Wish me luck

Lap3Forever

Staff member
I know this is going to sound bad but....over the last 4 years i have been going to West Kentucky Comm and Tech. College. I have been taking anywhere between 4 and 15 hours a semester, but on avg 6-9. But i do not really fell like i am going anywere so i am going to try to get in to Mid Continent University. My dad is a 1996 grad from there. It is a small Christian school, but has grown alot since i was last there in 96. I think i will stay with the business plan. All i could get at WKCTC was an AA or an AS. But at MCU i can get my BS or BA. I am going over to the school in the afternoon to turn my paper work in. I hope i can get in for next semester.

Couple of questions...Do you know what you want to be when you grow up and does Mid Continent University offer that curriculum? Also, are they of enough stature that once you graduate that you can get a job on the strength of that degree or would you be better served at a different University? Maybe MCU for the 1st couple of years and then transfer to one of the bigger Universities that offers what you want. Never ever under estimate the value of the name of the school on the degree. Many people get a great job just because they went to a "name" school where people who went to a lesser name with just as good or even better program have to settle for less. Kinda sucks but that's the way Big Business rolls...

But, don't give up. A degree in anything usually trumps a person with no degree when you're applying for a job.

Couple of questions...Do you know what you want to be when you grow up and does Mid Continent University offer that curriculum? Also, are they of enough stature that once you graduate that you can get a job on the strength of that degree or would you be better served at a different University? Maybe MCU for the 1st couple of years and then transfer to one of the bigger Universities that offers what you want. Never ever under estimate the value of the name of the school on the degree. Many people get a great job just because they went to a "name" school where people who went to a lesser name with just as good or even better program have to settle for less. Kinda sucks but that's the way Big Business rolls...

But, don't give up. A degree in anything usually trumps a person with no degree when you're applying for a job.
Yup. Thats where i'm at, i had the option of going to A&M, but going to UT at Arlington because it's a smaller school but still has the UT name, and that means just as much as A&M with less cost and better student>prof ratios.

Yup. Thats where i'm at, i had the option of going to A&M, but going to UT at Arlington because it's a smaller school but still has the UT name, and that means just as much as A&M with less cost and better student>prof ratios.

See, I disagree. Arlington may have the UT moniker but that doesn't mean its on par with UT. Or that employers will look at UT@A and see it = to UT. In this state not many confuse UNC-P(embroke) or UNC-G(reensboro) with UNC-CH. There really is no comparison.
I'll agree that in many cases smaller is cheaper and the classes are smaller but I'd advise you to transfer to A&M or UT before you graduate. The name could mean an easier path in life.

Mid Continent University does offer an grate business Major and Minor. I am sure that an BS from MCU will be better then an AS from WKCTC. I am going to get at least two Certificates from WKCTC (Basic Business Adminstration and General Business) and maybe some more or an Diploma i have 50-57 hours. I turned in my paper work today and they recived my transcsrip today also. The lady said everything looks good on me getting in for next semester.

BTW: This cost about 2x or more the cost of the school i have been attending.

See, I disagree. Arlington may have the UT moniker but that doesn't mean its on par with UT. Or that employers will look at UT@A and see it = to UT. In this state not many confuse UNC-P(embroke) or UNC-G(reensboro) with UNC-CH. There really is no comparison.
I'll agree that in many cases smaller is cheaper and the classes are smaller but I'd advise you to transfer to A&M or UT before you graduate. The name could mean an easier path in life.
While true, UTA is quickly being the higher engineering school of the UT line- AFAIK it's the only UT with a pair of wind tunnels and the Formula project.

2783.gif

My Mammaw always told me that your education is something that nobody could ever take away from you.

ALL RIGHT NICK! Nobody can take away the value of an education. Study hard and I wish you a 3.5.

My next thing to try to do, is play a sport for at least one year...but i may be getting to old to do that in college...:(

Thanks k-log!

2783.gif

My Mammaw always told me that your education is something that nobody could ever take away from you.

See that's just an old wive's tale. Many a bartender has taken away my education, at least on a temporary basis...or at least judging by the choices I made immediately afterwards... ;)

Back
Top Bottom