WJZ: Off duty officer unloads on former Marine

But my favorite part ...
The state's attorney's office is working with police to determine if the officer should be charged. Right now, he is suspended with pay and not carrying a gun.

This isn't the first shooting for Tshamba. He was disciplined in 2005 for shooting a suspect in the foot.

Not behind bars. At home on paid leave. PAID!!!
Only the best wear the badge.

:lurk:

This could get good.:growl:
If you are referring to Fergy, I wouldn't wait. Andy baited him with his brilliant post and I think that he's done fighting with you guys and I don't blame him.

I just love our American attitude towards law enforcement. We want them when we need them, but other than that, they are lower than whale crap.

If they find him guilty, I hope he gets the chair and gets zapped twice.

Sorry sst and andy, put down the lotion and paper towel....its not gonna happen.

I just love our American attitude towards law enforcement. We want them when we need them, but other than that, they are lower than whale crap.

I would offer the insight that noone particularly wants police ... least of all 'the brotherhood' that they've become. But they've managed to make the rules such that Joe Citizen is powerless to defend himself .. and all the laws protect the criminals.

then I would offer this: History calls for law enforcement to be done by a sheriff and deputies ...police are employees of a corporation formed in the city's name. They, the judges, and the prosecutors office all draw their paycheque from the same paymaster. I don't know about you ... but that doesn't seem to be a good plan to me.

Buck,
I wasn't there and if anyone here was please chime in.

According to the article a off duty cop, carrying his weapon, was in a nightclub. Nightclubs serve alcohol. He pumps out 13 shots hitting his target 9 times. A 69%, to get a cc permit here you need to fire 180 out of a possible 250 on a standard bullseye target at 25 yards=72%. No mention of distance in the article.

He refused a breathalyzer test and hasn't given a statement per union policy

"We don't take a statement from the officer that night so we are waiting for whatever statement he chooses to provide via his attorney, his FOP attorney," said Major Terrence McLarney."

This isn't his first shooting. "This isn't the first shooting for Tshamba. He was disciplined in 2005 for shooting a suspect in the foot."

Now he's home collecting full pay and benefits. Allbeit without a weapon one hopes.

Now if Buck Q. Citizen did the exact same thing would he be at home collecting pay? What makes this, or any other cop so special?

Our esteemed member of the le community says:"If they find him guilty,,,,,"

I'm not pre-judging but going on what's in the article. If?

FWIW this is a discussion my brother, a retired Lt with 32 years, and I have had a number of times regarding the 'special' treatment cops get.

Back
Top Bottom