XX days of off-season on the wall...

K

KingGlamis

Let's use this thread for random off-season talk until Daytona gets here, and count down the days as they pass by...

95 days of off-season on the wall, 95 days of off-season...

I'll start the off-season chatter with I am really sad Roush let go 125 people today. That's not good and I hope they can all find jobs with other teams.

The first person to read this thread tomorrow, please continue the countdown with a 94 days post and let's keep it going each day. Thanks.

I fear what the truck series may look like come February.

For twitter users, check out #KurtBuschThanksgiving for a few laughs.

For twitter users, check out #KurtBuschThanksgiving for a few laughs.

Thanks, I think. I'm laughing so effing hard my stomach hurts and my wife thinks I'm crazy. Funniest shiznit I have read in a long time! :XXROFL:

Is that 95 days till the Daytona 500? Cause as far as I am concerned, the racing season in America starts with the ROLEX 24 hour Daytona Prototype race (Jan 28-29 50th Anniversary Edition), followed by NASCAR Speed Weeks, which includes the Bud Shootout, the Twin 125s, the Truck Race and the N'wide Race - in no particular order - followed by the 500. So actually, a reset would be something like 65 or 66 days - which is a LOT easier for me to accept!

3 months without racing is a coon's age!

Is that 95 days till the Daytona 500? Cause as far as I am concerned, the racing season in America starts with the ROLEX 24 hour Daytona Prototype race (Jan 28-29 50th Anniversary Edition), followed by NASCAR Speed Weeks, which includes the Bud Shootout, the Twin 125s, the Truck Race and the N'wide Race - in no particular order - followed by the 500. So actually, a reset would be something like 65 or 66 days - which is a LOT easier for me to accept!

3 months without racing is a coon's age!

My local dirt track just opened this month.....lookin forward to attending a few race nights

Is that 95 days till the Daytona 500? Cause as far as I am concerned, the racing season in America starts with the ROLEX 24 hour Daytona Prototype race (Jan 28-29 50th Anniversary Edition), followed by NASCAR Speed Weeks, which includes the Bud Shootout, the Twin 125s, the Truck Race and the N'wide Race - in no particular order - followed by the 500.

That's when my season begins as well.

Well then it will seem even shorter then. Bright side to everything.

Man yall are missing some great racing if your just gonna sit on the couch and wait for Febuary!
Coming up real soon is the Snowball Derby in Pensacola Florida 300 Lap Super Late Models! Dec 2-4

Then in January you have the Chili Bowl out in Tulsa Ok starts Jan 10 5 days of Wild Midget racing, wonder if Tony and Kasey will be there this year?

And of course there's Dirt Speedweeks at Volusia County Speedway Florida Feb 4th-13th ? AllStar Sprints, UMP Modifieds, DIRT Modifieds, Super Late Models and more.

At the same time there's the World Series of Asphalt racing at my home track New Symrna Speedway! Super Late Models, NASCAR Tour-Type Modifieds, Ltd Late Models, SK Modifieds, Crate Late Models, FL/IMCA Type Modifieds and Pro Trucks.

Me I'm looking forward to the so called "Off" season Woo Hoo :D

Man yall are missing some great racing if your just gonna sit on the couch and wait for Febuary!
Coming up real soon is the Snowball Derby in Pensacola Florida 300 Lap Super Late Models! Dec 2-4

Then in January you have the Chili Bowl out in Tulsa Ok starts Jan 10 5 days of Wild Midget racing, wonder if Tony and Kasey will be there this year?

And of course there's Dirt Speedweeks at Volusia County Speedway Florida Feb 4th-13th ? AllStar Sprints, UMP Modifieds, DIRT Modifieds, Super Late Models and more.

At the same time there's the World Series of Asphalt racing at my home track New Symrna Speedway! Super Late Models, NASCAR Tour-Type Modifieds, Ltd Late Models, SK Modifieds, Crate Late Models, FL/IMCA Type Modifieds and Pro Trucks.

Me I'm looking forward to the so called "Off" season Woo Hoo :D

Are these all even televised?

First line kinda infers you have to get off the couch if you want to see these, however there's usually a little coverage of the Chili Bowl on Speed.

I'll be at all of them execpt the Chili Bowl, busy that week and cant make it :(

First line kinda infers you have to get off the couch if you want to see these, however there's usually a little coverage of the Chili Bowl on Speed.

I'll be at all of them execpt the Chili Bowl, busy that week and cant make it :(

Some of us don't have the disposable income or time that it would take to take in all of these events otherwise.

Some of us don't have the disposable income or time that it would take to take in all of these events otherwise.

I get it, were all suppose to quit our jobs go ALL THE WAY to FLORIDA to watch this "racing"? mmmm ok:owquitit:

Ouch! I was just pointing out there is some racing going on during the off season :(
If you happen to get down this way check them out.

I'm gonna go lay out by the pool now and get one of the girls to bring me another rum n coke............I Love Florida!

Anyone who is a race fan needs to go to Fla for speed weeks at least once in their life. Daytona practices and the duels and series races are run during the day. New Smyrna has the world series running nights and there's Volusia for your dirt fix. All in the same week.

Only other thing I can add is coming back with a sunburn while wife and kids were snowed in for a couple of days can led to a tense situation..;)

I'm very concerned with the Truck Series as well. It would be a real shame if the best racing series in Nascar goes to the side. I blame guys like Harvick and Kyle Busch.

I'm very concerned with the Truck Series as well. It would be a real shame if the best racing series in Nascar goes to the side. I blame guys like Harvick and Kyle Busch.

If it were not for the Harvicks and Buschs they would already be gone

The trucks are my favorite class, and I will watch them even if there are no cup drivers in them. But I like the class a lot more when there are a few cup drivers racing.

Happy Thanksgiving all! Turned my alarm clock off and still woke up at 5am. Oh well, nice and quiet in the house.

93 days to go to the 500!

Happy Thanksgiving all! Turned my alarm clock off and still woke up at 5am. Oh well, nice and quiet in the house.

93 days to go to the 500!
You are lucky then. I never set an alarm clock unless I have a real early flight to catch out of Lax instead of Orange County, and I still wake up around 4:00am every morning. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the rest of the forum posters.:)

I'm lucky if my dog lets me sleep past 6:00. Today it was 5:45.

Last year I hosted Thanksgiving at my house so I was quite busy with final preparations. This year I can sit around in my underwear and watch Football till it's time to leave. Hell, I might even open a Holiday beer (or two!).

Enjoy the day! Happy Happy!

The cooking has begun. Bless my wife, only four of us here and she makes FOUR pies. LOL:D

Happy Holidays everyone, and stay away from shopping today. If you shop on Holidays, stores make people work for YOU when they should be home with their families.

Looking at some of those wake times makes me VERY happy to be self employed. 8:30 AM is my norm.

It's always weird the first couple weekends in the off season. I'm used to looking for practice on Friday.

Love this car and that she is with this team but I want the #7 on the car...:(

2012godaddysprintcup.jpg

Hard to have a rational conversation about Danica in cup without all the women haters jumping in . The comparison needs to be made with the way Penske handled Sam Hornish.Not enough Busch racing before moving to cup.I hope that they can bring Danica along in a better manner.

Hard to have a rational conversation about Danica in cup without all the women haters jumping in . The comparison needs to be made with the way Penske handled Sam Hornish.Not enough Busch racing before moving to cup.I hope that they can bring Danica along in a better manner.

I guess my wife is woman hater then. :owquitit: At our house we judge drivers by their results, not who they drive for or what gender they are. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt until I see how she does in Cup, but I don't expect to be impressed. Sure haven't been impressed with her Nationwide results. I put her in the same league as Sam Hornish, Jr., who had 108 Cup starts and only two top five finishes, then went back to a limited schedule in Nationwide this year. That proves right there that not all Indy car drivers can become competitive in Cup.

Danica gets way more NASCAR exposure than she deserves because she is a woman and was/is a pretty good Indy car driver. But I don't really blame her, I blame the media. When she races NASCAR we get several Danica updates no matter what position she is in. They didn't do that for Sam Hornish. They don't do it for Robby Gordon. Could say the same about many other drivers.

I say good luck to her. If she proves herself, fine. If she can't hang, well, I sure hope the media gets tired of her eventually.

As for Tony's decision to hire her, and I like Tony... He's probably banking on the fact that she can attain a sponsor and get a decent amount of media coverage. Could be a smart business decision.

She's got 20 +- races in NNW and showed improvement each week. Next year a full time ride with Jr in nnw and 8-10 races in cup with Tony.

Nope, she won't be another johnson or gordon but she'll be better than a lot of others out there. IMHO, YMMV

In addition to all the media attention she brings her own sponsor too, what's a car owner not to like?

She's got 20 +- races in NNW and showed improvement each week. Next year a full time ride with Jr in nnw and 8-10 races in cup with Tony.

Nope, she won't be another johnson or gordon but she'll be better than a lot of others out there. IMHO, YMMV

In addition to all the media attention she brings her own sponsor too, what's a car owner not to like?

Did a little more research on her. 10 years of racing in the USA in 8 different racing series' after a few years racing in the UK, and after all that, she only has ONE carreer win (not talking about karting). Granted, her one win was an IndyCar win, but those drivers don't "rub" like they do in NASCAR.

Again, I'm not bashing her, don't have anything against her, just think her record does not look that great.

91 days to the 500 folks. Since there is no NASCAR this weekend I think I'll clean the garage and work on my toys.

Back
Top Bottom