WSOP NASCAR

Turtle84

Hail Melon 🍉
If the World Series of Poker held a NASCAR Cup Series event who do y'all think would win the tournament?

My money is on HamBone he's a golfer and a thinking man's driver. I could picture him running a huge bluff on Logano heads up. Truex I could see doing well. Kyle Busch I think would blow up and it would be glorious, full Phil Hellmuth rant.

If the World Series of Poker held a NASCAR Cup Series event who do y'all think would win the tournament?

My money is on HamBone he's a golfer and a thinking man's driver. I could picture him running a huge bluff on Logano heads up. Truex I could see doing well. Kyle Busch I think would blow up and it would be glorious, full Phil Hellmuth rant.

I would be REAL careful about using Denny Hamlin and thinking in the same sentence. His only major shortcoming as a driver is that his brain shifts into neutral way too often.

Hamlin runs up front and gets paid to do it. Unfamiliar territory for some people.

Hamlin bungles pit road despite getting paid not to. All too familiar territory for him.

But that may be a good thing in poker, about which I know next to nothing.

He’s paid to run hard and win races.

Maybe he’s too aggressive on pit road... I really don’t know. Neither does anyone else here.

I mean Jimmy Spencer with that cigar looks like he'd play poker

I would be REAL careful about using Denny Hamlin and thinking in the same sentence. His only major shortcoming as a driver is that his brain shifts into neutral way too often.

Heard an NBCSN announcer refer to him as that once in pre-race. Credits.

Nah, I can rant for myself.

Step up your rant game?

Hellmuth and KB are actually quite similar it's funny, both highly accomplished at their craft, and both can act extremely childish at times. Hellmuth nickname is the "poker brat", KB is the mother of all brats in nascar.

Yes, there are many charity poker tournaments that take place in a wide range of businesses. This would be a really cool idea for NBCSN or FS1 to televise imo. Driver's sitting at the tables in their firesuits and hats, sponsor branding all over and commercials. Maybe benefit the winner's charity of choice for added incentive to play well. Even Owner's or Crew Chiefs could play. Make it a yearly anniversary of the event.

I would 100% watch just to see how they play.

Yes, there are many charity poker tournaments that take place in a wide range of businesses. This would be a really cool idea for NBCSN or FS1 to televise imo. Driver's sitting at the tables in their firesuits and hats, sponsor branding all over and commercials. Maybe benefit the winner's charity of choice for added incentive to play well. Even Owner's or Crew Chiefs could play. Make it a yearly anniversary of the event.

NASCAR was built on vices.

I've never been able to get into watching poker, whether on TV or live. Maybe I don't understand what I'm looking at. But if I don't find the pros entertaining, I don't think I'd enjoy amateurs either.

I've never been able to get into watching poker, whether on TV or live. Maybe I don't understand what I'm looking at. But if I don't find the pros entertaining, I don't think I'd enjoy amateurs either.

Unknowns aren't as fun to watch imo, especially pros. I would watch more for the bad play and to see how they interact with each other, who talks to who and what they say, Ford vs Toyota driver/owner/cc etc.

Sports betting and poker are still frowned upon in many circles.

Let’s ask Brian?

This has been done for charity many times. Not the WSOP but close enough.

I didn’t want to wade thru all that but if anyone did the heavy lifting were there any drivers who stood out as players?

Wassup Nascar?

First thing I thought when I read the title. Not a big poker player here.

That's actually a thing when someone's playing in hat and sunglasses indoors, but it's WaSOP'd.

I didn’t want to wade thru all that but if anyone did the heavy lifting were there any drivers who stood out as players?
Jeff Gordon did pretty good. Greg Biffle and Robby Gordon were decent also.

Back
Top Bottom