You know you're an obsessed NASCAR fan when...

A

abooja

You get thrown a free ticket to tonight's Bruce Springsteen concert at Madison Square Garden, but you'd rather go home and watch Inside Winston Cup. :headshake

Going to the concert anyway, though. I'm not a Springsteen fan by any means, but he does put on a good show. However, I will be thinking about what silliness is pouring forth from Michael Waltrip's lips this evening. I hope you guys let me know. :)

Tape the thing and enjoy the concert im going to a lynyrd skynyrd dickey betts and great southern concert on sat in sept i think and will love that one

Thanks, PF4L, but I'm already taping the Larry David Show. Need one of those thingamajigs to be able to change cable channels when taping. :(

Have fun at your concert! I bet if it was on a Saturday night in August, you may not be as inclined to go. :D

... you wont work on sundays even for double time because the race is on at home;)

It was a pretty sane show --- even with Kenny Wallace sitting in for Johnny Benson. LOL

Dave Blaney was the HotSeat guest. Good questions and answers.

I learned something about owner points, too. Didn't realize that a car owner gets points for making qualifing attempts.

I happened to catch the rebroadcast at midnight after the concert, and have to say that I like Dave Blaney even more now than I did before. He seems like an extremely decent guy who just loves racing. He said he'd knew it would be rough coming from WOO to NASCAR, so he did Busch to ease himself into it. Some days, he feels he's on the verge of a win, but others he feels as far away as you can get. Pretty honest.

I was amazed he got a word in edgewise, considering both Michael Waltrip and Kenny Wallace were on the panel. Those two guys sure can talk. Ken Shrader is just the best on that show, however. Such a sarcastic b*stard -- I love it. He rules!

Dickey Betts is the man!!!!!!!

Betts600.jpg

If you like Southern Rock and you haven't yet checked out Derek Trucks (Butch's son) then you're missing out on the best guitarist of this era.

derek.jpg

Hey, if I like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, and Creedence, do you think I'll like Dickey and Derek too? I can always use more music in my collection... :)

Hmm, not sure.

Dickey played guit for the Allman Brothers for years so you probably already like him. :)

And Derek Trucks is Butch Truck's son. Butch Trucks played drums for the Allman Brothers. Derek just plain rips on the guitar. He doesn't use a pick but his notes are so crisp. He's the best alive.

Well, I like some Allman Brothers songs, but I never bothered to learn their names or anything (other than the obvious one). Will check out these other guys, however. My musicals tastes have evolved enough by now, I'm sure, to be able to appreciate just about anything. :)

Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom