winter weather?

A

ajk112802

It's a HOT and HUMID 85 today :mad: It's not like I expect it to snow and we do usually hang Christmas lights in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops, but still, the tiniest hint of cool weather would really be welcomed right about now!

It's a HOT and HUMID 85 today :mad: It's not like I expect it to snow and we do usually hang Christmas lights in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops, but still, the tiniest hint of cool weather would really be welcomed right about now!

Go whine and complain elsewhere. :mad:

I don't want to hear about how hot it is. :mad: :shiver:

The AC is running as I type. However, the weather guessers are saying that it all comes to an abrupt end tomorrow afternoon.

Monday highs only in the 40s with rain through Tuesday. And I have jury duty Monday morning. :p

Some advice TRL:
* I can tell if people are guilty by looking at them.
* I'm attracted to you, your honor.
* If a police officer told me I was a bug, I would believe him.
* Is it murder if I haven't been caught?
* My religion prohibits me from sitting near other people.
* Would I have to bathe?
* Can each of my personalities vote in deliberations?
* Laws are for sissies.
* Your marshall's handcuffs are turning me on.
* I'm deaf. (Answer questions thereafter by cupping hand and shouting "What?")
* A pit bull named [defendant's first name] just killed my baby.
* I have Tourette's Syndrome, you f***ing a**hole.
* I get dizzy if I try to weigh evidence.

I've been called three times and sat on the jury once. All of the cases were boring. I'd love to be able to sit on a good murder trial jury one day. Of course, when I do have jury duty, whether it's only for the voir dire or for however many days the trial will be, I get paid my regular pay. :)

Virginia: 40 degrees yesterday, 65 today. Who know what tomorrow will be. I split about a 1/2 cord of wood today, so we'll probably not need it for the forseeable future. Weather sucks.

It was about 80 here today too.
I have been called twice for J.D., but there were no trials for either week.

Geeze..it was WARM here in the upper 30s! My husband even did steaks on the grill. I wish I could complain about it being too hot. When it gets too warm (i.e. above freezing) we usually end up with freezing rain that turns into snow as payback for "warm weather."

I've been called for jury duty a few times, but got out of it a couple of times when they used to give dispensations to mothers who were the daily care givers of kids. Last time I got called, I went and was done by lunch time. Didn't get picked and they weren't having anything else coming up for the day so we got sent home with our service fulfilled. My husband was on a grand jury case one time which was interesting. It was for a cop accused of something on the job. They, of course, weren't allowed to know any of his past behavior so he got off. Later they found out he had a history of that kind of behavior. Figures.

My husband was on a grand jury case one time which was interesting. It was for a cop accused of something on the job. They, of course, weren't allowed to know any of his past behavior so he got off. Later they found out he had a history of that kind of behavior. Figures.
The case in which I was a member of the jury was a civil case. It involved a wreck and the people who were hit was suing the kid that hit them. As a member of the jury, you only hear what they want you to hear or it could be a miss-trial and that almost happened with us. As it turned out, we gave the suers only enough to pay the doctors fees. We found out after the trial that the accusers were drug users and on the dole from the government. While they certainly were victims of an accident, it wasn't nearly as bad as they tried to make it out. We saw through them, but had we known of the past history of this couple, we'd have given the kid the money. :cool:

Oh yeah, it's nearly 60 degrees as I type. Tomorrow I will be wearing shorts on my route and probably will for the next three days.

Still no rain here in Greensboro. Starting to sound like a broken record. Think I will turn the TV on and watch Carolina upset Jacksonville today with the old man throwing a few TD's..

I woke up at 9 AM for church. It was 35 degrees.

It is currently 12:30 PM. It is still 35 degrees.

Muggle, did they delay schools the other day in G'boro? They delayed them two hours here in Winston because of the rain/sleet. I never noticed any when I got up at 5:30, but what the heck, maybe it was in another part of town. :rolleyes:

Magnet, I have the AC on it is so warm here! Guess that front hasn't made it down here.

And no telling what kind of case I'll get at a County Court at Law. I was called numerous times when I lived in Houston --- never was picked. So, in a way, I'd like to get on some kind of jury, since I do have the time.

Muggle, did they delay schools the other day in G'boro? They delayed them two hours here in Winston because of the rain/sleet. I never noticed any when I got up at 5:30, but what the heck, maybe it was in another part of town. :rolleyes:

No, the rain/sleet missed us. I understand in Lynchburg the roads were very icy. A forum friend on a ""book forum" hit ice and rolled his Jeep over. Thankfully he came out with only bumps and bruises. Course sometimes things don't show up till later. It is unbelievable how anything with moisture misses us. I planted a bunch of trees this fall, soon I am going to have to go out and pee on them.

Back
Top Bottom