World Baseball Classic

N

nascage

Anyone else watching this year's edition?
Rough night tonight with USA losing to Mexico by a 5-2 margin under a huge walk-up crowd.
Got Italy tomorrow and then Canada on Sun.

Not sure of these WBC rules, but pretty sure we better go 2-0 this weekend.

I look for it, but not agressively. If I see that it's on, I'll watch an inning or two. It's just kind of hard to get into it when it's clear that these other countries care a hell of a lot more about it that the USA does. We also don't have many of our better players there.

I look for it, but not agressively. If I see that it's on, I'll watch an inning or two. It's just kind of hard to get into it when it's clear that these other countries care a hell of a lot more about it that the USA does. We also don't have many of our better players there.

Man, you hit it right on the head right there. I guess I'm more interested because many of these games are happening in my backyard, so to speak. USA is up 6-2 over Italy right now in a great game.

I, too, wish we put out our all-stars on the field for the WBC and not the B-team. But I suppose I can understand why some of those same all-stars would not want to participate since the WBC occurs just before the MLB season starts and not during the off season.

Speaking of taking things seriously, did you catch this earlier today?
News reports are also reporting that some so-called "fans" got involved as well.

Man, you hit it right on the head right there. I guess I'm more interested because many of these games are happening in my backyard, so to speak. USA is up 6-2 over Italy right now in a great game.

I, too, wish we put out our all-stars on the field for the WBC and not the B-team. But I suppose I can understand why some of those same all-stars would not want to participate since the WBC occurs just before the MLB season starts and not during the off season.

Speaking of taking things seriously, did you catch this earlier today?
News reports are also reporting that some so-called "fans" got involved as well.

I caught it on ESPNnews I think. That was pretty funny. Canada was going for more runs because "runs scored" is a factor in a tiebreaker. Mexico's third basman got his jock in a twist because Canada bunted to start off the ninth inning when they were up like 9-3.

Back
Top Bottom