WoO at Charlotte LIVE!

Best wishes to all of our RF members at the track tonight. Would have been there if I could have, will be rooting for #27 Pittman.

Every single time I've flipped over to SPEED, they've been at commercial.

The LSU/Alabama "Game of the Century" sucks, but it's better than SPEED's seemingly permanent commercial break.

An unbelievable almost story book ending for Rick Eckert by winning the title. Everyone, including me, thought he was done for two or three times in that 50 lapper, only to see him get back up in striking distance again. And then when Josh's tire went down and Rick got the title...very, very popular I might add.

With all the sun and wind throughout the day, the track was really dusty, even by the time the heats hit the track.

A great weekend of racing, but sad that racing season is now over.

Cool to see Owens get another big win. I've watched him race since he started at my local track. Amazing how far he's came.

as a huge latemodel fan, should i stir the pot and make note that lucas oil series drivers owens and bloomquist finish 1-2 at the WoO finals? how about part time big block mod racer/full time late model driver mcreadie sweeping both nights of the mods?:D

all in good fun.

having heard complaints about track conditions at charlotte in the past, the racing in the features looked great.

Cool to see Owens get another big win. I've watched him race since he started at my local track. Amazing how far he's came.

It is amazing. He's not one I like or dislike, but he is a skilled driver.
I refuse to say anything positive about Bloomer. LOL

It was sad to hear about JT Kerr passing. Every time I went to his shop for my brother, he was always so nice. RIP JT Kerr.

I love dirt track racing.

I have not posted much on the racing because I have only been able to watch the Dirt Modified Main at this point on the DVR.

I did enjoy watching Tim McCreadie win that one. I liked watching them working the traffic. Lot of folks don’t like to see lapping, but as long as there is a battle for the lead, I love to watch the leaders finesse the traffic. The closing rates make the speeds more clear, and it forces them to run some different lines. Limited cautions and watching Tim McCreadie slowly closing in during the late stages made it a good race imo.

I will be watching the rest soon, and Whizzer I was wishing Pittman the best, I did see the problem in the heat race. Sorry things didn’t work out this time.

I have not posted much on the racing because I have only been able to watch the Dirt Modified Main at this point on the DVR.
I did enjoy watching Tim McCreadie win that one. I liked watching them working the traffic. Lot of folks don’t like to see lapping, but as long as there is a battle for the lead, I love to watch the leaders finesse the traffic. The closing rates make the speeds more clear, and it forces them to run some different lines. Limited cautions and watching Tim McCreadie slowly closing in during the late stages made it a good race imo.
I will be watching the rest soon, and Whizzer I was wishing Pittman the best, I did see the problem in the heat race. Sorry things didn’t work out this time.

Tim McCreedie is one hot shoe! I love the DIRT modifieds. Like Greg, I really enjoy watching them work lapped cars and traffic is the thrill it all. The best ever, and I never thought I'd say this, are modifieds at New Hampshire.

As for Daryn, he wrecked his car in the first race to avoid hitting Jason Meyers. It bent the front axle and bent the wheel rim. The entire weekend was a bust as they just couldn't get the car right and were chasing it from Thursday evening on. In the feature, Daryn pretty much burned the right rear tire off due to lack of grip.
They had high hopes going in. Interestingly, Pittman led the first fifteen laps of last years feature when a lapped car drifted in front of him and took his line, permitting Meyers to slip by and take the win.

All in all I consider it a great weekend as I got to spend some time with my son (he flew to Charlotte Friday) and I met Va Dirt. Meeting Va Dirt was a positive and now look forward to meeting many others from this forum.

At 75, thins are looking good!

sorry greg. hope i didn't ruin the race for you.

You didn't, if I could have watched it all Sunday I would have avoided the thread until I finished.

I wouldn't want to hold back the posting. And I got to see T-Macs win anyway with the suspense of not knowing, I watched that one Sunday morning.

I can't to watch the broadcast. I forgot to set the DVR before I left, so I have to wait until Friday. Hope no one spoils it for me and says who won:D

Back
Top Bottom