Your expectations for Kyle Larson rookie cup season?

Lazyking

Over the Cassill we go
I wanted to make a new thread to focus on Kyle's future.. He said at today's press confrence that he hopes to run in the top 15. That's where I think he will land more often then not as well. My roommate was talking chase but I'm not so sure.. I don't think the hype for Larson is quite the same it was with Logano.. maybe because the coverage isn't as wide spread or maybe because Larson isn't taking over the ride of a Hall of famer..

So, what are your expectations for "Young Money" Kyle Larson?

He's going to be a stud, no doubt but I think his first year will be spent in the mid 20s.

I'm not sure how top notch the equipment is either so we'll just wait and see.

I think he'll be comparable to Logano or Stenhouse... maybe worse, they both had success in NNS before coming to cup. However you look at Jimmie Johnson who had minimal success in Nationwide. Its hard to judge but I think he'll finish outside the top20 but inside the top 25 in points next season.

I wanted to make a new thread to focus on Kyle's future.. He said at today's press confrence that he hopes to run in the top 15. That's where I think he will land more often then not as well. My roommate was talking chase but I'm not so sure.. I don't think the hype for Larson is quite the same it was with Logano.. maybe because the coverage isn't as wide spread or maybe because Larson isn't taking over the ride of a Hall of famer..

Maybe because the ones that said that are still trying to get their foots out of their mouths. :)
Chip said the same thing I have noticed. Kyle rides mid pack most of the race and at the last, if he has anything he moves up. Keeps him out of the spotlight doing that, but he finishes well. Only race I saw him charge was the dirt truck race.

Better than JPM, but still will be snarked as to young on the internets

I hope the young man is able to cope because he just got thrown into the deep end of the pool, and I'm not sure he can really swim all that well.
Personally, I think it's too soon --- but it's not my money he will be spending in torn up cars. I'm reminded of Casey Atwood and Reed Sorenson, both talented, both too young and inexperienced.

Kyle will be running with the wolves, I hope he survives.

Why can't he remind you of another Kyle? in Kyle Busch? He was too young and he survived.

IF EGR is still running Hendrick, I doubt speed will be an issue. That doesn't mean Larson will set the world on fire but he's not gonna be driving junk.

Kyle has tons of talent and reminds me of a less ****y Kyle Busch. That being said I have two words for you, Casey Atwood. He was suppose to be the next big thing but where is he now?

Kyle has tons of talent and reminds me of a less ****y Kyle Busch. That being said I have two words for you, Casey Atwood. He was suppose to be the next big thing but where is he now?

Casey Atwood, ouch, That's a tough and unfair comparison.

Even if he was fed to the wolves too soon he had more than enough time to show promise and he just didn't.

Guy had no talent. No idea why people thought he was ever going to be some amazing driver. I think Ray said something about him being awesome and everybody just adopted his train of thought.

Realistic ones. The next big thing has come and gone many times over the years. If he does good then great. I'll be able to enjoy watching him race for years to come. If not, oh well. There'll be another behind him. No expectations from me.

Yeah, I'm already on record in another thread with the same (lack of) expectations. When this contract runs out, he'll be looking for a new home, and it may well be in N'wide again. It's not any fault of his own; he just doesn't have the experience to survive at this level yet. Turner went cheap with someone he already had under contract, instead of shelling out for a driver with more Cup experience. What was the last startup team with a rookie driver to make any significant impact?

He will finish around the same place where Stenhouse will finish in points (20th or 21st) but have a very different kind of season -- he will be up front some of the races and get 5 or so top tens -- but he will also get 5 or so DNFs.

Larson is driving for EGR not Turner next year.
Larson is driving for EGR in cup, and Turner/Scott in Nationwide. What a mess, Scott has a cup team, Turner/Scott has a n'wide team, and who knows how many races and in which series Larson is racing. Besides being thrown into the deep end of the cup pool, he has multiple sponsor obligations, and fan stuff to deal with, multiple cars to learn how to drive, he hasn't even got a year in N'wide under his belt. I think Gannasi made a rash snap decision to get rid of Juan way too soon, Larson doesn't know what he is doing in a N'wide car much less a cup ride.

Larson is driving for EGR in cup, and Turner/Scott in Nationwide. What a mess, Scott has a cup team, Turner/Scott has a n'wide team, and who knows how many races and in which series Larson is racing. Besides being thrown into the deep end of the cup pool, he has multiple sponsor obligations, and fan stuff to deal with, multiple cars to learn how to drive, he hasn't even got a year in N'wide under his belt. I think Gannasi made a rash snap decision to get rid of Juan way too soon, Larson doesn't know what he is doing in a N'wide car much less a cup ride.

I know that, just someone in this thread thought he was running for the 51 in cup

I know that, just someone in this thread thought he was running for the 51 in cup
I don't know who the hell he was talking about..Turner doesn't have a dog in the hunt. Scott has Allgaier for three races in the 51..as I said..good luck with that. But his waiting around might get him a loose JPM or a Bobby Labonte, or a Newman for the 51

I'm thinking top 25 in points, a handful of top tens, maybe even a surprise win. This kids a badass.

Larson in his rookie season will be better than where Logano is now.

DP, this is my bold prediction for next year.

Kyle Larson 2 wins.

Larson in his rookie season will be better than where Logano is now.

DP, this is my bold prediction for next year.

Kyle Larson 2 wins.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I will be sure to bring this thread back up after his first win, and then I will give you guys something special after his second. :D

If McMurray can win multiple times in a single season, in that same equipment.. I don't think 2 shockers by Larson is out of the question..

I say that as a McMurray fan btw.

you give Larson an inch and he will take a mile. he didn't miss an opportunity at Daytona or jamming with the other Kyle at Bristol

No doubt Kyle Larson is the real deal. But it is awful early for him to be thrust into a Cup car. A split time deal with Mark Martin would be ideal, but if that's not gonna happen, I'd look for him to finish low teens to high twenties in points, may even sneak in a win.

Only because this year it is impossible for NW regulars to win races. Only 3 regulars have won races this year. Drivers like Vickers, Sadler, and Dillon haven't won this year either. If Kyle Busch or the 22 crew were in NNS then Larson probably would have 2 or 3 wins.
So how many 2nd place finishes does he have? Or even 3rd? If the 54 and 22 are the only reason he should have a bunch of 2nd's and 3rd's... right?

Back
Top Bottom