XXII Winter Olympics

So, everything of interest (besides hockey and curling) is tape-delayed on NBC Primetime where you have to try to stay awake through figure skating to watch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...arious-and-gross-hotel-experiences/?tid=sm_fb

How in the fuuuuuu did Sochi get the nod to host the games?

Between the appalling conditions, Sochi being completely and utterly unprepared despite having years to prepare, the likelihood of a terrorist attack and the Russian government rounding up and arresting people left and right for "propaganda" or "national security" or anything else they don't like, I just can't believe the IOC hasn't decided to call this off.

This is going to be a disaster.

Nobody watches the winter olympics anyway.

The whole thing is hilarious. What the hell was Russia thinking attempting to host this thing? What an embarrassment.

They can't figure out how to make their **** not contaminate their water.

The athleticism and competition of figure skating has always moved me.

sacha_split.jpeg

Simply the most disgusting and amazing thing I've seen from the Olympics yet. Apparently the plumbing system can't handle toilet paper?

BfpGUmiCIAA6ty2.jpg

Simply the most disgusting and amazing thing I've seen from the Olympics yet. Apparently the plumbing system can't handle toilet paper?

BfpGUmiCIAA6ty2.jpg
I actually had to work in an area like that for a few months. Of course it was in Jordon, where they don't use toilet paper. Felt sorry for the younger troops who got to duty (or doodie) of emptying the bucket every day.

Sochi and Russia must have paid a handsome sum of money under the table to win both the Winter Games and 2018 World Cup.

Then there's the World Cup in Brazil which is probably going to be a disaster as well. Rio 2016 will probably also be a cluster**** for no other reason than the fact that
Rio de Janeiro is hell on Earth.

I hope Baltimore-Washington gets the 2024 Olympics after this fiasco.

I'm dead serious, these games need to be cancelled. It's already bad enough - just wait until they actually get started and the Chechens launch attacks in Sochi. People are going to forget Munich ever happened.

Cannot wait to here the horror stories once these places are full of people. Not sure if I'm going to boycott them or not... I bet the Olympic committee doesn't pull this **** again.

On another note, course designers, atleast the slope style course at the Sochi Olympics, have no idea how to build one. Even in the X Games broadcast a couple weeks ago, "unfortunately you will not see a course like this in Sochi." It wasn't a joke or a jab, there wasn't any laughter.

Apparently not only will it look like ****, the physics aren't even correct. I don't expect anyone here to give a damn, but Shaun White withdrew due to the danger... Maybe I will boycott if These guys are so arrogant as to just toss **** together.

That was pathetic, that first responder may have been a fellow athlete.

Since he's not wearing one of those multi-colored jackets, I think you're right. Which means the actual medical people really did nothing other than have a brief chat with her, because the first responder did most of the talking and helped her to her feet (not to mention got there first).

So A+ to the (likely) fellow competitor, F-------- to the medical folks is how that shakes out, I believe. Glad it wasn't worse.

This is the most ill prepared Olympics I have ever seen. They had about 8 years to prepare for this and they act like they just realized they just realized they got the Olympics 8 minutes ago.

This is proving more troublesome than is worth.

Russia can rot.

This is the most ill prepared Olympics I have ever seen. They had about 8 years to prepare for this and they act like they just realized they just realized they got the Olympics 8 minutes ago.
This is proving more troublesome than is worth.

Russia can rot.
F1 is also racing a street circuit around the Olympic Park there in October. :flushed:

Back
Top Bottom