Yew two can bee a jernelist

H

HardScrabble

I love what the internet offers in information and interaction with race fans around the country and the globe. But the proliferation of racing webstes has spawned writers of questionable caliber. Just the opening of this article, but the word is "tainted" Unless maybe he's working a play on tainted and taunted, but I don't think so.

Taunted wins

Casey Foran -- TR Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time Michael Waltrip has gone to victory lane, his wins have been taunted in some way. Either by fans, media, or even death. This weekend at the Pepsi 400, a lot of the fans said that Waltrip's win was taunted because of the yellow and checkered flag finish.

Interesting,HS.That reminds me of my daughters first grade teacher last year that insisted we send various school supplies....including "one vanilla envelope"!Seriously.

Kind of sad.

HS, that's pretty bad. 'fraid there are a lot of 'em out there too

Was that a "plain vanilla envelope" 97?

I prefer mine with hot fudge!!!:D

We got a letter at the end of the school year from the school encouraging us to enroll our 9 year old in a summer reading program. The letter listed the various BENIFITS that would surely follow her if she just read a book a WEKE over the summer VACATIONING. I circled the numerous spelling and grammar mistakes and returned the letter with a note at the bottom asking if they themselves had participated in the program. I did not get a reply, nor did we enroll her.

This post is the best! You guys are cracking me up, best way to start the day. :)

I have seen a few of these situations before.:p well, maybe its not funny:rolleyes:

I am a "contract consultant" and once received a bid from a relatively large construction firm for 12 million dollar project. After listing many successful project completions and corporate achievements the cover letter concluded with following:

"Needles to say, our record of effigy in the construction industry is unparalled."

I had to go look that up to be sure I got it right> :)

We're hiring for a new Staff Assistant, and some of the stuff I've gotten from applicants is hysterical. The most typical:

"RE: Staff Assitant Job"

Hmm, are you an assitant waiting to happen or does your assitant a chair?

I work for a television station, and let me tell you, it is scary (not funny, but scary) some of the things that are written for broadcast. Since MOST of it is spelling related, it sounds correct on the air, and the only people that get to see how bad it is are the folks using closed-captioning.

The next time you are watching local news, turn on the closed captioning - you will be amazed....

And these are professional journalists.....

*cringe*

As a former English/Language Arts teacher, I get down-right crazy at times at the misspelled words. I've called billboard companies and complained. I call businesses that put up "Congradulations, graduates".

My principal always sent newsletters to me for proof-reading before sending them home. I had him trained. Unfortunately, the district office didn't do the same, and embarrassed themselves on numerous occasions.

My pet peeves --- "their, there, they're"

well lets see

hows calpping spelled?

I thought it was clapping!

:calpping:

Hey, TRL. My mom was an English teacher for more than 30 years. I was an English major in college. I knew I liked you for a good reason! ;)

TRL, it always bugs the feces out of me when they conGRADulate someone for graduating too. I thought I was the only one...

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Was that a "plain vanilla envelope" 97?

I prefer mine with hot fudge!!!:D

I like mine with nuts and melted marsh mellow! :D

Ward Fan, high 5, friend. Last April, the signs started appearing and I started calling. Bet I called 15 businesses around here.

The bad thing, I have to call them every year. Duh.

TRL........I notice the "there, their, and they're" a lot everywhere. I mean in the newpaper on news web sites and such. But, in addition to that I see a lot of "then" when "than" would be the word to use!! I'm no English major and I'm certainly no literary genius. I'm an electrician for Petes sake!! But, back in my day we did get an inkling of English, spelling and sentence structure!! I make my mistakes but it "ain't" my job to be correct either!!:D This is a funny thread!!:)

and punctuation:mad: or lack thereof.

We ALL need a spellcheck on this forum, cus I like to add an e lots of times where is doesn't belong.

hehehe congradulations on this post and purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady
I wish there was such a thing as grammar check!  ROTFL

wish there was 2

ain't it wierd

where ya at

dangling participles are we?? why not

A grammar check would wipe out 95% of the posts. Including this one, I'm sure.

It would have hated that last "sentence".

Back
Top Bottom