World Series

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
I wonder why no one has posted anything about this year's World Series. I know we have some baseball fans, one in particular. Though I haven't watched a full game yet this year, I have watched more of the series than any game through the rest of the season. I was hoping the Cardinals would have been in it, but those Phillies must be that good. I'm rooting for the Yankees because in my youth, Mickey Mantle was my hero and of course, he was from Oklahoma. Hope Pettitte does good on three days rest.

i had the first game on but wasn't really paying much attention except for catching the score occasionally. phillies pitcher clif lee made a heck of a behind the back catch for an assist out at first. the yankees won as expected. yawn.... catch

Sigh today is rough for us Phillies fans:(

I think the World Series is rather boring. They take way to long between each pitch and they change pitchers about every other batter....It's mind numbing.:cool:

I just hate the Yankees. They are exactly what is wrong with the sport of baseball today. They simply outspend every other team by a mile. Of course, they do have to go out and perform even if they do have more talent than any other team. It's just so much easier to go out and win when you can afford most of the best players in the game.

I really do love the game and I watched virtually every playoff game that did not involve the Yankees. There were some really good games and I enjoyed most of them. But, I just can't stand the Yankees.

I just hate the Yankees. They are exactly what is wrong with the sport of baseball today. They simply outspend every other team by a mile. Of course, they do have to go out and perform even if they do have more talent than any other team. It's just so much easier to go out and win when you can afford most of the best players in the game.
Yep, they buy the title every year. What's this, their first in how many years? You can buy as many players as you want, but you can't buy the title.

I really do love the game and I watched virtually every playoff game that did not involve the Yankees. There were some really good games and I enjoyed most of them. But, I just can't stand the Yankees.

I love baseball but until there is a salary cap the same teams are going to make the playoffs every year (Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Cardinals, Phillies).

Back
Top Bottom