YO ANDY ! DANICA IS IN.

I bet he hates that she has twice as many twitter followers as any of the past champions.

If I knew Danica had a real shot to beat Jr. In most pop voting, I would vote for her just to see someone different win it

When Danica replaces JR for fan favorite of the year the haters will be committing suicide. :eek:

I was just thinking about that this morning. I wonder who would win if both Dale Jr. and Danica were both up in the Open.

If I knew Danica had a real shot to beat Jr. In most pop voting, I would vote for her just to see someone different win it

Hopefully, Sprint will pressure NASCAR into allowing their phone customers to vote the winner next year. They can reveal the vote results during the last segment, then order the 20+ cars in front of her to immediately wreck each other.

I never really wanted to see Danica leave Indy car and come to Nascar but I also knew that it would be the best decision financially that she could make. She has been here long enough now that she should be doing better then she is. Last night all she did was run around in the back like she wasn't even trying to improve. I don't know if she is intimidated by these guys, or if she just can't drive these cars, or if she is just in love right now and doesn't have her head in the game. I hope it's love because that will fade in time and maybe she will improve. But if she doesn't improve then I hope she will take her money and forget anything she has tried to learned here and go back to Indy car where she could have a chance to actually run good and win races... especially the Indy 500. Maybe my feeling is a little bias because I liked her a lot more when she was leading the Indy 500 giving them boys a run for their money, then I do now watching her run around in the back of the pack.

Nitro did you ever think that she knew she couldn't keep up and dident want to screw someone of a million? Maybe she was using THIS race as a shakedown for next week. Getting a feel for the track, seeing of the car will react. She came out of the race last night with fenders intact, that could be why tony dropped back to give her some seat time racing someone so she could see how that would work out racing another hard charging car.

Nitro did you ever think that she knew she couldn't keep up and dident want to screw someone of a million? Maybe she was using THIS race as a shakedown for next week. Getting a feel for the track, seeing of the car will react. She came out of the race last night with fenders intact, that could be why tony dropped back to give her some seat time racing someone so she could see how that would work out racing another hard charging car.
You could be right, but If they were that far back then they probably didn't have anymore of a chance at the million then she did. I just feel that she was a much better open wheel driver then she will ever be in these cars. But I have always liked Danica and I hope she proves me wrong and can step up to the task. But if she doesn't in the next few years then I would rather see her back where she had some success.

Give her time. She is still the new kid on the block. Everyone is expecting great things from her in such a short time. She may have been good in other racing but remember that NASCAR is a different ball of wax. So much pressure has been placed on her and I am sure pressure from herself to do great things. I still say give it time she will either be a good racer or go down in flames either way give her a chance as we have given other drivers.

It wasnt fair with just 22 cars. Give her a 43 car feild and 500 miles worth of wave arounds and she gets a consistent top 31 finish (12 spots better than last, and better than being 20th of 22).

The wave arounds will bring her to within 2 laps, and at 400 miles her unraced car is still a virgin, and ready to mix it up with the other cars running worse than 30th.

All of her performances may have been dismal failures , but the one thing that shuts the haters up and confounds long time Nascar fans like myself is her twelfth place finish at Martinsville . Arguably the toughest track to drive on the circuit and one where driver skill is more important than horsepower . The list of chase drivers that finished behind her is impressive . Winning a plate race ,a rain shortened race , or a fuel mileage race won't impress me as much as that 12th place run in her rookie year.

All of her performances may have been dismal failures , but the one thing that shuts the haters up and confounds long time Nascar fans like myself is her twelfth place finish at Martinsville . Arguably the toughest track to drive on the circuit and one where driver skill is more important than horsepower . The list of chase drivers that finished behind her is impressive . Winning a plate race ,a rain shortened race , or a fuel mileage race won't impress me as much as that 12th place run in her rookie year.
I was pretty impressed with her finish at Martinsville also. I don't put much faith in what haters ever say because they usually have an alternative motive other then the real truth.

You could be right, but If they were that far back then they probably didn't have anymore of a chance at the million then she did. I just feel that she was a much better open wheel driver then she will ever be in these cars. But I have always liked Danica and I hope she proves me wrong and can step up to the task. But if she doesn't in the next few years then I would rather see her back where she had some success.
I agree. At least in IndyCar she could compete for podiums a few times a year. My bet is ultimately she winds up doing what Franchitti did and try to have success in open-wheel again.

I agree. At least in IndyCar she could compete for podiums a few times a year. My bet is ultimately she winds up doing what Franchitti did and try to have success in open-wheel again.

Nah, all the money is in NASCAR. She says in stock car racing for the paycheck.

Nah, all the money is in NASCAR. She says in stock car racing for the paycheck.
You might be right. There's obviously a huge difference in purses. But I'm sure she still made a killing off of endorsements in IndyCar though.

She made 12 million last year and she wasn't full time. Even giving uncle sugar half, and various other expenses taking some, that is a nice paycheck. Jeff Gordon is really flush with his long running career. That is a big plus with Nascar drivers, if they stay in the limelight for a long time, they have a long period of big money. I think if Danica's money starts fading, we will be seeing her laying around on car hoods in a bikini.

Back
Top Bottom