You won't believe this.

It is and should be a non story, In My Opinion.

2 weeks ago a parent called for a meeting with my wife about her son, the Dean, Principle and the boys other teachers also attended. The mother came in guns blazing wanting to know why her son was going to fail again this year, the principle stood up and handed her a stack of write ups and notices, that was returned with her signature, of failing grades, in school suspensions, erratic behavior and also a long list of the failed attempts to reach her by phone. The principle said if you want to sit down and discuss this in a civil tone of voice we will see what can be done, but the mother said that the school year was almost over, that her son would not be returning for the rest of the year and he would be sixteen next month and would quit school and get a job. He was in the sixth grade with eleven and twelve year olds, do the math. Of course her screaming tirade from the time she walked in the door until she walked out was mostly bleeps and the kid walked out grinning ear to ear shooting them the bird with both hands. Unfortunately this type of thing is a regular occurrence across the country. Some parents get involved only when they think there is something in it for them, being on TV etc.

. Unfortunately this type of thing is a regular occurrence across the country. Some parents get involved only when they think there is something in it for them, being on TV etc.

So true.....I can't agree enough.

I like this comment
Leslie Shaffermy kids was sitting next to that kid in iss...so, if any think that i have blown out of the wate....turn the table...and they didnt know about the gun ,till his buddy told....so,ya,,it could have been bad....i will do what i have to do to make sure it doesnt happen again Wonder if she will start by making sure her kidS aren't in ISS anymore

2 weeks ago a parent called for a meeting with my wife about her son, the Dean, Principle and the boys other teachers also attended. The mother came in guns blazing wanting to know why her son was going to fail again this year, the principle stood up and handed her a stack of write ups and notices, that was returned with her signature, of failing grades, in school suspensions, erratic behavior and also a long list of the failed attempts to reach her by phone. The principle said if you want to sit down and discuss this in a civil tone of voice we will see what can be done, but the mother said that the school year was almost over, that her son would not be returning for the rest of the year and he would be sixteen next month and would quit school and get a job. He was in the sixth grade with eleven and twelve year olds, do the math. Of course her screaming tirade from the time she walked in the door until she walked out was mostly bleeps and the kid walked out grinning ear to ear shooting them the bird with both hands. Unfortunately this type of thing is a regular occurrence across the country. Some parents get involved only when they think there is something in it for them, being on TV etc.

That kid will never get hired. He will likely just live with his parents until they die and then probably a few weeks after that until the bills come in.

That kid will never get hired. He will likely just live with his parents until they die and then probably a few weeks after that until the bills come in.
Yep.

Seems like the school had it under control but just didn't communicate it to the parents well enough. Not enough to justify the parents' antics though.

Give that principle a raise. Now.

Seems like the school had it under control but just didn't communicate it to the parents well enough. Not enough to justify the parents' antics though.
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough for some, the parents ignored every paper sent home, it turns out the boy signed and returned them, ignored every request for a meeting, never answered or returned the phone calls, child welfare even went to check on them at the schools request but they cannot make a parent respond to a request from the school, for the entire damn school year until she decided to make a ruckus because he failed again. Some people seem to want to blame the school system no matter what. This is not a what if scenario, this happened just as I have described it and it happens way too often.

Johali, I think FlRacingFan was responding to mag's original post, not yours.
Thanks TRL, if so, he has my apology, as you know its a touchy subject especially when it concerns family, all is good.

Back
Top Bottom