Your Choice For Nascar Hall of Fame

muggle not

Team Owner
Name your choices for the initial selection to the Nascar Hall of Fame. Keep your picks to a maximum of 10 people and list them in order of preference. OK, who will go first. :)

Richard Petty
Bill Elliott
Dale Earnhardt Sr
Jeff Gordon
David Pearson
Lee Petty
Bill France
Bill France Jr
DW
Benny Parsons

My choices for the first 10:

Bill France
Bill France, jr
Richard Petty
David Pearson
Junior Johnson
Dale Earnhardt, sr
Fireball Roberts
Bobby Allison
Darrell Waltrip
Bud Moore...............really hard choice as I also liked Joe Weatherly for 10th.

It's so hard to keep it to only 10. I like all those submitted so far and I'll add at least one more...the old ornery cuss, Curtis Turner.

And....what about Glen Wood and Ralph Moody. It could have been expanded to 50 or more but I decided to make it tough with limiting it to 10. When they do, do, the induction it is going to be very tough and there will be many arguments.

Are they going to limit the number of inductees each year? I would imagine that the first bunch will of course include the France's and the King and Ironhead, along with some of the very first drivers who drove the circuit. They might have a section for all of the champs as well. Keeping that in mind, I'm sure that Mark Martin will make the hall sooner or later, but we'll probably see a lot of drivers make it before him that have many less wins. The criteria is going to be tough for sure.

I wonder what the tickets are going to cost for the Induction Ceremony. That and you know it's going to be a zoo. Speed will televise it if another channel doesn't pick it up.

Bill France Sr
Bill France Jr
Richard Petty
Lee Petty
Dale Earnhardt Sr.
David Pearson
Darrell Waltrip
Cale Yarbourgh
Junior Johnson
Bruton Smith

I'm leaving Jeff Gordon off of this list simply becasue I think you should only be inducted once you retire. I also think there should be a 5 year waiting period after you retire just like the NFL, saying that, as soon as Gordon is eligable he should without a doubt get in.

I'll keep it to just drivers:
1. Lee petty
2. Richard Petty
3. Cale Yarborough
4. David Pearson
5. Dick Trickle
6. Harry Gant
7. Bobby Allison
8. Donny Allison
9. Dale Earnhardt
10. Darrel Waltrip

I'll keep it to just drivers:
1. Lee petty
2. Richard Petty
3. Cale Yarborough
4. David Pearson
5. Dick Trickle
6. Harry Gant
7. Bobby Allison
8. Donny Allison
9. Dale Earnhardt
10. Darrel Waltrip

That is fudging a bit as you get to list at least 2 or 3 more drivers by omitting
the Frances and owners. :D

It is really going to be interesting when they announce the criteria for the first year's selection. And I wonder who will do the selection. Bound to be some hurt feelings of those not selected.

In no particular order...

1. Lee Petty
2. Richard Petty
3. Cale Yarborough
4. David Pearson
5. Darrell Waltrip
6. Dale Earnhardt Sr.
7. Bobby Allison
8. Junior Johnson
9. Bill France Sr.
10. Bill France Jr.

If Jeff Gordon were already retired, I would certainly put him in this group. But I feel that as with other sports, I think you should be retired maybe two years or so before you are inducted. Mark Martin is certainly worthy of induction at some point also in my opinion. Mark is kind of like a parfait (to steal a line from Shrek), I've never met anybody who doesn't like Mark Martin. ;)

It is really going to be interesting when they announce the criteria for the first year's selection. And I wonder who will do the selection. Bound to be some hurt feelings of those not selected.

I agree. There may be some surprises such as a Rick Hendrick or a Richard Childress or someone like that who makes the cut at the expense of some who others feel is more deserving.

hey, and what about someone from the Busch Series. I would think that the nascar Hall Of Fame would also include all 3 series, Cup, Busch, and CTS.

Back
Top Bottom