World Cup and Europe

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
I'm not a soccer fan, but I do know there is a big tournament going on somewhere in the world and that soccer is the world's most favorite sport. I just can't call it football, or futball. Anyway, France has now been eliminated and several other European countries are close to following them home. Europe is supposed to be the bastion of soccer (don't know, but I heard the game was invented in England) so what's happened?

I'm not a soccer fan, but I do know there is a big tournament going on somewhere in the world and that soccer is the world's most favorite sport. I just can't call it football, or futball. Anyway, France has now been eliminated and several other European countries are close to following them home. Europe is supposed to be the bastion of soccer (don't know, but I heard the game was invented in England) so what's happened?

The South American countries are strong, and some of the African countries have shown up in solid form as well.

America's fate is on the line tomorrow against Algeria on ESPN.

in a game that within 30 years will inspire a Disney movie

Okay, who among us are soccer fans? I only posted this because 1, the US is still in it and have had what people in the know, call controversial calls, and 2, the sports media talks about it.

I am I played for 11 years refed for another 4 years

I'm really not a soccer fan at all. I just don't understand the subtleties of a 0-0 tie being a great game, I guess.

That being said, I am very interested in how the Americans are performing in the World Cup. I really don't care at all about the rest of the teams and when Team USA is eliminated, I will go back to not caring at all. I think it is great that the US won their group for the first time since 1930. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll give a rat's ass about soccer after this either.

We can now say good-bye to England. But again, the officiating was atrocious and could have changed the whole strategy of the game for England.

Back
Top Bottom