wow Kyle larson

J

joed

Re:sporting news "I'm the real last true racer" sure didn't take him long to become an arrogant little prick did it. course after self-proclaiming himself the hero of his hometown to Rutledge I shouldn't be surprised.

“There are other drivers at the Cup level that go on their off-weekends and run other types of racing and stuff,” Larson said. “They don’t race nearly as much as I do outside of NASCAR. And I would race a lot more, if I was allowed to. That’s why I feel like I’m the last true racer.”

In 2012, Larson ran 123 races while competing — and winning — his first NASCAR title in the K&N Pro Series. The same season, he finished fifth in the USAC Midget Series. He raced for 22 different owners in a combination of midgets, winged and non-winged sprint cars, trucks and stock cars. He won 30 races, competing in multiple different divisions at 20 different tracks — a mixture of dirt and pavement.

“I would love to race any type of vehicle, whether it’s in a circle or a straight line or a road course, I don’t care,” Larson said. “I just feel like I think like Andretti and Foyt and Tony Stewart, like I feel like I’m in the same category as them.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...t-true-racer-in-the-nascar-cup-series-899346/

That context thing..

sorry I don't feel he's in the same category as fort and andretti

“There are other drivers at the Cup level that go on their off-weekends and run other types of racing and stuff,” Larson said. “They don’t race nearly as much as I do outside of NASCAR. And I would race a lot more, if I was allowed to. That’s why I feel like I’m the last true racer.”

In 2012, Larson ran 123 races while competing — and winning — his first NASCAR title in the K&N Pro Series. The same season, he finished fifth in the USAC Midget Series. He raced for 22 different owners in a combination of midgets, winged and non-winged sprint cars, trucks and stock cars. He won 30 races, competing in multiple different divisions at 20 different tracks — a mixture of dirt and pavement.

“I would love to race any type of vehicle, whether it’s in a circle or a straight line or a road course, I don’t care,” Larson said. “I just feel like I think like Andretti and Foyt and Tony Stewart, like I feel like I’m in the same category as them.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...t-true-racer-in-the-nascar-cup-series-899346/

That context thing..

It doesn't seem half as bad when you read the whole article. However... the thing with Andretti, Foyt and Stewart...
hmm.gif

it does seem how one sees the context is a big part,just how I read it is all.just seems he's been a bit big headed after some cup wins

It doesn't seem half as bad when you read the whole article. However... the thing with Andretti, Foyt and Stewart... View attachment 26283

He was right in comparing himself in the context that Andretti, Foyt and Stewart loved racing outside of NASCAR and just about everything they could race.

He's not comparing himself legacy wise. It's a foolish endeavour giving that Larson is now just starting his career so comparing stats is nonsense.

He was right in comparing himself in the context that Andretti, Foyt and Stewart loved racing outside of NASCAR and just about everything they could race.

He's not comparing himself legacy wise. It's a foolish endeavour giving that Larson is now just starting his career so comparing stats is nonsense.
He said he thinks like them. Either way, he is putting himself in with some real good company. I think I get the point though. He would race everyday if he could.

Seems like a total Dis of the Racing Forums Society and Intellect to me. The dude could have at least vetted himself on the "paying his dues" thread first.
There are 2 posts on the resume in addition to those appearing here, both from last summer, after a rain-shortened Pocono B Main. One of them:

larson had good luck?...seems the only way he can win is by default

It is wonderful that Larson likes to race a lot but it doesn't make him the last or the greatest of anything. I am sure some drivers would race more if they were contractually permitted to do so but I suspect most of them want to try and get some balance in their lives by spending time with family or enjoying other pursuits.

It is wonderful that Larson likes to race a lot but it doesn't make him the last or the greatest of anything. I am sure some drivers would race more if they were contractually permitted to do so but I suspect most of them want to try and get some balance in their lives by spending time with family or enjoying other pursuits.

Some may have seen what happened to Tony and decided to be satisfied making tens of millions of dollars

. I am sure some drivers would race more if they were contractually permitted to do so but I suspect most of them want to try and get some balance in their lives by spending time with family or enjoying other pursuits.
Exactly Hendrick clamped down on Kaseys sprint car racing after he flipped out of Williams Grove

Kasi ran the dirt thing somewhere in Texas during the off weekend prior to Bristol. Finished the main in the top 20.

It is better than the "Other" Kyle droning on with "Everything is great." as he stays in his safe space.

Then again, after what happened last time Kyle Busch left his safe space and entered Team Logano's space, I don't blame him...

Sounds like Larson is attending the kyle busch school of being a arrogant butthead

Up until reading that from him I liked him, not so much now,

Larson is a badass. I love that he'll race just about anything just about anywhere. How can anyone not appreciate that? Especially in an era where there's so little crossover anymore because the wife won't let me, the manufacturer won't let me, the team owner won't let me, the sponsor won't let me...

Back
Top Bottom