Yahoo Fantasy Racing Leagues - UPDATE

T

TN-Ward-Fan

First, thanks a ton to everyone who has already signed up. We're gonna have a blast.

The elimination league (Get Off My Asphalt) now stands at 21 players. Most are from this forum. Membership will be stopped at 37, so if you want in, better jump. I figure it'll fill up within a week, 10 days depending on how quick people sign up.

The regular league (Life In The Fast Lane) is at 16. Yahoo has a limit of 50, so there's plenty of room there if you're not daring enough for the elimination league.

If anyone still wants in, here's the info again. If you want to play, and need help signing up, email me at [email protected] or post your questions here. I'll be happy to help you get signed up. The leagues are free, by the way.

To join Life In The Fast Lane, create your team at Yahoo Fantasy Auto Racing, then click Join Private Group. At the prompt, enter Group ID # 2766, password nascar.

To join Get Off My Asphalt, create your team, then click Join Private Group. Group ID# for that one is 2762, password racing.

To join both, enter one, then go back to Fantasy Auto Racing home page, and join the other one.

People also run "Fans of" leagues, "Fans from" leagues, all kinds of stuff.

Hope to see this place fill up the leagues. And I'm STILL nagging Paul to join up...I think he's scared. :p

Okay, you talked me into joining both of them. It gave me the same team for the second league, but I'll be sure and edit it before the season starts. You gotta be easy on this old rookie! Hear me Lappy? :)

Originally posted by buckaroo
Okay, you talked me into joining both of them.  It gave me the same team for the second league, but I'll be sure and edit it before the season starts.  You gotta be easy on this old rookie!  Hear me Lappy?  :)

If you join multiple groups, you have the same team in all of them. Only way around it is to have another Yahoo ID.

I finally got signed in for both, thanks TWF for the invite

Coming down to last call for the elimination group. 11 spots left. Get in if yer gettin in.

Regular group is at 20, can go to 50, so no hurry there.

Thanks for the PM, TWF. Tried to send a response, but your box is full. I would like to join, but I really don't know how it works. I've never played any of these things. Any help would be appreciated.:satisfied

I changed my team name from 66mustang to 98 Ford Racing if anybody wants to know...

Hey all, just joined the elimination league. Since I am already registered in another league, it deferred to my other team's name which is Battery Pack. Just wanted to let you know who's arse you were kicking!

:)

Well, I figured I'd try the regular league. If I can figure it out, maybe next year I'll try the elimination league. BTW, I'm 24n48.

Majestyx, I'll be happy to give you a rundown on the rules if you want, answer any questions, etc. Email me.

Unsticking this. Thanks to all who signed up. There's still time for any who want in the regular group. The elimination group is all but full. 33 out of 37 spots taken, so it's now or never if you want that one.

Paul never did show up...chicken. :p

Jump right in. We need Junior fans to pick on. :takethat: :spiny: :xxrotf:

Originally posted by pbunch
I am in,But I don't know what league.:eek:

What did you name your team? I didn't see anything that just screamed pbunch at me in either one.

Glad to have you along, bud_stud!

Don't see that name in either group, pb.

Did you click on Join Private Group and enter the info?

The elimination group is now closed. If you wanted in and waited, hate it for ya.

The regular group, which will consist 100% of folks from this forum (except 4 family members, and they're all pretty cool too) is at 30. Not too shabby. Yahoo's limit is 50. Join that one if you like. Thanks to all who signed up.

TWF- When is the first deadline for setting the teams up?

Deadlines are always posted on the site by Yahoo. Usually it is the Thursday night before a Sunday race. It's always before qualifying. After qualifying, you can change drivers from reserve to active and vice versa, but you gotta pick from who you have set at the deadline.

Since Daytona has such a weird qualifying process, here's my advice. Pick a team before pole qualifying. Then if they let you change it until the deadline they have posted, go for it. But I'll have who I think I'll want by pole qualifying, just in case. Better safe than sorry. All other races, go by the deadline on the site, which is the night before qualifying. As I said, you can then move active/reserve based on qualifying if you want.

Man Group C is going to kind of suck this year, you had Jimmie Johnson and Mickey Waltrip last year but this year so far the best is Front Row Joe, this is going to make it harder this year.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Deadlines are always posted on the site by Yahoo.  Usually it is the Thursday night before a Sunday race.  It's always before qualifying.  After qualifying, you can change drivers from reserve to active and vice versa, but you gotta pick from who you have set at the deadline.

Since Daytona has such a weird qualifying process, here's my advice.  Pick a team before pole qualifying.  Then if they let you change it until the deadline they have posted, go for it.  But I'll have who I think I'll want by pole qualifying, just in case.  Better safe than sorry.  All other races, go by the deadline on the site, which is the night before qualifying.  As I said, you can then move active/reserve based on qualifying if you want.

Thanks for the response :)

Back
Top Bottom