a lot of time out there during winter and summer. Doesnt get too cold ever and when its hot there it doesnt feel as hot as in places like ohio. I remember going to Sonoma for the race last year in June. Weather was comfortable there, get off the plane at midnight in Columbus, OH and im sweating like crazy. You get the worst of all of the weather in places like Ohio. I just moved to upstate SC, lows of like 35 the past few days. I have to be up early, not fun in that weather. Cali or Vegas is where i wanna be!
You are right about that for sure. I have been in Las Vegas for the past 2 weeks for a Drag Race and the weather has been awesome. I have to go to Pomona Ca next week for the last race of the year, and then after that I can to take the hauler back to the shop in Chicago. Then I can fly back home to Southern California and stay until January. About the only time I have to deal with any snow is when I haul a couple midget sprint cars to the Chili Bowl in Tulsa Ok in early January, and then when I fly back to Chicago the following week to bring the Hauler back to Pomona Ca for the first Drag Race of the season. I feel for eveyone that has to deal with the snow on a daily basis. That is the main reason I moved to Southern California about 25 years ago.:)

Back
Top Bottom