YF Group - racing-forums.com - NRA 500

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
The Top 10 heading into Texas are.....

Martinsville_Results.jpg

Deadline to select your drivers is Apr 12 5:00am EDT

I can't get out of my own way this segment. I need a string of 300+ point weeks to even get close to the top 20.

Well no A list drivers made it to the top five , but I'll bet there are a few at the finish.:D

I got ten points and maintained my nine point advantage. YeeeeHaw.:D

I finished the worst I have ever finished. This is the end. Im sure of that.

Biffle and Edwards got a break on the caution towards the end and really helped me out.

I dropped to second by 26 points, still well ahead of the ones behind me though.

Finally had the kind of day that I needed to get me back into the mix of things. But then again, I've had solid weeks the past five races. It was the first two weeks that hurt me.

I think I'll take 10 minutes today and do all my picks for the rest of the year as I don't see how I could do any worse. Save some time, effort and not be botherd with it anymore until February 2014.

As I look back at my grand plan to take Kyle out and slide Junior in because everyone else had Kyle ,Iwonder how anyone could be so stupid.

As I look back at my grand plan to take Kyle out and slide Junior in because everyone else had Kyle ,Iwonder how anyone could be so stupid.

ah yes, I had a touch of brilliance myself. I picked the dark horse brothers, Kyle, Kurt...37th and the wrong Ford, Stenhouse 40th. I feel your pain.

ah yes, I had a touch of brilliance myself. I picked the dark horse brothers, Kyle, Kurt...37th and the wrong Ford, Stenhouse 40th. I feel your pain.
You see , my theory is that if you go against the crowd , you can make big gains ;trouble is , you can lose even bigger.:(

For everyone who thinks they are doing miserably, here are my stats:

Daytona: .......134
Phoenix: .......215
Vegas: ..........254
Bristol: .........347
California: ...228
Martinsville: 241
Texas: ..........228
TOTAL: .......1,647

At the beginning of the season, I spent a couple of hours compiling a bunch of driver stats, putting them in a journal by average finish at each track, and determining which drivers I would pick at which track. I just tore up the paper full of driver numbers and threw it away. Starting today for all of my A and B picks except Jeff (I'm sticking with him for certain races), I plan on putting driver numbers in a bag by group and picking them at random. I can't possibly finish worse by doing that instead of how I've been picking drivers.

For everyone who thinks they are doing miserably, here are my stats:

Daytona: .......134
Phoenix: .......215
Vegas: ..........254
Bristol: .........347
California: ...228
Martinsville: 241
Texas: ..........228
TOTAL: .......1,647

At the beginning of the season, I spent a couple of hours compiling a bunch of driver stats, putting them in a journal by average finish at each track, and determining which drivers I would pick at which track. I just tore up the paper full of driver numbers and threw it away. Starting today for all of my A and B picks except Jeff (I'm sticking with him for certain races), I plan on putting driver numbers in a bag by group and picking them at random. I can't possibly finish worse by doing that instead of how I've been picking drivers.

well at least I've got more points (1659) than somebody . . .

I think a lot of people got burned by picking Ku Busch.

I haven't felt comfortable enough to pick him yet. He's just up and down...you never know what kind of day he is going to have. He usually either has a crappy car or crappy luck.

I have noticed that people seem to be keeping up with the game so far. I mean, only 3% of the people have Denny Hamlin on their team.

Just as good as any other method.
Wait just a darn minute, last year when you were ahead it was, Its all Skill Plain and Simple, My superior knowledge and picking technique came through once again, etc etc Et freakin cetera. :p

Wait just a darn minute, last year when you were ahead it was, Its all Skill Plain and Simple, My superior knowledge and picking technique came through once again, etc etc Et freakin cetera. :p
Mine is the exception. It is all skill and careful planning. I really thought that I need to tone it down this year and give the rest of you a chance. I'm afraid that if I win every year interest in the game will wane to the point that I'll be the only one playing. It will become obvious to you all when I decide to start to apply my fail-safe methodology of making my picks. o_O

Mine is the exception. It is all skill and careful planning. I really thought that I need to tone it down this year and give the rest of you a chance. I'm afraid that if I win every year interest in the game will wane to the point that I'll be the only one playing. It will become obvious to you all when I decide to start to apply my fail-safe methodology of making my picks. o_O
Okay let me think of just two words that is an appropriate response, oh yeah. Horse Sh!t, while giggling hysterically. :D

Back
Top Bottom