writers' strike

A

ajk112802

I don't know how to post a poll, but I was wondering if the strike effects what you are watching on TV.
I'm glad late night TV is back on (Daily Show, Colbert Report :D , Tonight Show, etc.) but I can't say I miss the sitcoms...

I don't know how to post a poll, but I was wondering if the strike effects what you are watching on TV.
I'm glad late night TV is back on (Daily Show, Colbert Report :D , Tonight Show, etc.) but I can't say I miss the sitcoms...

Yup, it effects me. No new Heroes for who know how long, and only a handful of new Lost episodes are ready to go (my two favorite shows). My name is Earl, The Office and Scrubs are also missing in my house.

Stewart and Colbert are at least back. Not a whole lot of difference, but you can tell they are less without their writers, but doing a decent job.

And don't get me started about the crap that they're calling "reality tv." Good God, have you seen some of the crap they're dishing out? I refuse to watch any of it!

Not affecting me.

MSNBC POLITICS has been exciting. Besides, CBS is moving Showtime's primetime shows over to CBS.

Weeds, Californication and Dexter rock.

Yeh doesn't bother me, most of my favorites shows are still on.....SPORTS, heheheh:D

It's kind of bugging me, but not too much. My favorite shows are Without A Trace, CSI, Shark, ER, Cold Case, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewivs and Private Practice. Some of them held a few new episodes back in case this thing dragged out like it has.

But it has helped in some ways too. I've been watching a few new series that might not have been on if there were new episodes of the regulars to show. The new Terminator series is pretty good as well as Fight Quest (on the discovery channel). I have been discovering several shows on the lesser watched cable networks that are really pretty good.

The other great thing about it is that the wife doesn't gripe when I want to watch a sporting event in the evening because the shows she wants to watch are all repeats anyway. :cool:

Except the Sarah Connor Chronicles: Terminator was a repeat this past week. I don't know if they were a victim of the writer's strike of if they decided to try and get more viewers by starting over.
Fight Quest is good. There was a similar show on last year.
Me, I'm waiting for Ice Road Truckers, Season 2. That was a great show.

Except the Sarah Connor Chronicles: Terminator was a repeat this past week. I don't know if they were a victim of the writer's strike of if they decided to try and get more viewers by starting over.

Love that show, hope it doesn't get delayed.

I think you are talking about Human Weapon. It was virtually the same show as Fight Quest just with different fighters. I liked it a little better than I do Fight Quest so far, but they are both very good. Terminator rocks though. I even watched the repeat this last week. I could watch Summer Geau(sp?) do just about anything for an hour.

Summer Glau was awesome in Firefly and Serenity. Her part in Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles seems a little robotic... ;)

summ.jpg

Grr..the show 24 should've been airing by now but no dice. That's about the only show I'm interested on.

I like Lost as well but its getting ridiculous with all the mysteries and unanswer questions.

Yeah she does seem a little robotic, but still smokin' hot! :growl:

Yeh smokin....cool show too, i hope it stays with the good story lines and doesn't just become a big special effects jumble of crap. So far i really like the show, i heard also that there are more Terminator movies planned for the near future, anyone know about this?

Yeh smokin....cool show too, i hope it stays with the good story lines and doesn't just become a big special effects jumble of crap. So far i really like the show, i heard also that there are more Terminator movies planned for the near future, anyone know about this?

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. We are looking at a summer 2009 release.
After the drastic effects of Terminator 3, the story continues as John Connor and soon to be wife Kate Brewster begin the creation of a resistance organization with Earth's remaining survivors against the army of cyborgs slowly being built up by Skynet. As they are building this resistance, one survivor happens to be a traitor in disguise, and has a secret that nobody would ever come to suspect.
terminator4.jpg

Now they're saying we may have a delay of the Fall Season as SAG is calling for an Actor's strike. Their contract negotiations have to be finalized by June 30 or they walk. Some shows, CSI etc, are AFTRA and not SAG so they could go on.

Back
Top Bottom