Yea JG on Top Again!

J

JG fan

I knew it..he has about 4 more championships in him left... ;)

Originally posted by N2racin88@Oct 27 2003, 12:47 PM
This year will not be one of them.
Are you sure? You are the smart one :p Congrats on the win and the 18th back to back win as well!

Gordon ran a good race. Even without the caution I don't believe that Stewart could have passed him. The pit stop may have cost Tony the race but who knows, maybe not.

I will be pounced on for this but.......Harvick still has some 'growing up" to do. :rolleyes:

I am so happy for my jeffy. He ran a great race and I don't think that Tony would have be able to pass. I was up on the bad the last 17 laps and every time they came around I was saying "Go Jeff, Show me the money". I guess all the people that were talking about Robbie are going to have to eat crow tonight.

The thing that gets me is this..
1st place #24 Jeff Gordon Chevrolet DuPont 180/5 325 Running

2nd place #20 Tony Stewart Chevrolet Home Depot 180/10 325 Running

Why does tony get more points,even if he didnt win..? Whatever reason it is, its not logical to score more points to the second place driver than the first place driver..

Tony led the most laps I'm guessing. Jeff won the race, yes that gives him 175 points, add 5 more points for leading a lap. Totals to 180.

Tony led the most laps, 170 points add 10 points and finished 2nd. Totals to 180

Originally posted by Happy29@Oct 27 2003, 07:21 PM
Tony led the most laps I'm guessing. Jeff won the race, yes that gives him 175 points, add 5 more points for leading a lap. Totals to 180.

Tony led the most laps, 170 points add 10 points and finished 2nd. Totals to 180
This is exactly what I was talking about in the points thread here,too often IMO the 2nd place finisher gets 180 points by leading the most laps & therefore ties the winner of the race with 180 points,this is totally absurd IMO,shouldn't be able to happen at all. ;)

Big E Won most of his titles playing the "Points Game" and not necessarily winning races! I hate to see the winner not get the most points! I believe the system needs revamping!

Back
Top Bottom