Young guns

Fordracing7

2018 Pick em Champion
The idea of a teams like FRR wanting to go with a young driver, and Swan droping Stremme for young blood. Guys like truex, swindell and whitt getting shots in my opinion its time for a new wave of drivers. Sorry if you're a fan of guys like Mears, D.Blaney, Yeley, Riggs and etc. The list goes on and on. Way too much talent getting pushed back for guys in their late 30s and 40s simply filling the field. JMO

Yea most teams are always looking for the young talent, however some teams can't afford the race cars they tear up. I remember Rousch sitting Stenhouse at one point.

Yeah that really is the downside its kind of catch 22 if they just ride around will rarely be interested

The idea of a teams like FRR wanting to go with a young driver, and Swan droping Stremme for young blood. Guys like truex, swindell and whitt getting shots in my opinion its time for a new wave of drivers. Sorry if you're a fan of guys like Mears, D.Blaney, Yeley, Riggs and etc. The list goes on and on. Way too much talent getting pushed back for guys in their late 30s and 40s simply filling the field. JMO

Is that you, Ryan?

I still have no idea why and how Mears and Yeley are still getting rides. Bad or good, these dudes just dont cut it.

I still have no idea why and how Mears and Yeley are still getting rides. Bad or good, these dudes just dont cut it.

I don't know why Geico is still sponsoring the #13 car. Seems like they'd wanna spend a little more and get on one of the top cars. Might cost them more but they'd make a LOT more in the end.

I like the idea of young guys coming up but the names you listed are driving for mediore teams. In fact, Mears is the only one who's had a decent finish all year. Young guys need to come up in a good situation. Their are about 20 to maybe 25 'good' situations in Nascar. Filling the field out with young guys in bad cars does nothing to build new stars.

I like the idea of young guys coming up but the names you listed are driving for mediore teams. In fact, Mears is the only one who's had a decent finish all year. Young guys need to come up in a good situation. Their are about 20 to maybe 25 'good' situations in Nascar. Filling the field out with young guys in bad cars does nothing to build new stars.
When Dale Sr started , getting a ride in a field filler was the only way to break in . As I recall , his big break came when he got his ride with a new team who had no money at all. Richard Childress.

When Dale Sr started , getting a ride in a field filler was the only way to break in . As I recall , his big break came when he got his ride with a new team who had no money at all. Richard Childress.

It's a different time. Moneywise, I'd take any cup ride but unless a team is building towards something or has deep pockets like Harry Scott or Barney Visser, I wouldn't want to be with a smaller team if I wanted to win. Teams like the Baldwin team may never get to be a top 20 ride before they fold.

It's a big sponsors sport and sponsors want their sponsors in the field, not off the track from an over aggressive young kid.

he was already a Winston cup champ and rookie of the year before he went to RCR.

Ive always been more of a fan of veteran drivers over 19 and 20 year olds coming in after one year in NW or so.

FRR is the perfect example of todays possibilities. Before the darlington win they were really just a field filler I'm sure some of you saw the potential in them and Regan. But never expected them to really take advantage of the RCR alliance and be a chase team in a few years from being start up. Yeah Todd Berrier Kurt Busch RCR is about the perfect combo IMO, but it's Possible. Just saying put a ryan blaney or jeb burton in a Germain car they might "wake it up" in a few years. And by the way what happens to all the major teams when the owners all die or are too old in twenty years. Hendrick Roush penske in 60s or older. Childress and gibbs have j.d. and the dillons.

FRR is the perfect example of todays possibilities. Before the darlington win they were really just a field filler I'm sure some of you saw the potential in them and Regan. But never expected them to really take advantage of the RCR alliance and be a chase team in a few years from being start up. Yeah Todd Berrier Kurt Busch RCR is about the perfect combo IMO, but it's Possible. Just saying put a ryan blaney or jeb burton in a Germain car they might "wake it up" in a few years. And by the way what happens to all the major teams when the owners all die or are too old in twenty years. Hendrick Roush penske in 60s or older. Childress and gibbs have j.d. and the dillons.
that is the one thing you can't predict is how things will work out. You just never know.

I think Steven Wallace and John Wes Tonwsley should totally race in the cup series. They would be the best for these underfunded teams. I mean, they would never tear a car up AND they would yield great results!

TchainT said:
I think Steven Wallace and John Wes Tonwsley should totally race in the cup series. They would be the best for these underfunded teams. I mean, they would never tear a car up AND they would yield great results!
The death of debtis cautions

I don't mind a guy like Mears having a ride. He's gotten better each year with Germain, they don't have to S&P anymore, and he has several Top 15 results this year.

Back
Top Bottom