Yeah another gimmick

mike honcho

Knuckleheads
I think they need to perfect the HD picture first.I've seen only a few HD shows that didn't mess up at some point or another.

Daytona race on July 3rd will be 3D for the First Time in NASCAR's history: NASCAR Media Group, a media, marketing and entertainment company, and Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., announced that NASCAR's first foray into 3D programming will take place on July 3, 2010 with a special presentation of the Coke Zero 400 powered by Coca-Cola. The 3D production, NASCAR's first ever, will be made available through TNT RaceBuddy on NASCAR.com as well as through DIRECTV, and will complement a special television presentation on TNT, highlighted by the network's groundbreaking signature Wide Open format. NASCAR.COM will feature 3D feeds for the Daytona race in addition to the mosaic of HD-quality complementary unique camera angles available on TNT RaceBuddy throughout the six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races televised on TNT. Turner will also make the Sprint Cup Series race from Daytona International Speedway available in 3D through DIRECTV. In order to experience the event in 3D, viewers will need a 3D TV or PC display with matching 3D glasses. The 3D production will feature two custom racing feeds produced specifically for 3D. The first will provide a unique look at the racing action from strategically placed cameras around the track designed to maximize the effect of 3D. The second stream will bring the mayhem of pit row into the third dimension creating a one-of-a-kind visual experience. TNT's televised coverage of the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona continues with live race coverage in its groundbreaking signature Wide Open format. This format is a television presentation in which the network provides continuous race coverage free of national commercial breaks and features more unobstructed race action than that of a standard telecast by using a letterbox widescreen format. Along with title sponsor Coke Zero, featured sponsors-to-date are Burger King, Coors Light, Dimension Films' Piranha 3D, Goodyear, Sprint, Subway and Toyota.(TNT/NASCAR)(6-21-2010)

They keep adding these HD programs and movies, but I don't see the great demand for it. There are still a lot of people that don't even have HD yet.

They keep adding these HD programs and movies, but I don't see the great demand for it. There are still a lot of people that don't even have HD yet.

HD is great WHEN it works right.Direct TV's HD service seems to be going downhill lately.Will never try Comcrap or Dish ever again.

I had issues with my HD reception at first through DirecTV but not for quite a while now. Yes, there are many out there that don't have HD sets yet but there are many that do. IMO you can't beat sports in HD.

From what I understand the 3-d tv requires you to wear 3-d glasses. Great, I can't find the remotes half the time and now I've got to expand my search for glasses too???

We have a very nice LCD tv that is equiped for HD,but we do not actually have HD. go figure lol

I can't imagine trying to watch a race in 3D. 5 hours of that crap?!? Give me a break!

how does a race appear in 3d anyway the cars just constantly coming out of the screen at you? On the upside if they show Larry in the pits those who hate him can pretend your kicking him:growl:

From what I understand the 3-d tv requires you to wear 3-d glasses. Great, I can't find the remotes half the time and now I've got to expand my search for glasses too???

SST, I hadn't thought of that. ROTFL

And, some docs think that wearing 3D glasses for too long a time is not a good thing.

I just wish I could find one remote that controled everything, best I could find only ran the dvd and tv, both Sony's. Seperate remotes for the dvr and another for the surround system.

Woe be unto you should you place one remote on top of another and a unknown button gets pressed. Then you need to find a 8 year old to get things straightened out.:)

I just wish I could find one remote that controled everything, best I could find only ran the dvd and tv, both Sony's. Seperate remotes for the dvr and another for the surround system.

Woe be unto you should you place one remote on top of another and a unknown button gets pressed. Then you need to find a 8 year old to get things straightened out.:)
Logitech Harmony

I'd love to see the race in 3D. Hell, I'd settle for HD.

I have an HDTV but basic cable. I can get the local networks in HD over the air, but the races are no longer on ABC so there's no point (maybe for the Ravens games since they're all on WJZ).

Ive tried using that Race Buddy before and it sucks. It keeps freezing and had an advertisement every time you switch camera angles. They may have fixed it but it used to suck big time.

There are things that, just because you can doesn't mean you should. Take the silly holographic stuff that CNN did during the election. DUMB. Now NASCAR in 3D? Dumb again.

We have a very nice LCD tv that is equiped for HD,but we do not actually have HD. go figure lol

I can't imagine trying to watch a race in 3D. 5 hours of that crap?!? Give me a break!

I'm in the same boat...Lol
And I couldn't imagine wathching five hours of 3 D with glasses on either!

There are things that, just because you can doesn't mean you should. Take the silly holographic stuff that CNN did during the election. DUMB. Now NASCAR in 3D? Dumb again.

Exactly, they think adding all kinds of graphics will make it better but it's not gonna change the racing any. All I need is the cars on screen with a crawl running order at the top of the screen and I'm happy.

If I need to see the race in 3D, I'll fly to Daytona. One or two adult beverages with the guys during the race and it already looks like 4D to me anyway.
There is too much emphasis these days on 3D, HD, CGI, etc.
3D+HD+CGI=WTF :D

Back
Top Bottom