World Championships

muggle not

Team Owner
My Granddaughter will be competing for Team USA in the 2017 Multisport World Championship Festival in Canada next week. She will be in the 18 - 39 age group competing in the Standard Duathlon. Approx. 50 Countries will be competing. She will not be at her best as she has had several injuries this past year but she is still excited about participating. She qualified last year for TEAM USA in the trials in Portland, OR

https://penticton2017.com/

My Granddaughter will be competing for Team USA in the 2017 Multisport World Championship Festival in Canada next week. She will be in the 18 - 39 age group competing in the Standard Duathlon. Approx. 50 Countries will be competing. She will not be at her best as she has had several injuries this past year but she is still excited about participating. She qualified last year for TEAM USA in the trials in Portland, OR

https://penticton2017.com/
That's great! Best of luck to her.
Penticton is a nice place. A popular summer destination from Vancouver.

tell her I. and I'm sure many others here, wish her well.

Thanks y'all. She is very excited about competing in the Worlds. She has had some injuries this past year and hasn't been able to train at her peak and you do have to be at your peak in this competition. However, she told me she "will" still compete!! :)

Note from my Granddaughter:

Sent: Mon, Aug 14, 2017 11:01 am
Subject: Re: Team USA Penticton - August Update

Well now I'm not sure if I can race...my knee is hurting again...I'm going to my ortho doc today. We will be going to Canada to vacation regardless. Man I have the worst luck. I'm praying I'll be able to but time will tell....

She competed yesterday and was able to complete the racing.

Attachments

• Tiffany.JPG
    Tiffany.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 186
  1. Another note from mu GD:
  2. I finished!!!!
    1f1fa_1f1f8.png
    1f1fa_1f1f8.png
    1f1fa_1f1f8.png
    ITU World Championships Standard Duathlon
    1f3c3_200d_2640.png
    ♀️40k
    1f6b4_200d_2640.png
    ♀️ 5k
    1f3c3_200d_2640.png
    ♀️....
    I'm so happy to be done
    1f1e8_1f1e6.png
    1f60e.png
    1f389.png
    !
    This has been a tough year for me due to a knee injury. The week leading up to the race my knee flared up and I wasn't even sure I'd be able to compete. But thanks to my PT ........ & my Orthopedic Dr. ......, I was able to. I can't thank my family and friends enough for their support this past year. They kept me going and believing in myself when I was really struggling.

1. Another note from mu GD:
  2. I finished!!!!
    1f1fa_1f1f8.png
    1f1fa_1f1f8.png
    1f1fa_1f1f8.png
    ITU World Championships Standard Duathlon
    1f3c3_200d_2640.png
    ♀️40k
    1f6b4_200d_2640.png
    ♀️ 5k
    1f3c3_200d_2640.png
    ♀️....
    I'm so happy to be done
    1f1e8_1f1e6.png
    1f60e.png
    1f389.png
    !
    This has been a tough year for me due to a knee injury. The week leading up to the race my knee flared up and I wasn't even sure I'd be able to compete. But thanks to my PT ........ & my Orthopedic Dr. ......, I was able to. I can't thank my family and friends enough for their support this past year. They kept me going and believing in myself when I was really struggling.
Results are in. GD finished 11th out of 22 competing in her age group (her age group consisted of 5 different ages). Pretty darn good all things considered. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom