Yer on a deserted island...

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Okay, now that I've got your attention, here's the question. You are on a deserted island and you've got one radio with enough batteries to last for only one race. You've got a six pack of your favorite beverage and a couple of hot dogs to boot. In front of you is the schedule for the races. You know you are going to be there for a full season, so you won't be able to view or hear any other races than this one and you won't be able to view it either. What race are you going to choose? As much as we have been griping about the Daytona 500 and that it's a plate race that we don't like, I would still have to make that my number one choice. You never know til the end who's gonna win.

Probably the Bristol night race. Actually, either Bristol race. I guess it wouldn't matter which one, huh? :D

I'd have to go with the 600 at Lowes' in May, seeing how it is the longest race and usually full of surprises. Daytona is a great track,but because i dispise plate racing i wouldn't choose it.;)

Here's a big question for you all. Since you will only be listening to the race on the radio, what difference would it make if it were a night race? Oh, I get it, you want to listen to it under the stars. Okay! :D

That's was why I recanted about it being either one...;) :D .

But of course, sitting under the stars drinking a Miller Lite, eating a Ballpark, wishing Jamie Pressley was sitting next to me.......life doesn't get any better than that.

Any chance of McGyvering that radio into a cell phone? And who can I have come with me? These are the real questions:eek:

The Bristol night race, or the Daytona 500... either one, doesn't matter... maybe I can "McGyver" some tool to charge up the batteries....lol!

I wonder how many of you actually listen to racing rather than watching it. Since I normally work on Saturday's, I listen to the Busch races on the radio. On Sunday's, I have both the radio and the TV on and when there is a commercial on TV, I switch to the radio. Hate it when they are also in commercial.

Mine whoudl have to be proably a race at Dover. I really lie that track and it mixes the best of short track and cookie cutters...
If I had enoguth for 2 races the Indy 500 whoudl be the other race

It would be hard to choose but I think The Bristol night race would win.

The Southern 500.

I listen to MRN usually. Depending on weather etc, I might have it on TV or I might be outdoors. MRN beats Jaws to death.

I would watch the last part of the Daytona 500, and the last half of the race at Night Bristol!!

It would be pretty hard to choose. Problebly Bristol Or Daytona 500 or Darlington. I would have to flip a coin or something.:)

Way back when you couldn't see a race on TV live, I lived in an area that also wouldn't carry the races on the radio. Every now and then, most definately with a race that was big, they would carry the race. I loved listening to those old races. I didn't care for David Pearson and rooted for the King, Richard Petty. Those were the only two drivers that really meant anything to me for I didn't care about all the other ones. But I do so remember listening to those races when I could.

I would save my batteries and lisstion to the end of all the races and keep a rung score of the points my self.

I would listen to the last 10 minutes of most of the races. since I would have nothing else to do I would figure out how many races I could listen to like that without the batteries going dead. Then look at the schedule and pick my favorite tracks.

Back
Top Bottom