YF Group - racing-forums.com - Richmond 400

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
There's a new sheriff in town this week..... again. 'wilkesboro moonshiners' takes top honors over 'Team IDKS' leading into week #9 @ Richmond. Lot's of new blood in the top 10 this week as many are making their run to the front. Well, there sure as heck isn't room up there for all of us so do your homework and you too can battle it out with the likes of the 'wilkesboro moonshiners' & 'Team IDKS'. Legends of this game. In their own mind, that is. ;)

The Richmond 400..... Kinda an old school name for a race. No sponsor? Anyone want to take a guess as to how long it's been since this race track didn't have a sponsor for a Cup race?
smiley-think004.gif

Deadline to select your drivers is Apr 27 5:00am EDT

I'm was about to fire up my new nitro methane powered crystal ball. Then the Knuten Valve poped a ring seal.

Guess I will have to shoot from the hip again this week.
Don't forget to check your muffler bearings and blinker fluid.

Don't forget to check your muffler bearings and blinker fluid.

I love it when I can get some kid with that one.

My favorite by far: "Hey kid, goto the trailer and get us that 6x2 board stretcher."

I have seen guys out in a trailer for 30 minutes before they figure that out.

When I was about thirteen my Dad sent me to the local part store to pick up a "Left Handed Monkey Wrench" took a loooong time to live that one down :(

When I was about thirteen my Dad sent me to the local part store to pick up a "Left Handed Monkey Wrench" took a loooong time to live that one down :(

Who knew it was so easy to get rid of you? ;)

I always liked the chrome muffler bearing, tire lube and the finnigan pin.

A great memory none the less. ;)

Yep lots of good times working in the shop with dad and the guys when I was a kid, always something going on with that bunch of characters. Worked on race cars all week long and went racing Friday Saturday and Sunday what else could a kid ask for. I could fill a couple pages with the shenanigans that went on :laugh:
Nothing like today, now it's a business.

There will be some interesting storylines to follow this week. Can Denny build upon the confidence that came with winning last week and double down on his home track? Will Truex use the frustration of finishing second in a race he dominated to squeeze out a win? Will the Penske cars overcome their "bugs" and show some resurgence? Will Eddie Haskell or Pee Wee resurface? Can we finally get beyond the "Who will get the 200th HMS win?" question?

I know one thing for sure. Saturday Night under the lights at a short track is gonna be fun to watch!

Also, I just saw this.....

Richmond International Raceway gets a sponsor for Saturday's Cup Race! Will be called "Capital City 400 Presented by Virginia Is For Lovers"

There will be some interesting storylines to follow this week. Can Denny build upon the confidence that came with winning last week and double down on his home track? Will Truex use the frustration of finishing second in a race he dominated to squeeze out a win? Will the Penske cars overcome their "bugs" and show some resurgence? Will Eddie Haskell or Pee Wee resurface? Can we finally get beyond the "Who will get the 200th HMS win?" question?

I know one thing for sure. Saturday Night under the lights at a short track is gonna be fun to watch!

Funny I just said the same thing to the wife . Here you have a track that Kyle has aced for years , but.. he isn't running that well . He has the same equipment as Hamlin who won last week , but Hamlin is the one with the momentum. MWR isn't a perennial favorite at Richmond but they are hot right now. And where the heck is Edwards ? Making a pick is going to be tough.

I'm picking Kyle, Clint, Dinger, and the worst trash I can find from the D bracket to kick all u alls asses at richmond.

I have yet to decide who will be on my roster.

I can't do much worse than I have done so far, so...

I'm picking Kyle, Clint, Dinger, and the worst trash I can find from the D bracket to kick all u alls asses at richmond.
I gotta say MOEJOE. If you have been playing & relying on a member from your 'D' bracket then I think I see your problem. o_O Just a joke..... Take it like a man! There is no 'D' bracket.

I gotta say MOEJOE. If you have been playing & relying on a member from your 'D' bracket then I think I see your problem. o_O Just a joke..... Take it like a man! There is no 'D' bracket.

I run into enough D's around here to start one. D bracket gets an identity.

It takes just as much skill to purposely try to get the lowest score as the highest score. Actually, a league where the lowest score wins would be fun. The only rule would be that you aren't allowed to have anyone in your lineup that is not entered. If you do, you are kicked out of the league.

It takes just as much skill to purposely try to get the lowest score as the highest score. Actually, a league where the lowest score wins would be fun. The only rule would be that you aren't allowed to have anyone in your lineup that is not entered. If you do, you are kicked out of the league.

Still trying to make 21st place work for ya'? ;)

This makes me realize that no matter how you slice it, you suck at this game. :p

I wonder what will happen, Richmond's in trouble. They haven't sold out their best sections -- not even close. I'm guessing they'll do what they did in 2008, dump off their tickets to vendors and claim to sell 86,000+ seats.

BTW, I won't be there. Work will, once again, be keeping me from the race. Our photographer, who was supposed to cover for me, has to go out of town this weekend for an emergency and now I have to cover for him. It's probably going to save me a lot of gas mileage though since I'm still driving my father's van which gets a whopping 11 MPG highway.

Hasn't the Richmond race been known as the Virginia is for Lovers 400 several times before?

I'll take your word on the cool factor of going backwards, since you've had more experience. ;)
Boy, that really takes some of those old brain cells to remember that far back. I haven't had to experience going in that direction in quite some time. My heart goes out to ya but seriously Fender, not one stinking point in qualifying? It would be one thing if I were to beat you as a result of the finishing order of our picks but qualifying points. I may have to let you have a slight advantage this week so you don't go into some sort of deep depression at the conclusion of tonight's race? I should probably just activate all 4 of my bench players. On second thought, that may not be enough to help you out either. I'm just glad that you reside in a place where you can receive all of the help you need. :D

I got sent to the lumber yard for a "board stretcher." The worst part is that the guys at the counter and the other customers all played along. I think I was 15 at the time. I effing hated going into that place after that.

Boy, that really takes some of those old brain cells to remember that far back. I haven't had to experience going in that direction in quite some time. My heart goes out to ya but seriously Fender, not one stinking point in qualifying? It would be one thing if I were to beat you as a result of the finishing order of our picks but qualifying points. I may have to let you have a slight advantage this week so you don't go into some sort of deep depression at the conclusion of tonight's race? I should probably just activate all 4 of my bench players. On second thought, that may not be enough to help you out either. I'm just glad that you reside in a place where you can receive all of the help you need. :D

lol Your *just for robby* on a roll. 2 weeks of Q-eggs are real bad. 3 weeks ago, I started making backup picks based on trying to get qualifying points. The experiment didn't work, and it killed my choices for race day. This week, I went back to basics. If it doesn't work, I may retire early and spend my long days painting scratch and sniff wall murals.

Got my one point in Qualifying and all my drivers in the Top 20.....now just to get them to Finish!

Back
Top Bottom