"Young Guns" fading fast

H

HardScrabble

Top 25 drivers over the last six races. Just can't seem to get the young 'uns up on the program!!:D

Last Six Rank --- Driver --- WC Points
1 --- Ryan Newman --- 897
2 --- Kevin Harvick --- 879
3 --- Jimmie Johnson --- 801
4 --- Bill Elliott --- 784
5 --- Robby Gordon --- 769
6 --- Rusty Wallace --- 758
7 --- Mark Martin --- 755
8 --- Sterling Marlin --- 746
9 --- Ricky Rudd --- 744
10 --- Tony Stewart --- 730
11 --- Jeff Gordon --- 722
12 --- Jeff Green --- 720
13 --- Dale Jarrett --- 709
14 --- Michael Waltrip --- 697
15 --- Terry Labonte --- 674
16 --- Ward Burton --- 655
17 --- Bobby Labonte --- 654
18 --- Matt Kenseth --- 644
19 --- Bobby Hamilton --- 629
20 --- Kurt Busch --- 617
21 --- Dale Earnhardt Jr. --- 605
22 --- John Andretti --- 590
23 --- Jeff Burton --- 589
24 --- Todd Bodine --- 584
25 --- Dave Blaney --- 578

Not that big of a surprise to an old gun fan like me.:satisfied

Ryan is rapidly becoming the guy to beat every week.Up to 9th in the points.I was really impressed with his run at the Glen.

For a rookie to do that well at a track where they have little expierence amazes me. Just goes to show of not only the great equipment but the Talent that these newcomers have.

Some of the veterans, like Gordon there in 11th, Jarrett in 13th, and Bobby Labonte in 17th are the real surprises there. None of them are having real stellar seasons this year.

What are you talking about, HardScrabble? Look at the top-3 in those points you posted - Newman, Harvick and Johnson. Which means 2 rookies and a sophmore have been the drivers to beat as of late. That doesn't look like "fading fast" to me.

Originally posted by stridsberry
What are you talking about, HardScrabble?  Look at the top-3 in those points you posted - Newman, Harvick and Johnson.  Which means 2 rookies and a sophmore have been the drivers to beat as of late.  That doesn't look like "fading fast" to me.

LOL Good work Strids...

Reckon I should have stuck a bunch of smileys in there to make the tongue in cheek message clear!!!:D

I probably should have caught that too...but no big deal. :D

Back
Top Bottom