Yesterdays Qualifying

H

Highboy90

Boards are slow so figured I'd start a thread and make a few comments. I'll keep my list to 10. (notice I left some of my favs out)

• Ryan Newman [1]- Team and car are running strong. Liked him last year. Think we'll see alot of him this year.
  • Bill Elliott [2] - Does anybody want to see Bill do badly? Great qualifying run.
  • Jimmy Spencer [5] - Now there is a surprise. Go Jimmy!
  • Ward Burton [12] - Cat Skid Steer Loader!
  • Greg Biffle [20] - Glad he made the field this time.
  • Brett Bodine [25] - Limited races. Hope he gets a good run.
  • Jeff Gordon [30] - Some times you got it. Some times you don't.
  • Sterling Marlin [34] - Expected to see him do better.
  • Dale Earnhardt Jr. [37] - Welcome to provisional land. Once again, Mikey looks better.
  • Kyle Petty [38] - Provisional start. Nothing new for Petty.

My own 10 comments, in no particular order...

Kyle Petty [38] - finished in the top 15 in both races here last year, so don't count him out.
Ward Burton [12] - average finish of under 10 here in the last two years.
Bill Elliott [2] - won the pole here last year, but never led a lap and then crashed out.
Ricky Craven [22] - finished 5th in this race last year, and was running 2nd in fall 2001 when the transmission broke. He'll be one to watch.
Joe Nemechek [13] - between him and Jerry Nadeau, the 25 car has four top-5s in the last five races here.
Dale Jr. [37] - had the slowest qualifying time of anybody; that team had their work cut out for today.
Jeff Green [28] - in desperate need of a good finish to get his season back on track.
John Andretti [19] - crashed out of both races here last year; it would be a moral victory for him to just finish the race in one piece.
Ricky Rudd [21] - the Wood Brothers have more wins than any other team at Atlanta, but none since 1993 (with Morgan Shepard).
Kevin Harvick [17] - finished 1st and 3rd here in 2001; blew engines in both races last year. Which side will we see today?

Originally posted by stridsberry@Mar 9 2003, 09:58 AM
My own 10 comments, in no particular order...

Kyle Petty [38] - finished in the top 15 in both races here last year, so don't count him out.
OH THANKS!!! That made me feel better!! I am not the only one who thinks that!!

Back
Top Bottom