You just gotta love him!!

D

DE Wrangler 2

Tony: "that car was a piece of *bleep*"!! :ROFLMFAO:

I love the loud bleep. It was a good idea not interviewing him live!

No pulling punches (No Pun intended) Smoke tells it like it is.

You'd think they'd learn to respect his wishes. Then again, it was classic!

if I weren't a Gordon fan, I surely would be a Stewart fan............think i will just add him to my list of favorite drivers........:D he's ok in my book...................

good for you Tony for speaking your mind..........:)
:D

I can't say i blame him for what he said.. I love seeing people on TV talking like real people:)

Originally posted by Zekk
I can't say i blame him for what he said..  I love seeing people on TV talking like real people:)

ME TOO.................:D

I agree too, Zekk. Besides, they can't say they didn't know what to expect when he opened his mouth. I mean.....sheeeesh.....they knew how ticked he had been about that car all day long.

Certainly is one way to get the tv guys to leave ya alone after a race.:p

vintage tony stewart...............at least he didn't punch anyone...............lol,lol

Yes he kept other people safe, just had a bad mouth. Oh well, humans are humans, we all make mistakes.

I can't blame Tony. People should know better than to interview someone right away after having such a bad day and a horrible car. I would have said something much worse like an f word or two and feel that Tony was just being a human. But I loved the beep, like nobody knows what he said. :rolleyes:

If Tony isn't in victory lane he probably doesn't want to talk to the media.

It's true though, that's Tony Stewart's nature. He's not here to finish 2nd or 14th, he's there to win. Just be careful when he gets out of the car when he doesn't.

They knew DARN well what mood he was in, they just want to put it on tv for some reason. If your gonna fine anyone, NBC can fine the producer for putting the interview on air :p

Most drivers are there to win, any reaction like that wouldn't surprise me if they didn't win the race. I'm surprised how calm some drivers are after going out.

Sometimes I wish Jeff Gordon would show that kind of fire about what he does. But, he does do a marvelous job of controlling himself. I do feel it is a maturity issue, but Tony has a lot of fans because of this kind of thing. To each his own. I do think the TV people should have used better judgement. Tony should be able to control himself, but since they know he can't they should back off in that situation.

Jeff was showing a little fire on Sunday with Rusty!:)

From what I hear tell he was maybe even more fiery on the radio with the team than he was on the track. Jeff has made a concious decision to present a polished image to the world and it indisputably works for him. It will not work for everyone.

There is plenty of juice behind that mask. IMHO

Originally posted by JarrettFan
It's called 'self-control".:)

Would you have self-control after wrecking a car, when you knew you could do real well?

I don't know if I would Ciggie. I know there are many more drivers out there that do have self control. I know it's not impossible to have self control. You don't see many of the other drivers running off to there motor coaches everytime something doesn't go their way.

I tell you what though Ciggie. I sure as heck would love to have the opportunity to try it and see. Please don't get me wrong. I like Tony a lot and think he is a breath of fresh air to NASCAR. I like the fact that when he is interviewed he acts like a human and not some sponsors billboard. Tony is probably my third favorite driver.

However, I get more than a little ticked at him when he has to act like a 2yr old spoiled brat. I wish he would look in the mirror and just see what a lucky person he is. To be doing a job he absolutely loves. I wish he would change shoes with me or anyone else on this board for one year. Maybe he would see just what he really has. How fortunate he is!

I agree with some of your points JarrettFan. There are times when you have to exercise some control with the media, but I know I would personally hate having a microphone shoved in my face after a bad day. Most times I'd try to control myself but sometimes I'm sure I'd act like a 2 year old.

As would I. But, that is the life he chose. I could totally laugh this last incident off if it weren't for all the other incidents this year. It was funny. But it just happens too often with Tony for my liking.

If I were the media I would give him what he desires. NO MORE COVERAGE! When he wins the Cup at Phoenix/Homestead, no coverage. No cameras, no interviews. At the Waldorf. Go to commercial as he gives his speech. Is that really what Tony wants? I doubt it. Can't have it both ways you know.

Such a GREAT talent to have such a rotten attitude.

How would you have liked to have been the reporter that had to go interview him. I bet all the pit reporters cast lots in the garage to see who had to do it.:)

They didn't show the reporter if I remember right. He probably had the mic taped on to a pit sign pole in order to keep his distance. He also went and got one of the Bodine's helmet. to wear. (they didn't need it) :D

I'm confused. Tony uses the "S" word and you say "You gotta love him", Ward uses the "S" word and you say "FINE HIM". What's wrong with this picture?

Originally posted by nascat22
I'm confused. Tony uses the "S" word and you say "You gotta love him", Ward uses the "S" word and you say "FINE HIM". What's wrong with this picture?

What's wrong with this picture is simple.......both were done in fun.:) I'm a big fan of both drivers..........and I posted both threads.:)

Just taking up for my driver, DE.:) Hey at least he didn't throw his shoe pads.:D

Back
Top Bottom